OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5228

then there was NFL team that won with back up QB vs The Goat

E A G L E S baby

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Plus the 2004 Red Sox had suffered many times to the yanks in the past so there was a history of defeats and a level of comfort the yanks fell into in game 4 and 5 I bet.
    The Heat know they can’t do that and won’t. But JV is just trying to get internet cred. No one would bet Celtics down 3-0. Even me who thought they were going to win it all
    Tony Clark ground rule double saved Boston.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5228

This is known as "Doing the flounder" lol i know flounder animal house

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Tony Clark ground rule double saved Boston.
    Probably.
    Thing is Sox after advancing went on to sweep the 2002 Champs four games to zip to win the AL.
    Then swept the NL Champ Cards, a really good Cards team, four games to zip to win it all.

Celtics are getting worked by Bam and Butler, and three point shooting.
    The same way Jokic is working AD and Murray is working whatever guard LA puts on him.

The only way Boston claws back in this down 1-3
    a) They need to show up with some pride which they swallowed last night.
    b) Miami's snipers, like Max, Dunc, and Vincent need to go cold while C's snipers Brogdon and White need to get hot AND Brown needs to find his shot.

Quite frankly I don't see it happening.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

So man comments in here about Mazzoula.

If you're a veteran player and you still need to be motivated by your coach to win, you're just a bum, plain and simple. Jimmy Butler doesn't listen to Spoelstra. Spoelstra is a great coach, but Butler doesn't care what he says. They've argued many times. If you watch the games, Butler sits on the bench and doesn't even listen in the timeouts. He's locked in personally already. The guys on the celtics aren't young. They've been in the league for many years, even the so called young guys have been there forever.

This isn't little league. How many times has Shaq said "me and Kobe didn't care what Phil Jackson had to say, we had to find it within us to go out and do the job." You can be brilliant at x's and o's. The players aren't robots and it's not a video game. A coach can't make someone run, can't make someone defend, can't make you make or miss a shot, or go for a rebound, or dive on the floor.

These teams have faced each other so many times that the x's and o's are all the same. Everyone knows everyone. Everyone knows everyones tendencies. You just have to go out and do it, as a player.

Boston's problem is that the players just don't look like they like each other anymore. If they lose this series, this team is gonna get blown up.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    2023 Celtics ARE NOT 2004 Red Sox

Brown and Tatum ARE NOT Schilling and Pedro.
    I wish someone would pass this note to Tatum and Brown.... and if they don't understand it... they are pathetic.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

If you're a veteran player and you still need to be motivated by your coach to win, you're just a bum, plain and simple. Jimmy Butler doesn't listen to Spoelstra. Spoelstra is a great coach, but Butler doesn't care what he says. They've argued many times. If you watch the games, Butler sits on the bench and doesn't even listen in the timeouts. He's locked in personally already. The guys on the celtics aren't young. They've been in the league for many years, even the so called young guys have been there forever.

This isn't little league. How many times has Shaq said "me and Kobe didn't care what Phil Jackson had to say, we had to find it within us to go out and do the job." You can be brilliant at x's and o's. The players aren't robots and it's not a video game. A coach can't make someone run, can't make someone defend, can't make you make or miss a shot, or go for a rebound, or dive on the floor.

These teams have faced each other so many times that the x's and o's are all the same. Everyone knows everyone. Everyone knows everyones tendencies. You just have to go out and do it, as a player.

Boston's problem is that the players just don't look like they like each other anymore. If they lose this series, this team is gonna get blown up.
    Goat.... it also has things to do with AGE... Body Language.... and Experience. Sometime as a player... you say to yourself... why the fu## should I listen to Mazzulla? He as ZERO EXPERIENCE. I agree no player should give a rats ass about who's coaching... but he is YOUR LEADER. If you believe your leader is WEAK... you too become WEAK and DON'T TRY. To be honest with you... I've seen the clips of the huddle in a timeout. Nothing impresses me about Mazzulla. In fact he was never head coaching material. He was a "HOPEFUL" fill in. Had a great regular season... and they gave him a 2 year deal in February. Well... the wheels came off. It happens. Stevens has only himself to blame. He'll be criticized viciously if he breaks up Tatum and Brown... but they just don't play well together. They aren't serious enough... they aren't angry enough.... and they aren't championship material.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Longer this goes more likely Celtics win

i would have Celtics ml like this

gm 4 +110

gm 5 -230

gm 6 -150

gm 7 -400
    Could be. Even if they win the next 3, -400 would be too high to me.

