View Poll Results: Oakland Raiders or Washington Redskins?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oakland Raiders

13 24.53%
  • Washington Redskins

37 69.81%
  • Undecided

3 5.66%
    GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Which team will have a better season, Raiders or Redskins?

I am wondering about the public perception on these two teams.

newjerseydevils
    newjerseydevils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

redskins

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

The public perception is that the Redskins will do better. I see a lot of comments about the 'Skins SB chances around the internet.

I think the Raiders will do much better now that they have a qualified NFL QB. Campbell threw for 64.5% last year, JaMarcus can't hit the toilet with 64.5% accuracy.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

Skins have the talent to go 8-8 this year.

thebayareabeast
    thebayareabeast's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dumb question... Oakland is garbage. Skins can be a competitive team.

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

Big upgrade for the skins

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Redskins

DaProfessor23
    DaProfessor23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

skins , but i think in a few years Oakland with pass them and become better team

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Skins have the better team, but are in a much tougher division. I mean if Oakland can steal a game from the Chargers, and take care of business against the Chiefs and Broncos, they could also hover around .500 easily and be in contention to win that division. However that is a big IF.

cover1
    cover1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both teams could go 0-16, who cares!

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Skins still need to be able to protect McNabb and Haynesworth has become more than just a headache. If they start slow, I see big problems for Shannahan.

Raiders have a lot of young talent, but Campbell is a below average qb throwing to a group of inexperienced guys. McFadden needs to become a lead rb. The D is still suspect.

8 wins for either team will be a stretch and if I had to pick which one will do it, I'd pick the Skins. Never underestimate the foolishness of Al Davis.

pinnacle212
    pinnacle212's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Skins still need to be able to protect McNabb and Haynesworth has become more than just a headache. If they start slow, I see big problems for Shannahan. Raiders have a lot of young talent, but Campbell is a below average qb throwing to a group of inexperienced guys. McFadden needs to become a lead rb. The D is still suspect. 8 wins for either team will be a stretch and if I had to pick which one will do it, I'd pick the Skins. Never underestimate the foolishness of Al Davis.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. The Raiders have a better O-line than the Redskins. If you cant figure that out you are really crazy. They can actually protect Campbell instead of buying overprice D-linesman. They could have bought a whole offenseline for what they are paying haynesworth. There defense will suck because the locker room will suck. Its hard for McFadden to run when your QB cant complete a five yard pass because he looks like and O-linesman at QB

Love the Ashy Larry Avatar.

crazymilkman
    crazymilkman's Avatar Become A Pro!

how can we tell since the game haven't started yet

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Public perception will side with the skins, however we all know how often they are correct. I am biased because I'm a Raider fan. They should be much better this year and could end up being 9-7 or 8-8. I see the skins being around the same, it's going to take Shanahan a few years yet, Hanesworth is turning into a big distraction, and Mcnabbs best years are behind him.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's close because the Raiders have a much easier schedule than the Redskins. But I still vote Redskins, McNabb is an Elite QB.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gotta vote for my Skins of course.

Will be heavily rooting for the Raiders though, more specifically JC. Guy never got a fair shake here, true class act though, and has the skills to succeed in this league behind a good OL IMO.

thebayareabeast
    thebayareabeast's Avatar Become A Pro!

McNabb is no longer an elite QB.

dialup_king
    dialup_king's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

washington

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

It's too early to make this call. Neither of these teams is making the playoffs most likely.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

REDSKINS- Raiders in deep water.

GunShard

The stats that are over looked on the poor teams, would be the Raiders and Bills passing defense. It's strong but their offense is obviously lacking.

Wade Dwayne
    Wade Dwayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raiders should be better this year if they leave Cambell alone at QB as there defense was competitive at times even though they were on the field 70% of the time. As for the redskins they wont beat a division opponent. My vote Raiders.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i thought last year oak town was a qb away from being competitive at least, and they proved that picking up a few solid wins when fat boy got pulled, oak in a much easier div but i also like what the skins have done if they can make something out of the Haynesworth situation i think they will be solid....very close as i think they both improved but i will say Oak right now just because of schedule.....

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    The public perception is that the Redskins will do better. I see a lot of comments about the 'Skins SB chances around the internet.

I think the Raiders will do much better now that they have a qualified NFL QB. Campbell threw for 64.5% last year, JaMarcus can't hit the toilet with 64.5% accuracy.

