1. #1
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,764
    Betpoints: 700

    If I Just Bet Games I really Liked I Would Be A Winning Gambler

    I have proven it even here tracking but cannot do it


    NEED ACTION DAILY to mask being bald and small and love the rush to lose

    I have had top Dr's tell me this in Allentown

  2. #2
    flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-06-06
    Posts: 39,887
    Betpoints: 24

    Believe in Christ and have faith and everything else will fall into place.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeatTheJerk

  3. #3
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 40,324
    Betpoints: 12842

    i agree with this, but sadly need that action
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/04/2022


  4. #4
    gauchojake
    California Uber Alles
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 31,587
    Betpoints: 1640

    Game selection is key
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/15/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/11/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/08/2022


  5. #5
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 90,237
    Betpoints: 1586

    Every game that I bet I like
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/11/2022


  6. #6
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 9,772
    Betpoints: 1200

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Believe in Christ and have faith and everything else will fall into place.
    Blind faith is not the answer.

  7. #7
    Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-19-09
    Posts: 5,733
    Betpoints: 19500

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I have proven it even here tracking but cannot do it


    NEED ACTION DAILY to mask being bald and small and love the rush to lose

    I have had top Dr's tell me this in Allentown

    If you don't track your bets to understand why you're winning or losing, you're doomed to fail.
    Points Awarded:

    KVB gave Tanko 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  8. #8
    JIBBBY
    Have a nice day :)
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 74,619
    Betpoints: 5070

    Need daily action, shop whining JJ. Blasphemy!

  9. #9
    gauchojake
    California Uber Alles
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 31,587
    Betpoints: 1640

    Vaya con dios amigo
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/15/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/11/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/08/2022


  10. #10
    DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-30-08
    Posts: 112,047
    Betpoints: 19130

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    If you don't track your bets to understand why you're winning or losing, you're doomed to fail.
    MODS

    KVB has hacked Tanko’s account
    Points Awarded:

    Tanko gave DiggityDaggityDo 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB, and Tanko

  11. #11
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 79,156
    Betpoints: 4093


  12. #12
    risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-22-21
    Posts: 350
    Betpoints: 1432

    The first step admitting, we are all addicts...youíre just the lucky bastard who shills for a living.

    For what itís worth...first shift JJ is my favorite to banter with. 400k posts! What a life!

  13. #13
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,764
    Betpoints: 700

    Nobody can spot bet you will get chucked from books doing that

    Sportsbooks want guys that bet every day and every game on the board

  14. #14
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 79,156
    Betpoints: 4093

    You know, Gold, there is another side to this coin.

    It is a market fact that often times the best bet to make is the toughest one to swallow.

    Why don’t you track a strategy where you bet the games you don’t like?

    Better yet, quantify “like” or “don’t like” so the decision is more clear cut, taking out emotion. Eventually you’re going to need to make some kind of ratings to determine what you like.

    Very few people are successful at simply subjective betting over time, the biggest reason is because it runs so hot and cold and they get emotional. Emotions don’t just short circuit rational thinking, they also have an effect on intuitive, subjective, thinking.

    Remove those emotions and you might find value in bets you never would have thought about making.


  15. #15
    gauchojake
    California Uber Alles
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 31,587
    Betpoints: 1640

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    You know, Gold, there is another side to this coin.

    It is a market fact that often times the best bet to make is the toughest one to swallow.

    Why don’t you track a strategy where you bet the games you don’t like?

    Better yet, quantify “like” or “don’t like” so the decision is more clear cut, taking out emotion. Eventually you’re going to need to make some kind of ratings to determine what you like.

    Very few people are successful at simply subjective betting over time, the biggest reason is because it runs so hot and cold and they get emotional. Emotions don’t just short circuit rational thinking, they also have an effect on intuitive, subjective, thinking.

    Remove those emotions and you might find value in bets you never would have thought about making.

    I'm so bad about tracking my bets, but anecdotally just about every bet I "love" is a loser. The bets that I don't love but know it's the right play even though I'm hesitant to pull the trigger are usually winners.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/15/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/11/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/08/2022


  16. #16
    Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-14-07
    Posts: 29,664
    Betpoints: 39

    True jj. But you need the action. I just talked to this guy who was up 4k from basketball and football. He only bets to win. Says he hadn't cash out or bet a game since nccab final. He doesn't need to bet. He only bets to make money. Not for the thrill

  17. #17
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 388,764
    Betpoints: 700

    Iíll be turning pro football season

  18. #18
    Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-14-07
    Posts: 29,664
    Betpoints: 39

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I’ll be turning pro football season
    I believe you. You are getting sharper by the months

  19. #19
    Easy-Rider 66
    Racetrack Television Network
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-12
    Posts: 30,212
    Betpoints: 2516

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I’ll be turning pro football season
    good luck Gold tough game though

  20. #20
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 22,507
    Betpoints: 12050

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I’ll be turning pro football season
    "Football is my game."

