Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Drexel/Charleston last night

Guys, I had Drexel +3.5 last night and I checked around 11pm and final had 77-74 C of C, and my book had it graded a win. Well this morning, my account is $615 less and I cant figure out why. Come to find they adjusted this this morning, and espn shows 79-75 final. Wtf happened??

Regul8er
    Wordd

The score was posted 77-74 like 2 hours after the game would have ended.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    The score was posted 77-74 like 2 hours after the game would have ended.
    What book? Think they just screwed up initially. Looks like it was always 79-75.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Guys, I had Drexel +3.5 last night and I checked around 11pm and final had 77-74 C of C, and my book had it graded a win. Well this morning, my account is $615 less and I cant figure out why. Come to find they adjusted this this morning, and espn shows 79-75 final. Wtf happened??
    Reg, this is one of those things that make you wonder.

Can only happen to YOU, right? Better luck on the next one, bro.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Im telling you guys, espn had the score listed as a final at 77-74, and my book had it graded as a win, and re-adjusted just a few hours ago.

I notice alot of stuff happened in that play by play with 1 second left, including a defensive rebound by C of C with 0 seconds left, without even a shot attempt by Drexel. Id love to see a clip of the last second of this game.

Also, check the last 2 lines of the play by play:

77-74 end of 2nd half
    79-75 end of game

Hmmmm

ChuckyTheGoat

CHARLESTON, S.C. - Coletrane Washington's career night wasn't enough as Drexel fell to Charleston, 79-75, at the TD Arena on Monday night. Drexel was down three with the final possession and Washington was fouled on a 3-point attempt. He missed the first, made the second and intentionally missed the third, but Charleston grabbed the rebound and made a pair of free throws to clinch it for the Cougars.

Charleston held the lead throughout the second half although the Dragons were always within striking distance. The Cougars (14-10, 6-6) led by 10 with 1:53 to play, but Drexel (12-12, 7-7) countered with eight quick points to make it 74-72 with just 39 seconds to play. Charleston's Reyne Smith was fouled with 29 seconds to play and made two free throws to extend the lead back to four. Drexel raced into the front court and Xavier Bell scored on a driving lay-up and the Dragons were forced to foul again. This time, Smith made just one of two free throws to give Drexel the final possession. Washington faked a 3-pointer, got his defender in the air, was fouled but couldn't make the first of his free throws.

ChuckyTheGoat

Reg:

*How many seconds when the 3-pt shooter was fouled?

Sounds like there was maybe a video/timer review. Things happen on these end-games.

More strategic error was fouling the 3-pt shooter. This should basically never happen. At +3.5, you should be staring at an ATS win or overtime (at worst), if he's shooting a buzzer-beater.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Pretty trash luck it sounds like. Oh well, like you said, on the next one.

False Start
    False Start's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Was watching the game...I had the over. The refs could have let the foul go, but he raised his arm, signaling a foul with two-tenths of a second to go. Teams should have walked off the court, but officials went to the monitor and put 0.2 seconds on, hence the free throws. Brutal beat for you. Sorry. Been there before. That was awful though.
    We will continue to see this happen as legalized sports gambling continues to grow. The leagues (and NCAA) are checking everything nowadays. i.e. "meaningless" shots and "meaningless" fouls.... knowing people have "legal" money on the game.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by False Start View Post
    Was watching the game...I had the over. The refs could have let the foul go, but he raised his arm, signaling a foul with two-tenths of a second to go. Teams should have walked off the court, but officials went to the monitor and put 0.2 seconds on, hence the free throws. Brutal beat for you. Sorry. Been there before. That was awful though.
    We will continue to see this happen as legalized sports gambling continues to grow. The leagues (and NCAA) are checking everything nowadays. i.e. "meaningless" shots and "meaningless" fouls.... knowing people have "legal" money on the game.
    Good info, False.

Yes, at that point in time, there's literally no way for Drex to come back. Even if guy missed 2 FT (and one airball), they won't count a 3-ptr at 0.2 Sec.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Had Charleston. Sorry man Id rather you have won

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by False Start View Post
    The last seconds in NcaaB are brutal sometimes, and you just gave another example of it. Watch one game and the teams stop fouling down 7 points, then another and they keep fouling down 8-9, and it’s almost always the O/U that gets screwed up because of it

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    The last seconds in NcaaB are brutal sometimes, and you just gave another example of it. Watch one game and the teams stop fouling down 7 points, then another and they keep fouling down 8-9, and it’s almost always the O/U that gets screwed up because of it
    8-9? I've seen teams fouling down 15 with 15 seconds. It's nuts.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    8-9? I've seen teams fouling down 15 with 15 seconds. It's nuts.
    It’s really unbelievable to watch.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Yesterday i had George Mason -2 and tuned out with 2 minutes remaining as they were down by 7. I thought it was going to be a foul fest and would still end up losing. I checked the scores this morning and saw they won and covered in OT. Mason was the wrong side, but the crazy shit that happens in college b-ball down the stretch is as unpredictable as it gets. I don't know why we bet this shit, but for some sick ass reason i enjoy it.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7787

Earlier this year Michigan UNLV had UNLV +12.5, they’re down 11, waits til the ball gets across half court, fouls with about 4 seconds left on the clock. Down 11, fouls with 4 fukking seconds left on the clock! Dude runs all the way across the court to be a hero and foul too. Michigan hits both free throws, UNLV inbounds and doesn’t even do anything, just lets the clock run out as they lose by 13.

The sad thing is, I know it’s not a fix because this dumb shit is just what happens in stupid college basketball all the time.