texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7763

I think this is at the very least a lot better of an approach than the Knicks have taken in recent years. Getting a guy on the way up instead of on the way down.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

I’ve watched more Mavs basketball than anyone in this history of this forum. The kid is an absolute stud and worked on his shot and midrange game and it paid off. I’ve seen worse contracts. It’s off by maybe 10-15 MIL but that is ashtray money to the Knicks.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    there are some good NY's on this board, myself included. knicks fans and NY people are two totally different things.
    Yeah I was referring to the typical nyk fan, the educated ones aren't obnoxious but they are the minority

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    ESPN was reporting a contract extension 4 Years 55.5 million. Whatever that meant....

ESPN is also reporting the Max Dallas was willing to offer was somewhere around 5 Years 85 Million. But once they received word that the Knicks offered well over that amount.... meeting was cancelled. Rightfully so. Not worth the price.

But it doesn't matter anyways... he won't even average 20pts a game.... pure liability. No way he could start for anyone. Let him prove me wrong.

I could careless what they claim.... "the going rate is" in the NBA.... no way he should even come close to 15 million a year. I'd take a washed up Draymond Green over Brunson.

Like I said... I'll willing to eat my words.... Brunson.... take the stage... and show me what you got pal.
    20 ppg is nothing in today's NBA boomer, he should have no trouble averaging that especially if thibs is there and playing him 40 min a night.

He'll be the closeout option, Julius randle is terrible when the game is on the line

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    big overpay imo. being a season ticket holder this doesnt move the needle for me. knicks definitely needed a pg tho.

i wont address jj with his last place non sense
    nets should have bought out kyrie for 25 mil. knicks sign him to 2 yr 50 million deal. kyrie is a weirdo, but the knicks need a star.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

lmao loser knicks

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13281

we probably seen worse contracts, john wall recently, reggie jackson signed 80m for detroit a few years ago. some many more i cant think of

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    nets should have bought out kyrie for 25 mil. knicks sign him to 2 yr 50 million deal. kyrie is a weirdo, but the knicks need a star.
    I agree with this.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26799

ESPN was reporting a contract extension 4 Years 55.5 million. Whatever that meant....

ESPN is also reporting the Max Dallas was willing to offer was somewhere around 5 Years 85 Million. But once they received word that the Knicks offered well over that amount.... meeting was cancelled. Rightfully so. Not worth the price.

But it doesn't matter anyways... he won't even average 20pts a game.... pure liability. No way he could start for anyone. Let him prove me wrong.

I could careless what they claim.... "the going rate is" in the NBA.... no way he should even come close to 15 million a year. I'd take a washed up Draymond Green over Brunson.

Like I said... I'll willing to eat my words.... Brunson.... take the stage... and show me what you got pal.
    i think he is a good up and coming player but i dont think he is worth that money. the knicks biggest issue last year was at the point guard position. he will make a difference. his shooting #s are good, he doesnt turn the ball over those are 2 things the knicks sorely lacked last year

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16107

Problem with a mega-market team like the Knicks is they're always going to feel that pressure from the stakeholders to get something done. Remember that summer where they forked out an absurd amount for Allan Houston, as they re-modelled with him/ Sprewell/ L.Johnson/ Camby... overpaying for good players on the heels of a rough season. It's just enough to keep the dilettante NY basketball fan optimistic, and that's more pressing to them than legacy.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Problem with a mega-market team like the Knicks is they're always going to feel that pressure from the stakeholders to get something done. Remember that summer where they forked out an absurd amount for Allan Houston, as they re-modelled with him/ Sprewell/ L.Johnson/ Camby... overpaying for good players on the heels of a rough season. It's just enough to keep the dilettante NY basketball fan optimistic, and that's more pressing to them than legacy.

didnt that team make it to the finals???

IBetYou

didnt that team make it to the finals???
    Yes, the East was very weak at the time, post-Jordan.