  21. #21
    JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-28-17
    Posts: 1,752
    Betpoints: 3919

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    "Football is my game."
    he's not even trying to keep track anymore
    Points Awarded:

    ChuckyTheGoat gave JacketFan81 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  22. #22
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,289
    Betpoints: 5635

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    If you don't track your bets to understand why you're winning or losing, you're doomed to fail.
    The only thing JJ Gold tracks is the shit stains in his “tighty whiteys”, bald asshole.

  23. #23
    OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-02-21
    Posts: 1,873
    Betpoints: 1517

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nobody can spot bet you will get chucked from books doing that

    Sportsbooks want guys that bet every day and every game on the board
    omg really I spot Bet every week in NFL maybe 6 games on sunday and WIN i treat sports betting as a Bussiness I earn money not win money

    Watch me this year combining all my systems and the teams specific trends that run at 98% if you know them ...


  24. #24
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 79,501
    Betpoints: 142

    JJ if your pecker was 6 inches longer you would have been a porn actor.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/04/2022


  25. #25
    Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-25-13
    Posts: 744
    Betpoints: 2962

    Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    omg really I spot Bet every week in NFL maybe 6 games on sunday and WIN i treat sports betting as a Bussiness I earn money not win money

    Watch me this year combining all my systems and the teams specific trends that run at 98% if you know them ...

    Bill I watch everything you do like you're a real life Truman Show. I'm completely fascinated by the stuff that comes out of your mouth

  26. #26
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,289
    Betpoints: 5635

    Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    omg really I spot Bet every week in NFL maybe 6 games on sunday and WIN i treat sports betting as a Bussiness I earn money not win money

    Watch me this year combining all my systems and the teams specific trends that run at 98% if you know them ...

    I’m gonna fade the shit out of your old confident square ass.

  27. #27
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 22,507
    Betpoints: 12050

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nobody can spot bet you will get chucked from books doing that

    Sportsbooks want guys that bet every day and every game on the board
    What a stupid comment.

  28. #28
    clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-01-13
    Posts: 6,738
    Betpoints: 17208

    I spot bet. I just spot bet everyday.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BOA12

  29. #29
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 52,736
    Betpoints: 835

    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I'm so bad about tracking my bets, but anecdotally just about every bet I "love" is a loser. The bets that I don't love but know it's the right play even though I'm hesitant to pull the trigger are usually winners.
    Snap.

    It feels like that here too. But I bet we just recall those misses stronger than other bets.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/11/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/04/2022

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  30. #30
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 4,820
    Betpoints: 6138

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nobody can spot bet you will get chucked from books doing that

    Sportsbooks want guys that bet every day and every game on the board
    OK, I've been preaching this to you for 10+ years. I'm a net plus gambler over 50 years. Bottom line is "less volume is better".

  31. #31
    BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-19-12
    Posts: 17,355
    Betpoints: 267

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    OK, I've been preaching this to you for 10+ years. I'm a net plus gambler over 50 years. Bottom line is "less volume is better".
    Less is more, more or less.

  32. #32
    OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-02-21
    Posts: 1,873
    Betpoints: 1517

    Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    I’m gonna fade the shit out of your old confident square ass.
    go ahead fade my plays you''ll be reloading every week

  33. #33
    str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-12-09
    Posts: 8,922
    Betpoints: 98

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    OK, I've been preaching this to you for 10+ years. I'm a net plus gambler over 50 years. Bottom line is "less volume is better".
    Glad to hear Madison.

    Nice to see an old vet in the horse section every once and a while.

    Spot plays has always been my game once I got over being a teenager and thinking I could win because I was so smart.

    But hey, "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now".

    Anyway, don't get too frustrated with JJ. This is a public service announcement thing that I assume is required to have a gambling forum.

    Good luck and see you in the winners circle !

  34. #34
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,289
    Betpoints: 5635

    Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    go ahead fade my plays you''ll be reloading every week
    Bet dat #cashmeoutside

  35. #35
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 4,820
    Betpoints: 6138

    Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Glad to hear Madison.

    Nice to see an old vet in the horse section every once and a while.

    Spot plays has always been my game once I got over being a teenager and thinking I could win because I was so smart.

    But hey, "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now".

    Anyway, don't get too frustrated with JJ. This is a public service announcement thing that I assume is required to have a gambling forum.

    Good luck and see you in the winners circle !
    Thanks STR! As you are likely aware I know enough about the ponies to be dangerous. I was successful 40 years ago in the NFL and college football, but primarily Greyhounds. Time has passed me by as the NFL back in the 70's & 80's was mostly defense and 17-14 scores were common. The Greyhound industry was destroyed by PETA, Increased take outs, The 10/20 cent bets, and the Exotic wagers.

    All my best, and please guide me with my pony plays.

    FYI, I funded my TVG account 3 or 4 years ago with $600. My current balance circa $568. I asked my wife if I was nuts watching 4 or 5 hours of racing on a Saturday to be circa even after 3/4 years and her response was "It's in your blood just consider it entertainment".

Top