..... solid post

Herrington
    Herrington's Avatar Become A Pro!

Redskins Could win but they need more than just corage!!!!!!!!!1

DrAwInGdEaD
    DrAwInGdEaD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

really????? redskins by far

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by thebayareabeast View Post
    McNabb is no longer an elite QB.
    McNabb is coming off one of his best years, statistically. Saying that McNabb is slowing down is like saying that Favre is slowing down. The evidence points to the contrary. McNabb seems to be following Favre's path of being run out of town by an up and coming younger QB only to go to a divsion rival. I expect McNabb to have a season like Favre had this year and for Favre to maintain his high level of play.

You can keep counting these old guys out, but the numbers suggest that they are still better than ever.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    McNabb is coming off one of his best years, statistically. Saying that McNabb is slowing down is like saying that Favre is slowing down. The evidence points to the contrary. McNabb seems to be following Favre's path of being run out of town by an up and coming younger QB only to go to a divsion rival. I expect McNabb to have a season like Favre had this year and for Favre to maintain his high level of play.

You can keep counting these old guys out, but the numbers suggest that they are still better than ever.

i agree, nothing points to Mcnabb being in decline. im sure he can have several more good years, however unlike Farve Mcnabb is downgrading weapon wise so not sure he will put the same kinda numbers up this 1st year...
    Last edited by 2daBank; 07-07-10 at 04:07 AM.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Definitely the Skins...

plays
    808 SPORTS PICKS KICKS ASS
    plays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Redkins

stitchez
    Dont burn your colts stuff
    stitchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I dont think any of those teams will do good, i hope the raiders dont come back to so cal.. keep them out..

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i agree, nothing points to Mcnabb being in decline. im sure he can have several more good years, however unlike Farve Mcnabb is downgrading weapon wise so not sure he will put the same kinda numbers up this 1st year...
    I'm not sure what to think about the Redskins offense, as a whole, with so many pieces to the puzzle laying on the table. At RB, they've still got Portis who'll be 29 years old, Larry Johnson who'll be 31 years old and Willie Parker who'll be 30, so RB will be kinda curious as far as age is concerned with all of these guys getting towards the end of their useful life as a primary back. At WR, Moss is still solid but will be 31 years old. Then they've got Galloway who'll be 39 and Furrey at 33, but I gotta imagine one or both will be cut before opening day. Then they've got Malcom Kelley and Devin Thomas who'll both be entering their 3rd year and ought to start becoming major contributors at WR. Then they've got solid guys like Cooley, Sellers, F.Davis at FB/TE to give McNabb that nice blocking & safety valve option. On the offensive line, #4 overall pick LT Trent Williams might make or break the season for the Redskins because if he's solid they will go far, but if he's a bust it could be a disaster.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Redskins by far

10-6

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I'm not sure what to think about the Redskins offense, as a whole, with so many pieces to the puzzle laying on the table. At RB, they've still got Portis who'll be 29 years old, Larry Johnson who'll be 31 years old and Willie Parker who'll be 30, so RB will be kinda curious as far as age is concerned with all of these guys getting towards the end of their useful life as a primary back. At WR, Moss is still solid but will be 31 years old. Then they've got Galloway who'll be 39 and Furrey at 33, but I gotta imagine one or both will be cut before opening day. Then they've got Malcom Kelley and Devin Thomas who'll both be entering their 3rd year and ought to start becoming major contributors at WR. Then they've got solid guys like Cooley, Sellers, F.Davis at FB/TE to give McNabb that nice blocking & safety valve option. On the offensive line, #4 overall pick LT Trent Williams might make or break the season for the Redskins because if he's solid they will go far, but if he's a bust it could be a disaster.

good post....you right a healthy Cooley to go along with the emerging Davis is a intriguing pair of weapons for Shanahan to play with, gotta think with that stable of aging backs they will be able to keep someone upright and running strong, if that can happen i agree Kelley could certainly be a up and coming star, of coarse like you said a lot rest on a line, wouldnt it have been nice if they didnt pay that fat jackass 100 mil and used that for some lineman....you certainly switched my brain back to football mode as i was struggling to picture what there offense would look like
    Last edited by 2daBank; 07-07-10 at 02:24 PM.

GunShard

It's like Raiders' better schedule vs Redskins' stronger players. Let's see which team will have a better record at the end of the season.

123 Last