GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Fields is a NFL bust but the Bears defense and runningbacks are carrying the team.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Fields is a NFL bust but the Bears defense and runningbacks are carrying the team.
    I take it you didn't watch the game today?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Fields was not bad at all today. He does special things. He's young and learning. Give him a chance. The jury is still out. He can still be special, especially if the Bears can ever get him some help.
    They've been saying the lions are "young and learning" for 60 years.

"Let's develop him."

3 years later after said development, he's gone in free agency.

I think Fields can be solid, but you don't get to develop forever. By this point in his career, he should be better than this.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    They've been saying the lions are "young and learning" for 60 years.

"Let's develop him."

3 years later after said development, he's gone in free agency.

I think Fields can be solid, but you don't get to develop forever. By this point in his career, he should be better than this.
    He's basically now had one season. Good look back at Josh Allen early on. Terrible first season and started bad early the 2nd season. Then it turned. And many others. Lets see if perhaps this week was a turning point at all. He has enough talent to have a very long leash.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

he needs to beat the commanders on a short week at home

comet52
    comet52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 850

Yesterday was an aberration. The Vikings have been giving shitty Bears quarterbacks their moment in the sun for decades. Fields will revert to looking like hot garbage now.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Another stellar performance by Justin Fields

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I thought Fields looked great. His Oline, RBs and receivers are all garbage. He tried all he could but he has ZERO playmakers. If those receivers would have caught the last 2 balls that were both catchable, the Bears would have won the game. How the fukk does the Bears keep drafting defense, year after year? They drafted 2 CBs in round 1 and 2. That's stupid. Get the man some help.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I thought Fields looked great. His Oline, RBs and receivers are all garbage. He tried all he could but he has ZERO playmakers. If those receivers would have caught the last 2 balls that were both catchable, the Bears would have won the game. How the fukk does the Bears keep drafting defense, year after year? They drafted 2 CBs in round 1 and 2. That's stupid. Get the man some help.
    Idk man. Only watched a piece of it, but he missed a wide open 10 yard TD to the right flat 2Q (or 3Q?) that 80% of SBR could've made.

He's God awful

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Fields is trash, but the entire bears organization is worse

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

did not fields come from ohio state.kirk herbstreet on thursday said his decision making in the pocket is bad at times.remember bears drafted triotsky.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Fields biggest issue is he literally looks to his first read and then wants to run or panic. Bears need to roll him out on playaction as well where his height and throwing angle isn’t affected because in the pocket it’s a struggle for him to throw over lineman.
    I think the problems are fixable but in the nfl we have the same idiot coaches recycled throughout the league that most don’t want to adjust their own styles so he will probably fail because of it
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave goduke 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Most viewers are football clueless and shortsighted. Fields is a massive talent. With development, the right coaching, and the right team around him, he is a unique elite talent. No, he's not close to a finished product.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave d2bets 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Fields biggest issue is he literally looks to his first read and then wants to run or panic. Bears need to roll him out on playaction as well where his height and throwing angle isn’t affected because in the pocket it’s a struggle for him to throw over lineman.
    I think the problems are fixable but in the nfl we have the same idiot coaches recycled throughout the league that most don’t want to adjust their own styles so he will probably fail because of it
    He's 6'3. I don't think that's really an issue. It's an issue that that his current center is a midget and wouldn't even be good enough to start for a decent college team, and consequently he has no space in the pocket. Bears need Lucas Patrick healthy and at center, and see if Leatherwood can succeed on a new team. The current OLine can't pass block whatsoever.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Idk man. Only watched a piece of it, but he missed a wide open 10 yard TD to the right flat 2Q (or 3Q?) that 80% of SBR could've made.
    He's God awful
    To the TE?? The TE was supposed to keep going, he cut off his route. He should have easily ran that ball down. Of course the announcers blamed Fields but that was on the TE. Those receivers are horrible. Zero separation and even when Fields get them the ball, they can't catch. The last 2 passes should have been TDs. He's young, you don't expect him to be Aaron Rodgers but that offense does not accentuate Fields strengths. And the Bears refuse to draft for offense. It's ridiculous. The game has changed and it's passed the Bears by.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Fields is almost shell shocked at this point because his Oline is a swinging gate. He has to run after the first read, else he ends up in the hospital. I agree, they need to roll him out more, give him more time to pass. But even then those receivers are bad. They're not winning many battles down field. I feel bad for the kid and I'm no way a Bears fan.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Well, as you can see he's obviously no Tom Brady...

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Most viewers are football clueless and shortsighted. Fields is a massive talent. With development, the right coaching, and the right team around him, he is a unique elite talent. No, he's not close to a finished product.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Blocked it from display on this website?