TheMoneyShot

I never noticed the odds for Boston (series) being down 0-3.... +660 is rather low odds for a team in this position. No NBA team has ever comeback from 0-3. And they are at +660? Wow. Seems like Miami should be -1400 or more.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30352

It could happen

Celtics win Game 4 in blowout fashion and everyone will bet them to win down 3-1

So it's probably smart to bet them now... although +800 admittedly looks really weak

On second thought, might just be better to bet them Game 4. Getting them as an underdog in a single game looks more attractive than the series bet

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

has there been 2 teammates criticized more the last few years than brown and tatum especially by the big headed clown on espn. last 7 yrs celts in 5 conf finals no rings but other than warriors not a more successful team. all that and still 26 and younger. I’ll rejoice when that big headed clown is off the air forever. the negativity from head alone clogging up the airwaves is enough to extinguish a bonfire.
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-22-23 at 02:20 PM.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

I might give this some thought if they lost a game at the buzzer and lost another game in the last minute when it was close, but they have not been close to winning any of these games in the last few minutes its been wrapped up. They are being d-o-m-i-n-a-t-e-d. This series is over.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Goat.... it also has things to do with AGE... Body Language.... and Experience. Sometime as a player... you say to yourself... why the fu## should I listen to Mazzulla? He as ZERO EXPERIENCE. I agree no player should give a rats ass about who's coaching... but he is YOUR LEADER. If you believe your leader is WEAK... you too become WEAK and DON'T TRY. To be honest with you... I've seen the clips of the huddle in a timeout. Nothing impresses me about Mazzulla. In fact he was never head coaching material. He was a "HOPEFUL" fill in. Had a great regular season... and they gave him a 2 year deal in February. Well... the wheels came off. It happens. Stevens has only himself to blame. He'll be criticized viciously if he breaks up Tatum and Brown... but they just don't play well together. They aren't serious enough... they aren't angry enough.... and they aren't championship material.
    I agree with all this. I'm not saying he's a good coach. Frank Vogel was never a good coach imo. I don't think he said one thing that could have motivated Lebron or Davis or others to go out and win. Usually players don't follow the coach though, that's a very big misconception. Players follow their true leader, and the true leader is always the best player or best two players on the team. The Heat are playing for Jimmy Butler, and Jimmy Butler is playing for his legacy. They are not playing for Spoelstra, I know that for a fact.

I understand your point about seeing a weak leader, and then that seeping into the team. But as I said, this isn't college basketball bro. This is a team full of guys who have been in the nba for many years. Tatum and Brown are vets at this stage. They've been in so many big games. Al Horford and Brogdon are both older. Smart has been around the block, he's older. Everyone on this team is in their prime pretty much.

Ppl on this site talk about coaches a lot. But sports more than anything is an internal war. And if you're not ready for that, you're gonna get thumped. There's nothing Bill Bellichick could have said to Brady to make him score 30 points in 17 minutes to win a superbowl. You either make the play or you don't. There's nothing darvin hamm can say to his team to make them avoid a sweep. They either have internal pride or they don't.

BGS 9.5
    BGS 9.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3623

Kid is just a dumb p hag

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 180

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    It could happen

Celtics win Game 4 in blowout fashion and everyone will bet them to win down 3-1

So it's probably smart to bet them now... although +800 admittedly looks really weak

On second thought, might just be better to bet them Game 4. Getting them as an underdog in a single game looks more attractive than the series bet
    I actually think th opposite

if Celtics win gm 4 public will take heat as dog to try and close out

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Longer this goes more likely Celtics win

i would have Celtics ml like this

gm 4 +110

gm 5 -230

gm 6 -150

gm 7 -400
    Very well said, Johnny. This could happen. It's all about getting Gm4.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Very well said, Johnny. This could happen. It's all about getting Gm4.
    Thx chuck

I feel oddly good about this even tho never happened in nba history

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Horrible take Goatie. It took Mazzulla 2.5 games to finally double team Butler. Tendencies? Half the Miami lineup are guys that are playing because other guys got hurt. Spoelstra has won every third quarter because he makes actual adjustments. Mazzula doesn't have a clue.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I never noticed the odds for Boston (series) being down 0-3.... +660 is rather low odds for a team in this position. No NBA team has ever comeback from 0-3. And they are at +660? Wow. Seems like Miami should be -1400 or more.
    They should be -140000 in theory.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    2023 Celtics ARE NOT 2004 Red Sox

Brown and Tatum ARE NOT Schilling and Pedro.
    And the biggest difference between the two, not once did the Red Sox quit down 0-3
    Celtics folded up in a fetal position midway through the game, flopped in the sand like a flounder out of water and cried "We quit"

This is known as "Doing the flounder"

The 2004 Sox had heart, Pedro and Schilling, and the "Idiots" led by "Cowboy up" Kevin Millar, Youk, Manny, Papi, Johnny Damon...

All had heart, they were too legit to quit.

This Celtic team has no heart, and truth be told are an embarrassment,
    Professionals don't quit on a series like the Celtics did last night.

Pathetic.
    Yeah but Miami is not even good.
    They easily lose four in a row.

ChuckyTheGoat

Mac:

*Listen closely to the Gm3 Celtic postgame. Amazing:

1) Mazzulla says he didn't have the team ready. As if he was too busy watching Nickelodeon.
    2) Horford was the guy who took responsibility in the post-game.

