slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6249

Kylian Mbappe wants to leave Paris Saint Germain

Why does he want to leave Paris and go to Spain of all countries considering there a lot of racism from opposing fans. The guy a soccer icon at Paris Saint Germain.

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8833

Mbappe is under contract until June 2024 @ PSG. He has an option to extend that contract, under its present status , for 1 additional year. Racism is all around the globe but no greater in Spain then anywhere else. With Messi gone and Neymar no longer desired by PSG due to his constant injury problems , Mbappe is clearly upset. Too bad , he is going nowhere for the next 2 years
    Last edited by franz555; 06-13-23 at 09:35 AM.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2478

Let the racists win? Beta move.

His contract ends next yr with a year extension being refused in writing.

Madrid favs, Man u perhaps, because of qatari takeover and psg having qatar owners. He could be just whining and backtrack.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2199

He should go to Inter Miami

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Luckily racism only exists in Spain and not France.

Besides, with all the millions and billions pouring in from Qatar they haven't won jack shit besides their meaningless Ligue 1 title which is equal to winning a pound of tomatoes. They already brought in many superstars and failed. They will never win anything in Europe. And while I think La Liga is also utter garbage if you exclude a handful of teams, Real Madrid is still Real Madrid. Very likely he'll win the Champions League with them. He only extended his current contract because of political pressure behind the scenes. Not happening this time.
    Points Awarded:

franz555 gave Allure 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3629

If he can't win anything with Neymar and Messi? PSG isn't even a paper champion. I think it's time to move on from that club.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

He's not leaving.
    There's racism in every country.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10404

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Why does he want to leave Paris and go to Spain of all countries considering there a lot of racism from opposing fans. The guy a soccer icon at Paris Saint Germain.
    ~~~

Hopefully he can get a very large contract enabling him
    to purchase much-needed vowels.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10404

Why doesn't European Soccerball move beyond racism
    as exhibited by NBA Basketball in The Land of Freedom.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25005

Can't stand these players that stay in France forever. Even Spain is lightweight. Spanish La Liga is a very top-heavy league and not known for having tough defenders.

For the TOP players in the world, if they have a chance to play in England or Germany, they really need to put in two years there to show their mettle. England is the most competitive league, I don't like the players that dodge for their entire career. Germany is 2nd IMHO, good physicality in that league.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Can't stand these players that stay in France forever. Even Spain is lightweight. Spanish La Liga is a very top-heavy league and not known for having tough defenders.

For the TOP players in the world, if they have a chance to play in England or Germany, they really need to put in two years there to show their mettle. England is the most competitive league, I don't like the players that dodge for their entire career. Germany is 2nd IMHO, good physicality in that league.
    Like you said Englands got the best competition in the world. London alone has four big clubs plus a number of smaller clubs that challenge for the Premier League every season. Crystal Palace FC for example.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Like you said Englands got the best competition in the world. London alone has four big clubs plus a number of smaller clubs that challenge for the Premier League every season. Crystal Palace FC for example.
    Pack, I know I'm in the minority. I really question these top 10 players who spend their whole career in FRA/SPA. I know Messi was a fantastic player...and I know he's a slighter build.

Q: How would Messi have fared in the EPL? Of course, he would have been successful. But how would he perform after facing the physical confrontations?

Mbappe has a bigger frame. Why TF has he spent his entire club career in France? Are you kidding me? This guy doesn't want to challenge himself? He can accumulate all the $$ in the world...and he can win 20 French Ligue One titles, I don't care.

packerd_00

Pack, I know I'm in the minority. I really question these top 10 players who spend their whole careers in FRA/SPA. I know Messi was a fantastic player...and I know he's a slighter build.

Q: How would Messi have fared in the EPL? Of course, he would have been successful. But how would he perform after facing the physical confrontations?

Mbappe has a bigger frame. Why TF has he spent his entire club career in France? Are you kidding me? This guy doesn't want to challenge himself? He can accumulate all the $$ in the world...and he can win 20 French Ligue One titles, I don't care.
    Yeah, he certainly wouldn't have been that fish in a gold fish bowl had he made the move to England. It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with a club like say Palace. Going to a club like Man United, hell everyone can do that.

I'm not sure what held Mbappe back because he played on some good National Team sides so you'd think he'd have the urge to challenge himself. If you never do that how can you call yourself the best ever. You can't.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Yeah, he certainly wouldn't have been that fish in a gold fish bowl had he made the move to England. It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with a club like say Palace. Going to a club like Man United, hell everyone can do that.

