Seems like a mess ever since they got "CANCELLED"

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It doesn’t really mean anything it’s probably a positive

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

The report is about to come out. He is running away.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Well he'll probably make a few billion so there's that

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Will he remain majority owner?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Will he remain majority owner?
    What part of "sell" is ambiguous?

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10371

Snyder: You can’t make me sell the team I have dirt on every one

NFL: We will murder you and your whole family

Snyder: Let me call my broker

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

This man's family may get there dying wish for him...

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/maryland...the-commanders
    Maryland man's obituary calls for Dan Snyder to sell the Commanders

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    What part of "sell" is ambiguous?
    In the NFL? It doesn’t have to be a full sale.

Could be minority stakes.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Washington playing well too

Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

Just curious how come Chiefs never got pressured to change their name

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Someone buy it and change the name back

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    They have been pressured and have even changed team imagery.

There has also been debate about the origin of "Chief" but that may not matter. I suspect you will here of the community voting on names sometime in the future. I guess we'll see.

Just two weeks ago there was a Native American group calling for change in KC.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Maybe the new owner will turn the name back to the Redskins! We need Elon Musk to buy it and cancel the cancel woke.

Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

Interesting

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Maybe the new owner will turn the name back to the Redskins! We need Elon Musk to buy it and cancel the cancel woke.
    Owners have to answer to each other as part of a league. They can't so easily go rogue.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

Sell the team and reclaim the name, Washington Redskins forever!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RangeFinder

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Owners have to answer to each other as part of a league. They can't so easily go rogue.
    Well the effort should be made with a new conservative owner with historic values anyways if that's the case.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

MLB's Angels have been on the block for over 2 months and I haven't heard about a serious buyer yet. Granted, the Angels aren't as flashy as an NFL team, but usually some billionaire egomaniac steps up.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

NFL jammed him badly. How much did the name change cost him?

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Snyder had that Madden football sign all the free agents with names mentality when he first took over. Had a little success followed by a ton mediocrity/irrelevant status under his ownership. 6 playoff appearances, 2-6 record worth 2 wild card wins. No NFC Championships or Super Bowls for one of the worst owners in league history. Almost identical to Jerry without Jimmy.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Change the name back to the Football Team
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pablo222

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Sell the team and reclaim the name, Washington Redskins forever!
    I hear you, "Redskins" is no more offensive than "Blackhawks" and I can make a case that "Blackhawks" is even more offensive.

And that "tomahawk chop" the Braves fans do at home games, I can see how the woke crowd can get their panties in a bunch over that too.

Yankees could be deemed offensive too, I can go on all night.

If you ask me, leave the sports team names alone, unless of course they're named the Detroit "N*ggers", or the Milwaukee "P*ollcaks" or the Miami S*ics, or the Philadelphia "Guin*eas"
    Those I might have a problem with.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I hear you, "Redskins" is no more offensive than "Blackhawks" and I can make a case that "Blackhawks" is even more offensive.

And that "tomahawk chop" the Braves fans do at home games, I can see how the woke crowd can get their panties in a bunch over that too.

Yankees could be deemed offensive too, I can go on all night.

If you ask me, leave the sports team names alone, unless of course they're named the Detroit "N*ggers", or the Milwaukee "P*ollcaks" or the Miami S*ics, or the Philadelphia "Guin*eas"
    Those I might have a problem with.
    What about the Atlanta Crackers?

stevenash

^
    The way it was explained to me awhile back when I was involved in a similar conversation with my Redditt baseball buddies, the Atlanta Crackers were originally called named the Atlanta Firecrackers, and it was shortened for economical reasons only.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

^
    The way it was explained to me awhile back when I was involved in a similar conversation with my Redditt baseball buddies, the Atlanta Crackers were originally called named the Atlanta Firecrackers, and it was shortened for economical reasons only.
    From Wikipedia:

According to Tim Darnell, who wrote The Crackers: Early Days of Atlanta Baseball, the origins of the team name is unknown.[7]

Darnell cites several possibilities as to why this name was chosen:

