Dr. Fager
    Update your status
    Dr. Fager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7167

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    For all intensive porpoises, once the runners get in the blocks they are running the race.

Pay the man his 3 peppers.
    For all intensive (?) dolphins, I agree.

teddybreak
    teddybreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Mostly because the wording seems intentional to rule out any sort of pre start issue after runners are called to the blocks. Which is arguably when the competitor is in the race.

And as I said it makes good sense in bookmaking logic to want to void DQs at the line due to the randomness of it costing more vig than it would without.

Not trying to be a dick and I have been wrong before. But either way I hope they look after you somehow.
    Why would a bookmaker want that? With the margins they are using (in these H2H's it's normally 1,83-1,83 or 1,78-1,88, so pretty big juice for them) that would lose them money, assuming false starts will benefit/disadvantage both parties (player and bookmaker) 50% of times in the long term.

infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9884

And like I said in my first post I think they are probably worded that way intentionally to cover this exact situation.
    Because DQs in sprinting are so common.
    I doubt it tbh, it's a copy & paste rule. Many other books have the same wording for various sports as well. They have the same for the Olympics, although 90%+ of the sports don't even have a start line. Does this consequently mean, every bet on an Olympic hammer through matchup should be voided, because the competitors didn't cross the start line?!

I agree that a void in this case is correct going by the wording of the rules, but they make no sense at all, and in my opinion, it would be a winner on every book with proper rules for athletics. Accidentally on Bookmaker it's not.
    Last edited by infotimbo; 07-22-22 at 05:20 AM.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

If it was me I would be expecting a voided wager. Wtf they even let you get down on this? $100?

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25558

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    If it was me I would be expecting a voided wager. Wtf they even let you get down on this? $100?
    3hundo

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post

I doubt it tbh, it's a copy & paste rule. Many other books have the same wording for various sports as well. They have the same for the Olympics, although 90%+ of the sports don't even have a start line. Does this consequently mean, every bet on an Olympic hammer through matchup should be voided, because the competitors didn't cross the start line?!

I agree that a void in this case is correct going by the wording of the rules, but they make no sense at all, and in my opinion, it would be a winner on every book with proper rules for athletics. Accidentally on Bookmaker it's not.
    Please name another book who graded this differently, or show another major books rules that would have seen it graded differently. And I can offer that information too. Which would be helpful to the OP.

infotimbo

Please name another book who graded this differently, or show another major books rules that would have seen it graded differently. And I can offer that information too. Which would be helpful to the OP.
    I can't see how, as there's no way to see the grading of most books unless you placed the bet yourself. On Pinnacle/Ps3838 it's possible, but apaprently they didn't offer that specific matchbet.

Last year at the Olympics there was a similar situation though, when Hughes was DQ for a false start in the final of the 100m event. That bet was graded as normal by them:

(Blake from the matchbet at the bottom was eliminated during the semi finals already, so he still lost as Hughes advanced further)

infotimbo

Personally I've had issues with Bookmaker for Olympic betting in the past as well btw, as they tend to settle early matchbets based on the event taking place at the closing time. So in an example like this, they'd copy odds from elsewhere which are supposed to be for the whole event, but settle them with the semi-final result, as this is what takes place at the closing time. In one event they even settled bets based on the starting order.

So all in all, they seem to have basically no clue at all about the bets they are offering for those niche sports, which would make me think that they are unlikely to have rules this specifically aimed at a very special incident then.

Consequiently, I would read "to leave the start line for action" as a more generic "must take part in the event" as well - but as mentioned, I also can't see how to argue against that in this example.
    Last edited by infotimbo; 07-25-22 at 06:17 AM.

teddybreak

They have done it again. This time there wasn't even a false start involved.

In the mens 100 meters for the European Championships I bet on Azu to beat Zeze (bet was placed before the semi final). Azu proceeded to the final, Zeze dit not and finished 12th. But they once again settled it as 'NA CANCEL MU'.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_E...27s_100_metres

In the womens 100 meters I bet on Perez to beat Kouni (also placed before the semi final). Perez proceeded to the final, Kouni finished well below her in the same semi final. Also settled as 'NA CANCEL MU'.

I've already been in the live chat. Let's see what they do this time around.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by teddybreak View Post
    They have done it again. This time there wasn't even a false start involved.

In the mens 100 meters for the European Championships I bet on Azu to beat Zeze (bet was placed before the semi final). Azu proceeded to the final, Zeze dit not and finished 12th. But they once again settled it as 'NA CANCEL MU'.

