Gamblinglover
    Gamblinglover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Tony gonsolin had an incredible start but since the all star break he gave up 4 to the nationals at home in 5 innings. Then he went 5 in Colorado and gave up 3....not the greatest of starts for an all star type player with a sub 2 Era. He bounced back vs the Padres going 5 scoreless however I will say that Padres game he did good in was not a real indication of a great game because Padres got blasted giving up 4 in the 1st and another 4 in the 3rd. So basically he was pitching with a big lead and then had the game pretty much won at the end of the 3rd inning once it was 8-0.

For kc royals the starter is a pretty typical young prospect he's had good games and bad games. Vs the better hitting teams in this case toronto he's got hit hard in 2 recent starts vs them.

My feeling on this game is this....to the dodgers it's just another road game vs a bad team. Gonsolin has shown to be vulnerable to even the worst team (nats) in the league since all star break. For lynch (kc) it's probably the biggest game of his young career. At home the team coming off a win....now its a series opener again the DODGERS who are the best team in baseball. There's no doubt he's pumped for this game. I think he might do ok actually with the potential for a great game. And getting over 2-1 we don't need to be right too often.

Anyone see value here or kinda understand my reasoning?

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 235

Taking dodgers now at all is square

Gamblinglover

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    What about yankees would you say they are worth a bet now given the slumping? I think they're worth a shot tonight vs boston but I'm not betting it yet

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

my yankees need a winning streak. maybe playing a rival in boston will get them straight. i don't like german though.

Gamblinglover

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    my yankees need a winning streak. maybe playing a rival in boston will get them straight. i don't like german though.
    Yeah but thats probably why we're getting a chance to take em at almost even money. For some reason I think it's worth riding with german and the Yankees bats vs n.eovaldi

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

My response at 0:07

Gamblinglover

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post

They don't win or there is no value? The question isn't who the better team is, that's too easy. The question is: is kc worth a shot at the odds given and I think they are.

Also kc is coming off a win vs that cease dude who's numbers are amazing. Grienke.just happened to pitch just as well and gave up nothing and cease gave up 1. Lynch probably watched grienke have a really good game if I were him I'd want to emulate such an outing and follow it up with another good game...and as I said tony gonsolin since the all star break has proved to be an average pitcher. Which leads me to believe a guy who's an allstar who's kinda struggled under the radar on the best and hottest team in baseball, just screams value. The typical bettor will just be betting the dodgers or laying the rl not even thinking looking into or considering the otherside or all the angles.
    Last edited by Gamblinglover; 08-12-22 at 03:52 PM.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinglover View Post
    What about yankees would you say they are worth a bet now given the slumping? I think they're worth a shot tonight vs boston but I'm not betting it yet
    I would avoid yanks mets and dodgers

gonna b overpriced every night now

Gamblinglover

I would avoid yanks mets and dodgers

gonna b overpriced every night now
    Mets and phillies are a tough game part me can't see sherzer not delivering in a big rivalry match. Other part of me says phillies are capable of an upset. Think I'll stay away

Gamblinglover

Well lynch had what I think was the best game of his young career I don't think he's ever gone 6 or 7 scoreless before. I may have underestimated gonsolin. Not sure what happened but I'm assuming this game came down to the bullpens once again (which I can't name a player on any teams bullpen)

One thing is for certain. I'm not sure why lad are the same price today as yesterday. For example gonsolin is an an all star and was -270. Andrew heaney who hasn't even pitched a lot and over his career had shown to be an average or below average pitcher is rockin that same price which really tells me the books are getting away with robbery.

How can Andrew heaney be -270 who rocks like 4.6 Era and hasn't pitched a lot this year and gonsolin who's an all star with 2.3 Era also be -270? It's one thing to bet the hot team....it's another thing to betting an all star and then a bum at the same prices.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

yankees are in deep shit. i would fade daily.

boone feeling pressure. not hitting. stanton still hurt. 2 weeks becoming over a month for his injury. holmes no sure thing as a closer anymore.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    yankees are in deep shit. i would fade daily.

boone feeling pressure. not hitting. stanton still hurt. 2 weeks becoming over a month for his injury. holmes no sure thing as a closer anymore.
    To make thing worse Montgomery has pitched two gems for the cards so far

like y did they trade him lol

illyTheKid
    illyTheKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Logging on for the first time in years to laugh at this ridiculous comment. You guys on this site are hilarious. SQUARE THIS and SHARP THAT. Lolllllll

Gamblinglover

Quote Originally Posted by illyTheKid View Post
    Logging on for the first time in years to laugh at this ridiculous comment. You guys on this site are hilarious. SQUARE THIS and SHARP THAT. Lolllllll
    He is right though. Dodgers all star ace was -270 last night. Now they have a bum pitching and he's -290.

Which means your risking more to win less on a worse pitcher

illyTheKid
    illyTheKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinglover View Post
    He is right though. Dodgers all star ace was -270 last night. Now they have a bum pitching and he's -290.

Which means your risking more to win less on a worse pitcher
    I’ve been making a killing just parlaying dodgers with overs or taking them live. I’m ok being a square with money.

And I know parlays are dumb but it’s working on this dodgers run

I’m also a season ticket holder so it adds entertainment value for me

Gamblinglover

Quote Originally Posted by illyTheKid View Post
    I’ve been making a killing just parlaying dodgers with overs or taking them live. I’m ok being a square with money.

And I know parlays are dumb but it’s working on this dodgers run

I’m also a season ticket holder so it adds entertainment value for me
    I haven't been following or betting any sports and baseball all season or like ever in fact when I made this thread I wasn't even aware dodgers won 10 in a row....I was checking to see if there was value or not.

And you are right, the number doesn't really matter when they win every game and cover the rl