I could actually see a scenario where the players effectively tune-out Mazzulla for Gm4 and play their own game. Horford is the godfather and maybe the de-facto coach. What if they ran a mutiny against Coach Joe?
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave ChuckyTheGoat 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68471

IMO, Any coach worth a quarter has to say that it was on "him" after that.

Kind of like a coaches last stand down 0-3.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Johnny, doesn't this mess ever get old?

You don't even believe in it, you just want the five minutes of forum fame if it were to happen.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Johnny, doesn't this mess ever get old?

You don't even believe in it, you just want the five minutes of forum fame if it were to happen.
    I have been money all playoffs and will b again here

only thing getting old is ur chuck is in love w me bit

Eddy Munny

Well maybe you should tell Chuck that. I can't always be the go-between. You love birds settle your own quarrels.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Always fade Charles Barkley and you will win money. That's all I have to say about that!

ChuckyTheGoat

Johnny, you've made me $$ this Playoffs. Your +Units total has to be pretty good.

I honestly think the Celtics have a chance. It's really about getting their heads right. Best case is that Horford rallies his teammates and sets the gameplan, forget about Mazzulla.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Always fade Charles Barkley and you will win money. That's all I have to say about that!

He has Celtics gm 3 then after they lost said they will get swept gm 4 in the post gm

great sign for Celtics

Eddy Munny

Oh boy, here we go... Chucky will say anything for a chance to clap them cheeks.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Horrible take Goatie. It took Mazzulla 2.5 games to finally double team Butler. Tendencies? Half the Miami lineup are guys that are playing because other guys got hurt. Spoelstra has won every third quarter because he makes actual adjustments. Mazzula doesn't have a clue.
    And what happened when he doubled and tripled butler? It was the biggest blowout of the series by far. You just proved my point bro. There's no x's and o's. It's within the player. Spoelstra can draw up his 3rd quarter gameplan, but if Duncan Robinson Vincent and others aren't splashing 3s from every angle, are you sitting here saying "Spoelstra is a mastermind?" No, you're not. The coach is always hailed as great when you win, always gets canned when you lose.

The Heat are winning cause the players are rallying around Jimmy Butler, not Spoelstra. That's not to say his coaches don't do a great job with development etc. That's what got them here. But what makes someone win a game is to reach deep inside themselves, want to play for their teammates, their leader, which is Butler, and want to prove themselves more than anything. They want to get paid. And that's what these guys are doing. I've played team sports since I was a kid. I played on many of my high school teams growing up. What the coach said didn't matter. If you're a real athlete, you go into a mental zone. You know that already Mac. Look how Jimmy Butler remembered that Al Horford did that timeout signal, and he was waiting to use it against him. You think Spoesltra told Jimmy to do that? No. Those are the little moments that actually motivate players, not some little inspirational Any Given Sunday speech at halftime by a coach that can't hit a jumper.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Mac:

*Listen closely to the Gm3 Celtic postgame. Amazing:

1) Mazzulla says he didn't have the team ready. As if he was too busy watching Nickelodeon.
    2) Horford was the guy who took responsibility in the post-game.

I could actually see a scenario where the players effectively tune-out Mazzulla for Gm4 and play their own game. Horford is the godfather and maybe the de-facto coach. What if they ran a mutiny against Coach Joe?
    Bro. Is Mazulla making Jalen Brown and Jason Tatum go 1-13 from 3 point land or whatever it was? 70% of those were wide open shots. Is that on the coach too? Is closing out to 3 point shooters on the coach too? Tatum has played against Miami for years, yet somehow he doesn't realize they have 3 point shooters everywhere? Is he in 3rd grade? The coach needs to literally go up to him and demand he play better defense? Does the guy want a championship or not?

I'm pretty sure Spoelstra didn't have anything to say to Lebron when they were down 3-2 against Boston when he had that 45 and 15 rebound game on the road. That was all Lebron, telling himself that his legacy was on the line. What, was that victory about coaching? It had nothing to do with it. It was the will of one man to zero in and do whatever it took to win, and then his troops followed his lead, not Spoelstra's.

Goat Milk

Lakers won the b2b titles with Bryant and Gasol because Bryant hung his USA gold medal in Pau's locker at the start of training camp. That is why they won. Because the 2nd best player on the team wanted to play harder for the best player on the team, not for Phil Jackson.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2013

JFC… Please let Heat sweep the Celtics to put some people out of their misery. 😂

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    JFC… Please let Heat sweep the Celtics to put some people out of their misery. ��
    Exactly! The Celts were a complete no-show in a "must-win" Game 3 - So now they are suddenly going to show up big in a close-out Game 4 - Doubtful at best...

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30352

I actually think th opposite

if Celtics win gm 4 public will take heat as dog to try and close out
    Well then you are wrong. If Celtics win in a blowout, people's confidence on them will return and they will be all over them to win the next game at home and probably take a shot at the series too

First 12345 ... Last