Fawk You NFL.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They would of scored more if they let him run

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Excuses excuses….with the right coaching and talent around both me and you, we could be stars. He will never be worth a shit in the NFL. I know you are a homer so I will let it slide.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Excuses excuses….with the right coaching and talent around both me and you, we could be stars. He will never be worth a shit in the NFL. I know you are a homer so I will let it slide.
    Practically every Bears fan has given up on Fields. Most Bears fans are football stupid.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The problem is he can’t pass there’s only been one Michael Vick and Lamar Jackson in the last 25 years and you won’t see it again for another 25 years

Everyone’s chasing that you need the big, tall quarterback that’s really smart and drops back with quick feet

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Maybe but he won't get any of that in Chicago.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Maybe but he won't get any of that in Chicago.
    Maybe. He hasn't yet, that's for sure. Although Bears have double the cap space as any other team. We'll see what they do with it and draft picks.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

I’ve heard Fields was a massive talent since he was at UGA and couldn’t beat out Jake Fromm. Ohio State got him in to the nfl but a mobile QB has to be able to pass and read a defense every once in a while. Dude has zero touch.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I'll be on Minnesota ML with zero concern
    lol typical brock square play

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Whoever thought Fields would even be Top 15 QB has a screw loose. Ohio State is LOADED at every position. It would make decision making easy for a QB. He wasn't ever TESTED.

What I don't understand in last night's game.... the play in which he scrambled for 30+ yards or whatever... when they got down at the 5 yard line... 1st and Goal. Why didn't he try and scramble one more time?? Or any run plays?? I get it... you want to save time on the clock... but man... there was like 51 seconds left... you could of at least ran once... maybe twice?? Guy picks up 30+ yards on a scramble... but they don't have a set play for him 1st and goal?? Blame the coaching staff on that... Chicago was too predictable.

I also think Fields needs to shut up with his comments. The reason is him. A QB can't whine and complain... work with what you have... and BE BETTER! This isn't Ohio State against Hawaii anymore pal.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    lol typical brock square play
    Oh, did I win?

Shut your fuckin hole

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 860

Doesn’t matter. The Chicago Bears are one of the many piece of trash organizations in the NFL. They should all go tour the south side and get caught in a shooting.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

He had a wide open tight end in the end zone, easiest throw, a hs qb can make that throw, and he missed it. Why do you need to "develop" to make that throw? This isn't college football. These guys are paid millions. You either make the throw or you don't. From being a lions fan, I know about excuses. Every year I hear fans say "if this and if that." You either win, or you don't. It's simple as that. You don't get excuses and "time to develop." I'm not going to hold your hand. This is what adulhood looks like. If you want the job, go out there and prove you are the right person for it. That doesn't just go for football. That goes for life.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Whoever thought Fields would even be Top 15 QB has a screw loose. Ohio State is LOADED at every position. It would make decision making easy for a QB. He wasn't ever TESTED.

What I don't understand in last night's game.... the play in which he scrambled for 30+ yards or whatever... when they got down at the 5 yard line... 1st and Goal. Why didn't he try and scramble one more time?? Or any run plays?? I get it... you want to save time on the clock... but man... there was like 51 seconds left... you could of at least ran once... maybe twice?? Guy picks up 30+ yards on a scramble... but they don't have a set play for him 1st and goal?? Blame the coaching staff on that... Chicago was too predictable.

I also think Fields needs to shut up with his comments. The reason is him. A QB can't whine and complain... work with what you have... and BE BETTER! This isn't Ohio State against Hawaii anymore pal.
    Going to disagree in a major way. Unless the Bears do him dirty (possible), he'll be a top 5 QB within 2-3 seasons. This man is special. Near Lamar athleticism with a better arm. I think he's sharper too, which will show over time. Question is whether Chicago will ever put a team around him like Lamar has always had.

Meatheads that don't know how to watch a game think otherwise. No way Wilson or Lance should have gone ahead of him. And I'd take him over Lawrence too, although I think he can be good also.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Weird, but not really worried about whether a QB is an effective tackler.

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

What in the fook are you doing in HERE? A logical, clear thinking and insightful person? How in the hell did ya end up in here? Return to your planet. This one sucks!

Going to disagree in a major way. Unless the Bears do him dirty (possible), he'll be a top 5 QB within 2-3 seasons. This man is special. Near Lamar athleticism with a better arm. I think he's sharper too, which will show over time. Question is whether Chicago will ever put a team around him like Lamar has always had.

Meatheads that don't know how to watch a game think otherwise. No way Wilson or Lance should have gone ahead of him. And I'd take him over Lawrence too, although I think he can be good also.

First 1234 Last