TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Tampa Bay Opens At -6 Now -3 What Happened?

Did the odds makers make a mistake? Is there a ton of money on New Orleans? Is Tom Brady now feeling the effects of the divorce or FTX? lol Injuries? Someone sitting out? What the hell is going on?

Details please.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Who is the RB for Tampa tonight? Rachaad White? I don't see any props for him.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Lost another offensive lineman (their best), Tristan Wirfs out for a month. Half the defense is hurt. Team is in shambles. We still have the Lightning

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Lost another offensive lineman (their best), Tristan Wirfs out for a month. Half the defense is hurt. Team is in shambles. We still have the Lightning
    Thanks for the report. Go Lightning!

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Did the odds makers make a mistake? Is there a ton of money on New Orleans? Is Tom Brady now feeling the effects of the divorce or FTX? lol Injuries? Someone sitting out? What the hell is going on?

Details please.
    I think the OT injury (Wirfs) is the big one.

And, of course, Bucs are struggling in a bad division.

As to why it's close to -3? Your call, I think the # is too short.

BiloxiSaintsFan
    BiloxiSaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2169

TB isn’t better than New Orleans talent wise. They’re very similar teams.

Saints just have a bottom 5 head coach. If he stays out the way they win, if he gets too involved they lose. It’s that simple with this team

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by BiloxiSaintsFan View Post
    Saints just have a bottom 5 head coach. If he stays out the way they win, if he gets too involved they lose. It’s that simple with this team
    the same for tb and bowless

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I think the OT injury (Wirfs) is the big one.

And, of course, Bucs are struggling in a bad division.

As to why it's close to -3? Your call, I think the # is too short.
    Line reminds me of Buffalo At New England. Buffalo opened at -6.... then came crashing down to Buffalo -3.5

It's a little different... Buffalo favored Away team... Tampa Bay favored Home Team. I guess we can only learn from the result tonight. Odds makers know everything.... they even know if Brady got laid last night. To me a high school defense could stop Andy Dalton... but hey... what do I know?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

New Orleans EASY

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Huge game for Tampa

Everything on the line

This is It.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Line reminds me of Buffalo At New England. Buffalo opened at -6.... then came crashing down to Buffalo -3.5

It's a little different... Buffalo favored Away team... Tampa Bay favored Home Team. I guess we can only learn from the result tonight. Odds makers know everything.... they even know if Brady got laid last night. To me a high school defense could stop Andy Dalton... but hey... what do I know?
    Ya, good stuff, Shot. My last comment:

*Oddsmakers just don't set Big Favs anymore.

I really think the oddsmaker approach has changed over the L20 years. Used to be that the oddsmaker would set the # as HIGH as they possibly could. Why not if MOST people are going to back the favorite?

Now, it's more of a balance on people seeking out value. Your mid-level bettor knows you can't lay pts indiscriminately, so they seek out more Dogs. That's my explanation for why this # is not -5.

TheMoneyShot

Ya, good stuff, Shot. My last comment:

*Oddsmakers just don't set Big Favs anymore.

I really think the oddsmaker approach has changed over the L20 years. Used to be that the oddsmaker would set the # as HIGH as they possibly could. Why not if MOST people are going to back the favorite?

Now, it's more of a balance on people seeking out value. Your mid-level bettor knows you can't lay pts indiscriminately, so they seek out more Dogs. That's my explanation for why this # is not -5.
    My initial reaction to the Tampa Bay -6 opening line was like.... a deer in headlights. Nothing made me want to jump on New Orleans +6 though. And I take underdogs frequently. I thought it was rather high. Typically high for a reason. Sure Tampa Bay could win by 1 or 2 points. It happens.

BiloxiSaintsFan
    BiloxiSaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2169

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    the same for tb and bowless
    Bowles isn’t the head coach though

Tom Brady is. He calls the shots and has since the bye week his first season with Tampa

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Used to be that the oddsmaker would set the # as HIGH as they possibly could. Why not if MOST people are going to back the favorite?

live betting change that, there are more opportunities for middling

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

...I really think the oddsmaker approach has changed over the L20 years. Used to be that the oddsmaker would set the # as HIGH as they possibly could. Why not if MOST people are going to back the favorite?...
    You're talking about shading the line, which is still done today but almost never done right at the opener to any extreme, or what I consider dirty (because it takes advantage of ingorant market participants).

