OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

49ers 'have moved on to Trey [Lance]

Julio Jones lands with Bucs

The biggest news coming out of 49ers camp Tuesday revolves around the future of two of their young stars. Dynamic wideout Deebo Samuel reported for the first day of practice and won't hold out after his tumultuous offseason. As for quarterback Trey Lance, 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said the team "have moved on to Trey" following a conversation with himself, general manager John Lynch and quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. San Francisco gave Garoppolo permission to find a trade partner.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Garapolo, super bowl and NFC championship game.

But, hell with it, let's go with the guy who hasn't shown shit

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Neeners could implode this year. Deebo never got paid and is sick of playing RB. Could see sideline blowup on 1st running play he gets. Neener fan I know says he expects 12 wins WTF Lance has played 2 or 3 games. That's alot to ask especially if you don't even know what he's made of yet.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26307

It will be interesting to see Trey Lance running for his life on almost every down.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

yep idiotic

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

I think ultimately they thought they got there mostly because of their D and maybe that they could have won the SB with a better QB, Jimmy G didn't have a great showing in big games at all

Arguably not a totally fair assessment, but the guy is 30 years old already now and has just 2 notably good full seasons to show for it

I'm not saying Trey Lance is the answer at all, and I think Jimmy G is a very solid QB. But I can understand them deciding he can't take them to the next level, especially for his price tag

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    I think ultimately they thought they got there mostly because of their D and maybe that they could have won the SB with a better QB, Jimmy G didn't have a great showing in big games at all

Arguably not a totally fair assessment, but the guy is 30 years old already now and has just 2 notably good full seasons to show for it

I'm not saying Trey Lance is the answer at all, and I think Jimmy G is a very solid QB. But I can understand them deciding he can't take them to the next level, especially for his price tag
    makes sense.....

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i think they just want to see what they have at this point knowing Jimmy G will not take them over the hump. they need to know if Lance is an answer or just a waste.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Jimmy too white

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

This is what the niners do. That ownership is trash. The minute that they get good they start sabotaging the team. They did this exact same model with Harbaugh except he didn’t want to do it so they got rid of him. Shanahan is a yes man so he just bends over and takes it

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

Foolish to get rid of Jimmy G, under 10 wins is looking inviting.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33438

This has been in the works ever since the 49ers traded up to draft Lance.

If Jimmy G goes to Miami (and stays healthy) the AFC East is going to look a lot different.

OldBill

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Jimmy too white
    stop it really how many black QB's won a superbowl...... only 1 i know who replaced injured starter for redskins and they fawking kicked him to the curb next year!

even the best lost Look at Eagles super Black QB DOnavan mic naab highest completion rate of all eagles qb's etc.. etc..

YES there bad white QB's too but look at the champions Brady , Falco, Rodgers, Warner, Big Ben, oooooo excuse me one black QB Russel wilson but not fully black has white parent or someone.

and last years winner Matt Stafford.

OldBill

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

If Jimmy G goes to Miami (and stays healthy) the AFC East is going to look a lot different.
    i think jimmy get signed quickly he is a good qb differnt HC produce more results

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    YES there bad white QB's too but look at the champions Falco,.
    Carmela Soprano won it all?????

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

common patriots pick up Jimmy G and get this under inflated ball rolling again

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

49ers straight lotto and include browns in that category.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Yeah, I mean the only surprising thing is it didn't happen sooner last season. You don't trade up and take a QB at #2 and then sit him for 2 seasons. I'm going to guess that has never ever happened.
    Last edited by d2bets; 07-28-22 at 12:17 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    common patriots pick up Jimmy G and get this under inflated ball rolling again
    No way. They're committed to Mac.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

From what I've seen, and this is comparing apples to apples, Jordan Love is better than Lance. Not that that is saying much.

But it puts into context exactly how silly the modern NFL can be, especially with these very limited (early career) black QB option types. Let's see Lance prove me wrong --- I doubt it.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

now SF will collapse back to the cellar

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

If Jimmy G had any deep ball accuracy he'd be a 2 time super bowl champion, even with his notorious inability to stay healthy.

