Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Lucky Durham kept going to the hole instead of forcing a 3

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Wait for in game, you'll get plus +600 or more guaranteed if they go down by like 6

Only way to beat books in long run is to beat the closing lines by significant margin

Only way to consistently do that is live lines

Wouldn't be surprised if they go to +1000 if they're down like 8 with 15 min to go. As we know 8 pts is nothing, but books don't look at it that way.
    multiple ways to beat the books. this is not the strategy i would choose...

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    multiple ways to beat the books. this is not the strategy i would choose...
    You bet something +300 pre game

In game you see that same bet goes to +1200

The game is still within reach, and you still believe in your original handicapping

You just got 900 more points, you'll never ever get that betting anything pre game. Ever.

Even if you hit 1/5 of these bets, you come out subtantially ahead.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

You bet something +300 pre game

In game you see that same bet goes to +1200

The game is still within reach, and you still believe in your original handicapping

You just got 900 more points, you'll never ever get that betting anything pre game. Ever.

Even if you hit 1/5 of these bets, you come out subtantially ahead.
    i understand the sentiment of what you are saying and you arent necessarily wrong. but making this your main strategy during lets say, a regular season or even march madness is just a bunch of hoping and wishing.

maybe taking a risk like this a few times is cool but not the main source of beating the books. just be the better handicapper and find the inefficiencies and work on doing it consistently. theres always 1 mistake they make. capitalizing on that will take you further imo

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    i understand the sentiment of what you are saying and you arent necessarily wrong. but making this your main strategy during lets say, a regular season or even march madness is just a bunch of hoping and wishing.

maybe taking a risk like this a few times is cool but not the main source of beating the books. just be the better handicapper and find the inefficiencies and work on doing it consistently. theres always 1 mistake they make. capitalizing on that will take you further imo
    It certaintly could. Was just going from my experience. I bet a lot pre game on stuff but most of my money is made betting on stuff live. Like last night, I followed LakerBoy and took Providence live at +1050. I don't know about college and don't mind following him, and sure it lost, but at the end there when it was tied, I could have easily sprinkled some on Kansas ML -130 if I wanted and cashed out $500ish dollars either way. I didn't do that cause I ride with my boy but I was very happy with the odds I got.

There are always massive swings in basketball games and there's always a ton of money to be made on these swings. A 15 point lead in the NBA is literally nothing, it can vanish in a 3 minute span.

My point is this -- if you already handicapped that you thought Lakers +250 is a winner, all you have to do is wait for them in game to go down by 8 in the 3rd quarter, and you can get them at +500 easily. Your assessment has not changed. You still like them to win the game.

It's very very rare for a big underdog to win a game wire to wire, so trust me when I say that 95% of the time you will find a much better line in game than you do pre game.

Anyway thats my thoughts.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Kansas has had an easy path; feels like their year

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

It certaintly could. Was just going from my experience. I bet a lot pre game on stuff but most of my money is made betting on stuff live. Like last night, I followed LakerBoy and took Providence live at +1050. I don't know about college and don't mind following him, and sure it lost, but at the end there when it was tied, I could have easily sprinkled some on Kansas ML -130 if I wanted and cashed out $500ish dollars either way. I didn't do that cause I ride with my boy but I was very happy with the odds I got.

There are always massive swings in basketball games and there's always a ton of money to be made on these swings. A 15 point lead in the NBA is literally nothing, it can vanish in a 3 minute span.

My point is this -- if you already handicapped that you thought Lakers +250 is a winner, all you have to do is wait for them in game to go down by 8 in the 3rd quarter, and you can get them at +500 easily. Your assessment has not changed. You still like them to win the game.

It's very very rare for a big underdog to win a game wire to wire, so trust me when I say that 95% of the time you will find a much better line in game than you do pre game.

Anyway thats my thoughts.
    i get what you are saying. i do this style when i see/get the opportunity to. it has to make sense. otherwise i just let it ride cause its so easy to get caught up in the live betting then next thing you know you are chasing the dragon butt naked through a hail storm.

First 12