I'm not sure what held Mbappe back because he played on some good National Team sides so you'd think he'd have the urge to challenge himself. If you never do that how can you call yourself the best ever. You can't.
    Exactly, the EPL is ultra-competitive. Upsets happen. Even the smaller clubs like CRYST PALACE are a challenge.

Full respect to strikers that play in the EPL. They have to go through towering Central Defenders and tall Keepers. Even against relegation-threatened teams, it's not easy.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9318

Do you think new coach Ange Postecoglou can do anything with Spurs next season?

Aussie media think he is a god and will take them to Europe after one season there.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Aussie media think he is a god and will take them to Europe after one season there.
    Not sure, Opti. I'd be lying if I said I had an answer on that one.

packerd_00

Exactly, the EPL is ultra-competitive. Upsets happen. Even the smaller clubs like CRYST PALACE are a challenge.

Full respect to strikers that play in the EPL. They have to go through towering Central Defenders and tall Keepers. Even against relegation-threatened teams, it's not easy.
    Especially when you consider how small of an area Crystal Palace is in. Croydon isn't a huge place at all.

That's why Harry Kane is such a good player he's been able to do aswell as he's had in the PL.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 06-14-23 at 08:43 AM.

cashin81
    hvob

now hes saying he doesnt want to leave.....to stay at psg -200 now... -110 yesterday

whining ninja turtle

cashin81
    hvob

Cant see anyone saving spurs.
    kane 30+ goals got them 8th,
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave cashin81 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

slayer14

cashin81
    hvob

Al hilal bid £250m+ for him.... Including 700m in wages for ONE year.

Odds to "any saudi club" hammered down to -150... +500 to stay in france

French media outlet L'Equipe reported on Monday that PSG's owners are ready to accept the proposal from Al Hilal, which reportedly includes a $775 million (700 million euros) wage packet for Mbappé, and have allowed the Saudi club to speak with the World Cup winne

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8504

That’s billion with a B.

For one year of Mbappe.

cashin81
    hvob

Wiping out hunger in Africa could cost just $5bn.

Points Awarded:

chuda gave cashin81 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11680

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    There's racism in every country.
    Try being white in an all black school & then be told that only white people can be "racist".

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Weren't they in Europe this past season? I remember them losing to AC Milan.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    Wiping out hunger in Africa could cost just $5bn.

This contract figure is insane. How would a team possibly profit from this signing?

slayer14

The Saudi club are ripping themselves off

cashin81
    hvob

This contract figure is insane. How would a team possibly profit from this signing?
    Statement signing for long term gains. If the best player at his peak would go to Saudi - then it would be easier to sign "normal" players.

Looks like hype, odds going back towards madrid. Although Im not sure how a man could live with himself turning down 80k an hour.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2804

The Decision Part Deux coming up

cashin81
    hvob

+600 for saudi now...

ChuckyTheGoat

Statement signing for long term gains. If the best player at his peak would go to Saudi - then it would be easier to sign "normal" players.

Looks like hype, odds going back towards madrid. Although Im not sure how a man could live with himself turning down 80k an hour.
    Mbappe holds all the cards. Can't begrudge a guy for maxing his Earn.

You make a good point. The Club/League have to have a business plan where they think this $$ is worth the investment. Any chance that the Saudi league becomes a Super League?

I normally hate these leagues where they bring in a mega-signing and he has an easy run of it. EPL is unquestionably the toughest league, players in that league earn their keep.

cashin81
    hvob

That's what they're trying to do .... already signed some decent players, Milinkovic savic from Lazio, Ruben neves from wolves.. Benzema

China tried it and failed, this will likely fail too

ChuckyTheGoat

That's what they're trying to do .... already signed some decent players, Milinkovic savic from Lazio, Ruben neves from wolves.. Benzema

Yeah, so many of the great players sign one LAST CONTRACT before retiring. Like Beckham in the USA. I don't begrudge him, at that point it's business.

I can't imagine being in the prime of your career, top talent in the world, and signing up for a 2nd-tier league. The $$ figures have to be awfully big.

packerd_00

Some of the wealthy Chinese football clubs tried this stunt but they could only get washed up players like Drogba. They couldn't get anyone with some clout to come.

packerd_00

It is very rare you'll see a top flight player with his whole career ahead of him take the money and join one of these hole in the wall Football Leagues. It's usually players that were once stars and are now forgotten about.

12 Last