The Niners are fooling themselves if they think anybody is going to trade for him. Even if a team loses their starting QB, that doesn't change the fact that Jimmy isn't worth $26 million, let alone the draft pick you'd have to trade for him. Nobody thinks the Niners are going to eat his contract to keep him on the roster, either.

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Last year when Lance got in ball games it looked like his heart rate was around 150. He was throwing as hard as he could, game
    was too fast.

Can that improve in 12 months. Hmmm. not sure.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Foolish to get rid of Jimmy G, under 10 wins is looking inviting.
    Agreed

OldBill

ok jimmy G wasnt the champion type QB but i'd take him in heart beat over the dopes we have today that completely lose games by themselves

the 49ers last year got in as wc but unforunatly played last reg season game on the road this forced them to play on the road 3 more times and thats why rams but blown cover -4 fav win by 3

OldBill

rumours say dark horse would be dallas SORRY NMFW thats prescotts team jimmy is proven starter so many teams can take him in and dump thier current starter
    not in any order of importance
    #1 in my opinion is Dolphins #2 Browns... #3 Steelers #4 Seahawks #5 cardinals # 6 ravens #7 Bears

PUT him on a team that can protect him and use strong ground game with good defense

they get over the hump even the raiders would benefit Carr cant do shit

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

49ers should use Jimmy G as a backup if Trey Lance gets injured.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

rumours say dark horse would be dallas SORRY NMFW thats prescotts team jimmy is proven starter so many teams can take him in and dump thier current starter
    not in any order of importance
    #1 in my opinion is Dolphins #2 Browns... #3 Steelers #4 Seahawks #5 cardinals # 6 ravens #7 Bears

PUT him on a team that can protect him and use strong ground game with good defense

All you do is bash Raiders, You don't know shit

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That was the dumbest move San Francisco made Jimmy G is the best chance to win Super Bowls he’s proven it already

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    If Jimmy G had any deep ball accuracy he'd be a 2 time super bowl champion, even with his notorious inability to stay healthy.

The Niners are fooling themselves if they think anybody is going to trade for him. Even if a team loses their starting QB, that doesn't change the fact that Jimmy isn't worth $26 million, let alone the draft pick you'd have to trade for him. Nobody thinks the Niners are going to eat his contract to keep him on the roster, either.
    Ask yourself this, why is dumbfukk Shanahan throwing deep with a ten point lead in the second half of a Super Bowl when he has a great defense and running game?

Why is he having Matt Ryan drop back to pass when he has a massive lead in the SB and is in FG range and a sack can potentially take them out of FG range which is exactly what happened. Shanahan great play designer, not great game manager.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

What a dumb post. Carr is easily a top 10 QB and took that team to the post season despite more turmoil on and off the field THAN ANY QB has ever dealt with. He not only took them to the post season with all the bullshit they dealt with last year but also in a good division as well.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 209 Life

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

here is easy money gents.the books have the 49r reg. season win total at 9.5. they will win 11 or 12 games and the nfc west title.i bet them to win super bowl at 18-1.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Spot on. Yes, Dan Quinn is a flipping idiot who botched that game as the head coach. But where was the OC to help him? Instead, he was calling plays like it was the first quarter.

Plus, up 16, 3rd and 1, he drops him back to pass and gets strip sacked, giving the Pats field position and saving time off the clock. You run the ball into the line there, you get a first down the game's over. You don't, you punt them inside the 20 and make them eat clock to go up the field.

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Ask yourself this, why is dumbfukk Shanahan throwing deep with a ten point lead in the second half of a Super Bowl when he has a great defense and running game?

Why is he having Matt Ryan drop back to pass when he has a massive lead in the SB and is in FG range and a sack can potentially take them out of FG range which is exactly what happened. Shanahan great play designer, not great game manager.

Moogster200
    Moogster200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Pats future QB is already there, Zappe.