209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

DirecTV pulling all FOX channels tonight at midnight

What a crock of sh!t

FOX remains committed to reaching a fair agreement with DIRECTV for the continued distribution of our networks. Despite our best efforts for months, we regret that DIRECTV continues to demand unprecedented special treatment that represents a wholesale change to our long-standing relationship and is out of step with marketplace terms.

As such we are compelled to alert viewers who are DIRECTV, DIRECTV Stream and U-Verse subscribers that they could lose access to their favorite FOX programming beginning at midnight, December 2, including the NFL on FOX, the Big Ten College Football Championship on FOX, the FIFA World Cup™ on FOX and FS1, FOX local news, and more.

While FOX continues to seek an agreement benefiting all parties, our priority is ensuring viewers’ ability to access all FOX Sports, FOX Entertainment and local FOX station programming.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

so annoying when you have to hear this shit. like the networks are not making enough money from commercials as it is.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 209 Life, and GunShard

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

wow a da y before usa match in world cup, fox playing hardball

at least fox news won't be affected

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Guys buying DirecTV

STREAM
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave USCPHILLYGUY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RockBottom

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If your life revolves around tv you care if not you do not care

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

2 solutions that are free

Fox sports app
    Rabbit ears

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18941

I don't know the ins and outs of this dispute but it's a good opportunity to remind members that FOX programming is currently available to everyone, World-wide, on-line...for free. (This is not the case with CBS, NBC, ESPN, etc). Set your VPN to a US location and click on the FOX website and the programming you receive matches the US IP address. Want the NFL game that's showing on FOX in Chicago? Set your VPN to Chicago and go to the website. Want a different game that's showing in Seattle? Just set your VPN to a Seattle IP address. There is a 1 hour time limit to your viewing but if you close your browser then clear both your cookies and DNS cache the clock timer will reset to 1 hour once you re-open the browser and return to the site. This is safer than using streaming sites and the time delay is greatly reduced.
    Points Awarded:

Foxx gave semibluff 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

19th Hole gave semibluff 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

As a long term DirecTV subscriber.... I hope they stand their ground and don't give into FOX. Fukk all these networks. We can start with Joe Buck taking a pay cut. Oh... and throw out Tom Brady's BS 35+ million a year deal.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11420

IPTV problem solved. Don’t have to worry about all these dumb network disputes. I get every local channel in every city and every premium cable channel out there. Can watch every sports in every country.
    Last edited by wombat; 12-01-22 at 08:37 PM.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I wonder how this will affect the deal with the NFL. Directv has exclusive rights for all NFL games with Sunday ticket. With half the games not being broadcast as per contractually obligated can a new provider swoop in and take the service

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    IPTV problem solved. Don’t have to worry about all these dumb network disputes. I get every local channel in every city and every premium cable channel out there. Can watch every sports in every country.
    iptv is great BUT

sometimes it buffers which can be annoying

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    I wonder how this will affect the deal with the NFL. Directv has exclusive rights for all NFL games with Sunday ticket. With half the games not being broadcast as per contractually obligated can a new provider swoop in and take the service
    Good point. I have no clue on that

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’ll be OK you’ll survive

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    iptv is great BUT

sometimes it buffers which can be annoying
    Get a 4K firestick and it rarely buffers. Mine runs about 98% of the time without buffering.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

That's a long since paid for contract

No impact

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

DIRECTV is like having AOL

Get with the times fellas

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Optimum here just jacked up the monthly cost on all cable sports packages.
    The golden age of TV and cable is over.

TheMoneyShot

Statement from DirecTV

We want to keep Big Ten Network, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, Fox Soccer Plus and your local Fox network in our lineup, but the station owner, FOX, controls who can receive it. We're working to quickly resolve this matter and appreciate your patience.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It’ll be OK you’ll survive
    Exactly. Anybody who hasn't cut the cable by now is an idiot.

Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

YouTube TV blood

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28986

YouTube Live tv 100x better

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    That's a long since paid for contract

No impact
    Maybe so, but if I only get half the games this Sunday, I will probably cancel my subscription. Its the only reason I have Directv. I suspect there are others out there who are in the same boat. With the subscriber base for Directv dwindling as it is, can they take the hit? I think not. I've been waiting for Directv to die already now for the last decade and hopefully this is the death nail.
    I looked into it and it happens that since I live on top of a mountain, and am situated where I am, if I invest in a higher antenna, I can actually dial in local stations from Washington, Baltimore, Philly, Harrisburg and New York. With these markets, I think I may be able to get a large portion of the games this way. I haven't done any monitoring, but at the very least, that's 20% of the overall market.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    As a long term DirecTV subscriber.... I hope they stand their ground and don't give into FOX. Fukk all these networks. We can start with Joe Buck taking a pay cut. Oh... and throw out Tom Brady's BS 35+ million a year deal.
    agreed about brady's deal. that is absurd.

stevenash

Joe Buck is a hack.
    He's lucky his old man Jack was an all time great and the Buck family has major pull in the Midwest and connections with Anheuser-Busch or else Joe would be a pencil pushing middle manager in some warehouse in Bumfuck Missouri.

