Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Sbr 4 life!

Dearest SBR Fam,
    You guys might remember me from such iconic sbr posts as "2013 SBR NCAA Champion of the World" or "Jay Vegas Groupie Registration" or "How do I get Jerry Glanville to stop drunk dialing me?"

With that said, why are the new owners given so much cr*p on here? They seem to be doing everything in their power to get this place back on top. I for one really appreciate this place and their effort. Instead of complaining, why don't you ask "how can I help?" There are alot of great people who post here. Negative energy will do nothing for you. I love you SBR.

sBr 4 Life!

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Maybe if there was some communication of a path forward it would be easier to support.

Instead it’s silence from ownership day in and day out. All you have are the moderators (which are great) trying to cover/make excuses for the ownership.

I’m ok with SBR being less than what it once was…but all I ask is let me know what to expect.

Perfect example is poker….Shari said on 5/4 that it may have a chance to come back. Since then it’s been dead silence for over 3 months.

So things like that have me expecting pretty much nothing from this site.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Welcome aboard sledgehammer

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Maybe if there was some communication of a path forward it would be easier to support.

Instead it’s silence from ownership day in and day out. All you have are the moderators (which are great) trying to cover/make excuses for the ownership.

I’m ok with SBR being less than what it once was…but all I ask is let me know what to expect.

Perfect example is poker….Shari said on 5/4 that it may have a chance to come back. Since then it’s been dead silence for over 3 months.

So things like that have me expecting pretty much nothing from this site.
    I tell you guys what I'm told. That's all I can do. With that said I do think there's a chance it's coming back but what the timeline would look like... no clue.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

when you are SBR, you are SBR 4 Life

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 326

Being loyal will burn you. I recently was burned by someone who I thought was my friend. I hope sbr makes a good comeback though
    Last edited by Otters27; 08-08-22 at 07:51 AM.

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Being loyal will burn you. I recently was burned by someone who I thought was my friend. I hope she makes a good comeback though
    i hear ya otter.

i thought people were my friend and then when my Dad passed I got crickets. people will always disappoint.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Dearest SBR Fam,
    You guys might remember me from such iconic sbr posts as "2013 SBR NCAA Champion of the World" or "Jay Vegas Groupie Registration" or "How do I get Jerry Glanville to stop drunk dialing me?"

With that said, why are the new owners given so much cr*p on here? They seem to be doing everything in their power to get this place back on top. I for one really appreciate this place and their effort. Instead of complaining, why don't you ask "how can I help?" There are alot of great people who post here. Negative energy will do nothing for you. I love you SBR.

sBr 4 Life!
    Never heard of ya pal.
    Points Awarded:

pablo222 gave juicername 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Also, "They seem to be doing everything in their power to get this place back on top."

What in the world have they done to give you that impression?

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I tell you guys what I'm told. That's all I can do. With that said I do think there's a chance it's coming back but what the timeline would look like... no clue.
    Shari…I wasn’t taking a jab at you as you reported the information you had (which we greatly appreciate).

The jab was for the people above you, as it’s been 3 months and they haven’t given any further information.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Shari…I wasn’t taking a jab at you as you reported the information you had (which we greatly appreciate).

The jab was for the people above you, as it’s been 3 months and they haven’t given any further information.
    No no, I know and I appreciate that

pologq

is the original post meant to be sarcasm? if so, then it is a good one.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Being loyal will burn you. I recently was burned by someone who I thought was my friend. I hope sbr makes a good comeback though
    Sorry about that but I never said we were friends.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    i hear ya otter.

i thought people were my friend and then when my Dad passed I got crickets. people will always disappoint.
    That’s brutal man. We thought you left because of JJs thread ripping on people with tattoos. My condolences on your loss, I lost my pops when I was 21.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47610

Sorry to hear that, I've learned that lesson in the past as well.

It's best to make a policy not to loan anyone money. If you want to give a gift to someone and not expect anything back is the better way to go(if you want to help someone out).

Sledge187

when you are SBR, you are SBR 4 Life
    Points Awarded:

pologq gave Sledge187 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16666

Hopefully changes soon.

Sledge187

i hear ya otter.