IBetYou

In fact the league as a whole was weak at that time LOL

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

In fact the league as a whole was weak at that time LOL
    league as whole was weak? so lakers with shaq and kobe, spurs with duncan and robinson, those kings teams were good with c webb and white chocolate , dallas with nash and nowitzk and so on.

knicks followed up that finals appearance with an ECF appearance the following year. weak or not they were good. if ewing wasnt hurt that finals series is a lot closer

IBetYou

league as whole was weak? so lakers with shaq and kobe, spurs with duncan and robinson, those kings teams were good with c webb and white chocolate , dallas with nash and nowitzk and so on.

knicks followed up that finals appearance with an ECF appearance the following year. weak or not they were good. if ewing wasnt hurt that finals series is a lot closer
    Yes the league was weak. Avery Johnson & Charlie Ward were the starting point guards in the finals. Those west teams you mention were were green as grass. It was one of the worst finals ever. But I don't want to argue with you about it. You think it wasn't, I think it was, that's fine...

IBetYou

And KNicks made the finals BECAUSE Ewing got hurt, not in spite of it. Smits was too slow to deal with Camby. Ewing was washed.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

And KNicks made the finals BECAUSE Ewing got hurt, not in spite of it. Smits was too slow to deal with Camby. Ewing was washed.
    Yes but match ups wise Ewing would have helped tremendously against Duncan and Robinson

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1167

brunson will earn every cent u ppl know nothing lol

TheMoneyShot

If Brunson was any good.... Cuban would of matched it with ease. Like I said... we'll bump this thread 1/3 into the NBA new season.

The set up for Brunson was perfect for his type of character and game in Dallas.... New York is an entirely different product.

He'll never make anything close to that contract 4 years from now. I'd laugh my ass off all the way to the bank. Thank you New York!

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

knicks only team probably in all sports that really dont want a good player to star players.
    ewing was their draft pick and marbury is from new york so they dont count.
    they literally never had sign a great player in their entire existence. and they the biggest market in all sports.
    thats straight fix

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

So I suppose Carmelo Anthony wasn't a good player? Some of you have no clue about what your talking about.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1167

If Brunson was any good.... Cuban would of matched it with ease. Like I said... we'll bump this thread 1/3 into the NBA new season.

The set up for Brunson was perfect for his type of character and game in Dallas.... New York is an entirely different product.

He'll never make anything close to that contract 4 years from now. I'd laugh my ass off all the way to the bank. Thank you New York!
    your a goof

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    your a goof
    Nice comeback. And it's you're. You dumb fukkk

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Knicks fan myself. I am excited to get Brunson. We needed a PG and playmaker badly. What he did with ball in his hands with doncic out in playoffs nobody on knicks roster could do. Knicks lost a lot of games last year choking in last few minutes because we don’t have a go to clutch player. He will make us better from day 1. Also good team guy and good for locker room. I like how things are lining up for them. Lots of young talent and building assets to move on a star when time is right.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Knicks fan myself. I am excited to get Brunson. We needed a PG and playmaker badly. What he did with ball in his hands with doncic out in playoffs nobody on knicks roster could do. Knicks lost a lot of games last year choking in last few minutes because we don’t have a go to clutch player. He will make us better from day 1. Also good team guy and good for locker room. I like how things are lining up for them. Lots of young talent and building assets to move on a star when time is right.
    nba always known for good waste moves.
    knicks for championship next year.
    Last edited by play4win; 07-03-22 at 11:20 PM. Reason: $

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    You are 100% correct as far as losing games because we didn't have a pg. I do think it was an over pay but he will make us a better team. We do need to get a star player. We have the assets and young talent to bring someone in. Another problem I forsee is the rest of the east. Bucks, Philly, Boston and Miami aren't going anywhere, then throw in atl picking up Murray

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Yeah remember watching a few Knicks game and they didn't know what to do in close games in 4th quarters except chuck 3s and hope it goes in

IBetYou

Just like Brogdon signing with the Pacers..... played with a mega-star but wanted his own team, then 3 years down the line he will be saying this isn't fun! Randle & Barrett are trrraaaaaaaaash. He will regret his decision for sure.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

great players make average players look good

Rose is better than Brunson

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I have never even heard of him. How many years has he been in the league?

IBetYou

Big game for the kid tonight. 2 game losing streak and a home date vs the team that ended the Knicks season a couple years ago.

IBetYou

I'll bet he regrets it already.

TheMoneyShot

His FG% has dropped. He's scoring more but I said he wouldn't average 20.0 a game... so far I'm right. He's listed at 6'1'' lol BS. With this no defense style NBA... he should easily be 22+ a game... but he sucks. Knicks money down the drain. Joke deal. Free handouts.

First 12