louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

TV ratings for NHRA & PBR

I would love to know the nielson ratings for some of these sporting events that my local NBC affiliate airs.

There can't be that many people in my area that would choose to watch NHRA or PBR vs any college or pro football or basketball.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers are higher for people who tune in to watch NHRA or PBR vs when the local NBC airs EPL.

Obviously the tv contracts to air NHRA or PBR are piddly compared to college and pro football or basketball.

I just still don't see how the viewers are there to be able to request any decent ad space.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

NHRA mostly campers

I’m about 7 minutes or less from Indy Nationals

It’s wild there

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

https://www.nhra.com/news/2022/nhra-...lley-nationals

The NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series broadcast on the FOX network yielded impressive results on Sunday, as nearly 900,000 viewers tuned in for NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals eliminations at Bristol Dragway.

FOX’s NHRA coverage of eliminations in Bristol registered 897,000 viewers on Sunday afternoon, which is an 18% improvement over last year’s June average for two NHRA races on FOX (761,000 viewers). The Father’s Day broadcast also peaked with 992,000 viewers.

The combined weekend audience of original airings for qualifying and eliminations action during the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals on FOX and FOX Sports 1 (FS1) totaled more than 1.3 million viewers as the 2022 season nears the halfway mark.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They pay networks
    Good cash

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

What about horse racing on fs1 and 2 the ratings have to be really super low

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    https://www.nhra.com/news/2022/nhra-...lley-nationals

The NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series broadcast on the FOX network yielded impressive results on Sunday, as nearly 900,000 viewers tuned in for NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals eliminations at Bristol Dragway.

FOX’s NHRA coverage of eliminations in Bristol registered 897,000 viewers on Sunday afternoon, which is an 18% improvement over last year’s June average for two NHRA races on FOX (761,000 viewers). The Father’s Day broadcast also peaked with 992,000 viewers.

The combined weekend audience of original airings for qualifying and eliminations action during the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals on FOX and FOX Sports 1 (FS1) totaled more than 1.3 million viewers as the 2022 season nears the halfway mark.
    I can see rating spike for certain nationals or grand nationals, or semis or something like that.

But that is across the whole Country. In my area I'd guess maybe a couple thousand might tune in to watch some big event in drag racing or bull riding - but i'd guess that even lower ranked college matchups on espn3, espn news, espn+, FS1, FoxSports-Ohio, FoxSports-South, etc. would get a larger audience than any of these more niche type sports, even if they are airing on one of the main 4 national over-the-air channels.

Whenever i glance at the tv guide and see things like drag racing, bull riding, superbike racing, arenacross, tractor pull, rally car or truck racing, and any other lesser tier racing other than NASCAR or Indy - and there is a pro or college football or basketball game on the other over-the-air channels - i'm like "there can't be hardly anyone in this area watching IMSA racing.."

I'm sure certain pockets of the Country have more fans for these sports and maybe a decent amount tune in - but in the Louisville area, i'd be highly surprised.