I lost both of my in-laws over a 13 month period and then shortly after lost my Mom this past December. My wife and I have been together since high school. Her parents were like my own to me. Losing my Mom hurt but I didn't really feel that pain until randomly driving a few weeks back and it all hit me at once. Life is short, make the people around you better and lead by example. I kind of like you more than a friend now. Let's collect baseball cards together real soon.
    Points Awarded:

pologq gave Sledge187 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Welcome aboard sledgehammer
    SBR Forum Starring Jay Vegas and JJ Gold and now featuring Sledge187. I'm very loyal Gold. I've had the same wife since high school, my kids went to the same schools growing up, I've always lived in H-Town, I've always had the same siblings and I have a weird Twitter relationship with former UFC fighter Chael Sonnen.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

I lost both of my in-laws over a 13 month period and then shortly after lost my Mom this past December. My wife and I have been together since high school. Her parents were like my own to me. Losing my Mom hurt but I didn't really feel that pain until randomly driving a few weeks back and it all hit me at once. Life is short, make the people around you better and lead by example. I kind of like you more than a friend now. Let's collect baseball cards together real soon.
    Both of you are tremendously blessed having parents as adults that you genuinely loved and having a woman that you basically known for your whole life are gifts.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Orbison

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Sledge how hammered were you when you created this thread?

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Some have said posting at SBR should be #1 priority in life, ahead of family, work, faith and anything else.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

I sent my resume in. No response

sbr needs a video guy on the payroll

theboss4018
    theboss4018's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4726

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    😂….

Sledge187

Sadly, I hardly drink anymore. I use to drink every weekend but got tired of waking up and feeling terrible the next day. However, taking magnesium supplements shortly before bed is something unique. Its like being on adderall but none of the bad side effects. I love you.
    Points Awarded:

Ebumdude gave Sledge187 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave stake1 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KiDBaZkiT gave stake1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pologq gave stake1 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Does anyone have an SBR tattoo? I remember a poster once saying they were going to get a tattoo of Shannon’s big head and silver hair. With the Bull. It was an odd thing to hear. Shannon had the biggest ego problem out of all SBR staff. A real prick

pologq

That’s brutal man. We thought you left because of JJs thread ripping on people with tattoos. My condolences on your loss, I lost my pops when I was 21.
    thank you sir. worst time of my life.

Condolences for your loss as well at that time and living thru it.

pologq

so true about the pain hitting after. funny how i feel worse now than i did when it happened and even then i felt bad. sorry for your losses as well.

funny you say about cards. i recently bought a mackinnon rookie with his signature. i did it before they won the cup.

Sledge187

so true about the pain hitting after. funny how i feel worse now than i did when it happened and even then i felt bad. sorry for your losses as well.

funny you say about cards. i recently bought a mackinnon rookie with his signature. i did it before they won the cup.
    I just recently got back into baseball, football, basketball, UFC, Soccer and Hockey cards. This is even after we discovered my old 89,90 & 91 card sets from back in the day are worthless because of the "Junk Wax Era" . I had no idea that term existed until about a year a go. I always thought my cards were going to be worth some money but to find out that almost all of them are worthless . My wife and kids have been making fun of me ever since . I'm hoping the cards I got now will change that. It's a really confusing time to be into it now . There are a million variations and really cool collectible sets. The quality and the card types are just amazing. I'm starting to understand it a little better each day but it's tough bc things keep changing set to set to keep you on your toes.

pologq

same sledge. i thought i had good cards from the 90's when i was an early teen and teen. you find out they made so many cards that the value is minimal on 95% of them that it got me sick. i just feel like i wasted time and money.

i bought a few tatis and soto cards two years ago. we can see how good the tatis investment is now.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Dearest SBR Fam,

sBr 4 Life!
    Never heard of ya

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Yeah... it's hard to get pumped up... GO ALL IN.... or get ready to abandoned ship. Everyone experiences these emotional changes daily... we don't know what the hell to expect. It's a little bit of everything.

You can't be SBR 4 LIFE if the owner pulls the plug.

How many business deals happened in the USA when the original business owner was going FULL THROTTLE... an outsider was looking in... underestimated quite a few things... but was GUNG-HO about acquiring the business.... got involved/purchased the assets... and made it worse than what it was? Numerous. And lost everything. It happens.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Yeah... it's hard to get pumped up... GO ALL IN.... or get ready to abandoned ship. Everyone experiences these emotional changes daily... we don't know what the hell to expect. It's a little bit of everything.

You can't be SBR 4 LIFE if the owner pulls the plug.

How many business deals happened in the USA when the original business owner was going FULL THROTTLE... an outsider was looking in... underestimated quite a few things... but was GUNG-HO about acquiring the business.... got involved/purchased the assets... and made it worse than what it was? Numerous. And lost everything. It happens.
    Great post, the writing is on the wall for sure.