In the womens 100 meters I bet on Perez to beat Kouni (also placed before the semi final). Perez proceeded to the final, Kouni finished well below her in the same semi final. Also settled as 'NA CANCEL MU'.

I've already been in the live chat. Let's see what they do this time around.
    Ok, that sounds like the opposite interpretation of their rules from the first time. And seems clearly wrong to me. I am going to ping a manager to check again.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

One issue after another of recent from Bookmaker.

This is not the same BOOKMAKER/CRIS of ten years ago..............from A to C

teddybreak

Another one to add to the collection. Manga to beat King at the 110 meters hurdles. Bet placed before the semi finals.

Manga placed 15th, King 17th.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_E...metres_hurdles

The ones from yesterday haven't been corrected either

Optional

Another one to add to the collection. Manga to beat King at the 110 meters hurdles. Bet placed before the semi finals.

Manga placed 15th, King 17th.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_E...metres_hurdles

The ones from yesterday haven't been corrected either
    Would you please PM me the three Bet ID#s Teddy?

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Wow this new one seems like a bigger issue!

Just wanted to chime in that I side with op in the original issue. If I had bet on a swimmer that got DQ for a false start I would 100% expect to lose that bet and curse out the dumbass.

Does this no action stuff only apply to head to heads? If I have an athlete to win the race and they false start do I get a refund? Or does the "must cross starting line" wording not apply for race winners, only h2h?

teddybreak

This is getting silly now.

Lavin to beat Siciarz. Bet won, but voided by Bookmaker.
    https://results.mun.mev.atos.net/ECM...NL--------.pdf

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Bro why are you still playing there?

teddybreak

Bro why are you still playing there?
    They are the one of the few I can play at with reasonable limits, offering these kind of matchups.

Plus they have always been kind to me in the past.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

They are the one of the few I can play at with reasonable limits, offering these kind of matchups.

Plus they have always been kind to me in the past.
    But now, according to you, they are fukking you over constantly and laughing at you. I had a gf in the past that was “kind” to me but once she started raiding my stash without asking and trashing my place I ended it. You should do the same. How the fukk did you get into betting on bicycle and foot races anyway?

teddybreak

But now, according to you, they are fukking you over constantly and laughing at you. I had a gf in the past that was “kind” to me but once she started raiding my stash without asking and trashing my place I ended it. You should do the same. How the fukk did you get into betting on bicycle and foot races anyway?
    There just seems to be an issue with the grading of these specific (kind of) bets.

I assume you're American and got stuck into betting on sports like football, baseball, hockey etc, because you follow these sports and they are big sports over there? In Europe those are really minor, while cycling and the major athletics championships are way bigger (not as big as soccer etc. though).

infotimbo

This is getting silly now.

Lavin to beat Siciarz. Bet won, but voided by Bookmaker.
    https://results.mun.mev.atos.net/ECM...NL--------.pdf
    as mentioned above, unless otherwise mentioned, they tend to settle bets based on the event taking place at the closing time, which in this case would be the semi final. So I guess it was cancelled as they didn't compete in the same heat.

But on the other hand, Manga & King did, as far as I can see?!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Bush league stuff. If you're going to offer a particular market then it's probably wise to understand that market.

teddybreak

Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    as mentioned above, unless otherwise mentioned, they tend to settle bets based on the event taking place at the closing time, which in this case would be the semi final. So I guess it was cancelled as they didn't compete in the same heat.

But on the other hand, Manga & King did, as far as I can see?!
    Apart from the Manga-King one at least one athlete advanced to the final.

Pinnacle's rules for example specifically mention certain conditions.
    https://www.pinnacle.com/en/help/bet...ules#Athletics

Bookmaker's rules only mention this considering H2H:
    All head to head and groupbetting options require all competitors to leave the start line for action.
    But even by Pinnacle's more detailed ruleset they all would be considered winners as Manga and King did indeed compete in the same heat.

infotimbo

yeah, really no clue at all why they voided that one. If you settle it based on the semi final, it must be a winner, and if they go by the final result, it's a winner as well.

Normally it should be standard that everything is settled based on the final result, of course - but I had that discussion with them before as well, and came to the conclusion that it's hopeless. They have no idea at all about those niche sports they are offering, and also don't want to change that. That they don't settle all bets in the same (although stupid) way is new to me, though.

First 1234