• A term that means a poor, white southerner
    • Someone who is quick and efficient at a task
    • In reference to plowboys who cracked the whip over animals, as in Georgia cracker
    • A shortened version of "Atlanta Firecrackers", the earlier 1892 minor league team

However, this list does not represent the most likely origins of the name. The term cracker is derived from the Gaelic craic, meaning entertaining conversation or boasting, with the latter sense still attested in the idiom "not all it's cracked up to be."[8] It was used in the 18th century to denote Irish and Scottish colonists of the Deep South backcountry. The Earl of Dartmouth had this to say in a 1766 correspondence: "I should explain to your Lordship what is meant by Crackers; a name they have got from being great boasters; they are a lawless set of rascals on the frontiers of Virginia, Maryland, the Carolinas, and Georgia, who often change their places of abode."[8]

During the period of Reconstruction following the American Civil War, there was also a political party of the same name. Organized in Augusta, Georgia, this party's platform was one of "opposition to Catholics and segregation of blacks".[9]

While now sometimes used as a derogatory term for a white southerner that promotes racism, it is also used as a term of pride by some white southerners to indicate one that is descended from those original settlers of the area.[8]

As in several other cities, Atlanta's local Negro league team was named after the local White league team: the Atlanta Black Crackers joined the Negro Southern League in 1920, and existed until the early 1950s.

DiggityDaggityDo

Atlanta Black Crackers

Wow

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    Native American on the board?
    possibly the reason

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Snyder is about as dumb of an owner as the Ford Family. Always thought he looked like A JOKE in his suite box.

What is with BIG SHOT dudes wanting to own professional teams... that know absolutely NOTHING ABOUT THE SPORT?

Glad he's gone.

stevenash

^
    Tell me about it.

The Denver Nuggets and the KC Royals are all Walton (Walmart) money.
    While the Walton family may know the retail business and how to make money there, what the Walton family doesn't know is how to own, operate, and succeed as professional sports owners.

The Walton's by now should have learned you can't treat their athletes the same way they treat their twelve dollar an hour cashiers, for openers you can't replace a twenty million dollar point guard or starting pitcher as easily as you can a cashier for instance.

Is it any wonder the next time the Nuggets win a championship will be their first time, or reach a finals for that matter.

While it's true the KC Royals won back to back pennants, one of those a World Series Championship while under the ownership of David Glass (Bud Walton's president and CEO) and Walmart money, they won in spite of Glass, all that glory goes to Dayton Moore.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

^
    Tell me about it.

The Denver Nuggets and the KC Royals are all Walton (Walmart) money.
    While the Walton family may know the retail business and how to make money there, what the Walton family doesn't know is how to own, operate, and succeed as professional sports owners.

The Walton's by now should have learned you can't treat their athletes the same way they treat their twelve dollar an hour cashiers, for openers you can't replace a twenty million dollar point guard or starting pitcher as easily as you can a cashier for instance.

Is it any wonder the next time the Nuggets win a championship will be their first time, or reach a finals for that matter.

While it's true the KC Royals won back to back pennants, one of those a World Series Championship while under the ownership of David Glass (Bud Walton's president and CEO) and Walmart money, they won in spite of Glass, all that glory goes to Dayton Moore.
    That Walmart guy bought the Royals in 2000 for $96 million, and then sold it in 2019 for $1 billion.
    That is a good investment turnaround if you ask me.

stevenash

^
    I understand that, my point being he bought the team from the Kauffman estate when Mr. Kauffman died, who was close friends with Bud Walton, a KC team that was competing, and the first thing Glass did was slash the budget from 41 mil to 19 mil, blaming the strike as the reason for doing it. (Which was total BS)

And then after winning in 2015 tore it all down by dumping the kids they won with.
    By all accounts Glass was a brilliant retail businessman, maybe, maybe not, but pissing off the fan base for self profit is not the way to go.

And like I said, Dayton Moore was the one who put that championship team together with a next to nothing budget to operate with that enabled Glass to sell for that ridiculous ROI.

Ask any other KC Royals fan what they thought of David Glass, the first word that comes to mind is asshole.