TheMoneyShot

Maybe so, but if I only get half the games this Sunday, I will probably cancel my subscription. Its the only reason I have Directv. I suspect there are others out there who are in the same boat. With the subscriber base for Directv dwindling as it is, can they take the hit? I think not. I've been waiting for Directv to die already now for the last decade and hopefully this is the death nail.
    I looked into it and it happens that since I live on top of a mountain, and am situated where I am, if I invest in a higher antenna, I can actually dial in local stations from Washington, Baltimore, Philly, Harrisburg and New York. With these markets, I think I may be able to get a large portion of the games this way. I haven't done any monitoring, but at the very least, that's 20% of the overall market.
    I looked into the antenna thing back last Summer. I couldn't get DirecTV to budge on a discounted price. But they finally did budge... several phone calls. The last 7 years with DirecTV they have discounted the price at 50% off. Plus I get Free Sunday Ticket... and so far Free HBO Max. I'm not sold on the IPTV.... too much buffering and a lot of other BS. DirecTV has an amazing picture. I don't think IPTV is full HD and dolby digital audio.

Back to the Antenna situation... there's many videos on youtube how to do this. You can actually take a coax cable... slice all the rubber parts from the copper wire... and use that as an antenna. Once just the copper part is exposed... and you hang it approx 8ft in the air outside... you should see how many channels you get. I'm in Detroit... I get about 38 channels.

Everyone says GO TO IPTV! It's the best thing ever! Well... NOT SO FAST!! lol Calculate in your head... what is your price on TV? What do you want??? And the value? I'm paying $58.56 a month. Sunday Ticket Free. HBO Max Free. I don't pay a Bally's Sports Regional Fee. I have like 32 channels extra for Free that shouldn't even be in my package. Always negotiate with DirecTV in late June or early July. They can turn on ANY CHANNEL for you that's not in your package.

stevenash

^
    You still with Direct TMS?

I own my condo outright but the condo association has a strict no antenna rule.
    And yes, all the content carriers are standing up to the networks, Optimum, Frontier, Cox, almost every one of them.
    Problem is the cable companies are pulling those stations, and not filling the void, so the consumer is paying the same or more for less.

My condo is all wired up, it's not as easy as one thinks to just 'cut the cord'

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

so subscribers miss usc vs Utah tonite and MI vs Purdue tomorrow. Great start to the weekend

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

have they said anything about that yet? I would think with the enormous rights fees directv pays the nfl, they would air those games as part of that package and view it separate from Fox

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I guess an agreement was reached? FOX and FS1 all good here.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    You still with Direct TMS?

I own my condo outright but the condo association has a strict no antenna rule.
    And yes, all the content carriers are standing up to the networks, Optimum, Frontier, Cox, almost every one of them.
    Problem is the cable companies are pulling those stations, and not filling the void, so the consumer is paying the same or more for less.

My condo is all wired up, it's not as easy as one thinks to just 'cut the cord'
    Yes, I'm still with DirecTV. I had a few backup plans... if DirecTV wasn't going to budge... I was going to try YouTube TV. They had a special on their highest package... I think it was $59.99 for their highest tier. Retail price was $69.99

Are you allowed satellite TV?

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I guess an agreement was reached? FOX and FS1 all good here.
    Not so sure yet? On a couple DirecTV channels 219-1 and channel 2-9 they are warning customers that FOX controls who receives the programming. I would imagine if a deal was reached... DirecTV would pull that message.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    so subscribers miss usc vs Utah tonite and MI vs Purdue tomorrow. Great start to the weekend
    I already have the backup TV and antenna ready. lol just in case. I feel like this is some 1970's sh## lol odd

stevenash

Are you allowed satellite TV?
    No.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    No.
    Sorry to hear that. It sucks that you always have to factor in internet price/speed when you purchase something like YouTube TV. In Detroit they have been running specials with Xfinity and WOW... $29.99 a month internet speed for 1 year. Hopefully you have a provider you can switch to.... and hopefully lower your bill.

12 Last