This occurs more often in line movement for a number of reasons, the most basic of which I'll share.

A rising line (regardless of direction) at the right time can lead to gathering steam which leads to steam chasing, which leads to a higher handle without messing with the hold. That steam isn't always "sharp money" and the books know the type of action they are getting. It's one of many intentional manipualations and I share this one openly because I've talked about many times in the past when posting season long plays and analysis.

The video I made in the Think Tank, "Knowing Your Markets" explains lagging and leading no vig lines and how to identify them. Often this attempot to gather "steam bets" gets halted by the sharp money on the other side.

This could not happen unless the opener was intentionally off to create the action or market participants manipulate and push the line too far a certain direction.

Sometimes the bettors are in control, and sometime they just think they are as the book will step in and exhibit behaviors to influnece the bettors.

This part of the market will never, ever go away. It's the nature of the need to satisfy the public action while balancing the sharper action and plays into human behavior, which never changes.

Watch the video, if you want to learn how it's done and learn what the hold is as well.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Who is the RB for Tampa tonight? Rachaad White? I don't see any props for him.
    Fournette…..

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

oh no. crushed the bucs.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

If my aunt had Bowles she's be my uncle

oooooohhhh

Where is resident TAMPA honk fireindaholer?

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Huge game for Tampa

Everything on the line

This is It.
    This

tgo they can lose and win div but w tough gms ahead they will get this one

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Dalton 0-12 prime time

Halfapointoff
    Halfapointoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1158

What the??? You guys are weird. Holy crap. Pick a side and bet. You humans over think shit and come up with fairy tales that sound good to you. Just do this and stop thinking. Slam the over 41.5. You’re welcome. Lock of the century.

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

Quote Originally Posted by Halfapointoff View Post
    What the??? You guys are weird. Holy crap. Pick a side and bet. You humans over think shit and come up with fairy tales that sound good to you. Just do this and stop thinking. Slam the over 41.5. You’re welcome. Lock of the century.
    I’ll thank myself for only putting $140 on the over and not more

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sharps new

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Details please.
    the saints own tampa only reason they lost early in the season was all the late defensive penalties called on them... all of them were fake the refs walked Tampa down the field

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I don't see how Brady can play next year

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Johnny 2.0

stake1

Refs and nfl gave bucs the shot for the win. major no calls on the last two drives, blatant holds on almost every pass play

matt711
    matt711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2444

When’s last time you won?, Nevermind just seen South Carolina play

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

brady should retire

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    I don't see how Brady can play next year
    He could play next year if he wants as he has a great offensive line that really protects him. Brady seldomly gets hit hard or sacked.

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    He could play next year if he wants as he has a great offensive line that really protects him. Brady seldomly gets hit hard or sacked.
    and for good reason. he gets unbelievable no-calls from the refs:

Smith was holding on pretty much every pass play down the stretch. Except, of course, when Brady got rid of the ball before Smith could actually do it.

On the game-winning touchdown, Smith got away with a hold. It wasn’t obvious, but it was a hold.

During the prior drive, he got away with one of the most blatant uncalled holds you’ll ever see.

With five minutes left, and with the Bucs facing first and 10 from their own 22, Smith performed a full-blown bear hug — from behind — of Saints defensive lineman Carl Granderson. It was so blatant that it was comical. And it wasn’t called. It wasn’t even mentioned during the broadcast. (We know that the guys in the booth can only see so much. But they have other eyes watching the action. And it didn’t take more than one marginally-functional eye to see that hold.)

Halfapointoff
    Halfapointoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1158

Johnny 2.0
    If any of you all had a brain you would slam rams plus the points. They were +6.5 dogs. They will cover that. So live is even better value, but it doesn’t matter, because they will cover the 6.5. This is what I do. Don’t be a retard. Do what I say, and you will make money.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Refs and nfl gave bucs the shot for the win. major no calls on the last two drives, blatant holds on almost every pass play
    Yup. The good thing is that it sets up the easy money of the week, Purdy all day.

By the way Halfapointoff, I had Rams too.

Now on to World Cup again and more winning.

12 Last