thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I think that the Texans let Culley go because they wanted a shot at Flores. Then he went nuclear with the lawsuit. They would have probably hired McCown, but that would have put gas on the fire for Flores lawsuit. The Texans decided to go with a different BLACK head coach that they already knew to offset Flores. If they had known all this was going to happen, they probably would have just kept Culley at HC and Lovie as DC.
    Semi-believable theory

But my god this is hysterical

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I think that the Texans let Culley go because they wanted a shot at Flores. Then he went nuclear with the lawsuit. They would have probably hired McCown, but that would have put gas on the fire for Flores lawsuit. The Texans decided to go with a different BLACK head coach that they already knew to offset Flores. If they had known all this was going to happen, they probably would have just kept Culley at HC and Lovie as DC.
    They'll never admit it, but spot on. Lovie was in the building and wasn't interviewed until the weekend.

Should have kept Culley and Smith, brought in McCown to run the offense and see how it goes. Just another bad franchise, so many unfortunately.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

The “compromise candidate”

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    ok...so is it about ca$h or about racism. and does solving racism = ca$h. or wait, i thought this was about black head coach hires.
    The only way you get NFL owners to hire black candidates is if they have to pay cash for not doing it. They are not going to hire blacks on their own. The pressure has to be applied.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

So.... Hou o/u wins next year? 5.5?

Lovie then fired

... and the BS starts again?

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1028

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    The only way you get NFL owners to hire black candidates is if they have to pay cash for not doing it. They are not going to hire blacks on their own. The pressure has to be applied.
    Yeah and which team, what %, and how do you enforce it

Your solution is cash penalty or cash giveaway for hiring a black coach?

So now black coaches need cash incentives to head coach in the nfl?

budwiser

The NFL is the most popular league by far here in the States. It's not even close.

If you start socializing the league, gotta have a black coach here, a woman coach there, percentages, and all that...

Watch the fans stop showing up.

The last time they tried this with Kaepernick, players starting taking knees around the league. As soon as fans started boycotting games, ratings sagged, and the NFL was talking about a decrease in pay for all players, they ALL stopped. ALL of them.

It hasn't worked for 50 years, and whatever they try to fix it will be another failure. Look back 50 years, I don't see how we would be any different now than we would have been back then if 0 rules were in effect, and people just did whatever they wanted.

jmo.

budwiser

You can be sure that once the percentages come along, there will be rival football leagues faster than diarrhea.

Most of the fans that go to NFL football games would vote for Donald Trump over Joe Biden. Not making a judment here, but that's a fact. 99% of them could care less about this issue. They're there to see a football game, could care less what the racial makeup was. If they did care, they don't seem to notice that 80% of the players are black, and almost all the coaches are white. THEY DO NOT CARE.

budwiser

Do you see Kansas City Chiefs fans caring that Patrick Mahomes is black? That Tom Brady is white? That Bruce Arians is white? That Mike Tomlin is black?

So if the NFL forces these people to pay attention to the racial makeup of the game-they are f ing with the game, and there is no denying it.

If you are an owner, you can do whatever you want. That's just the way it is. You may not like it-heck I'm sure people would like to get paid $30 an hour to work at McDonald's-but that is the way the world works, tough s hit.

budwiser

I remember watching Nick Saban allow cameras at Bama. I was wondering, how is it possible this guy always has the #1 or #2 team, year in and year out.

And I found out.

Saban would scream at these guys-you think you can just stroll in here and get all the accolades? The awards? Championships? Just roll on reputation?

He said the only way to get there is through hard work. It doesn't just COME to you.

Here we're talking about FREE GIVEAWAYS to black coaches. Head coaching jobs, support, ca$h.

That doesn't help anyone imo. It makes every black head coach seem like he doesn't deserve to be there.

It's like going to a black doctor-how do you know this guy got to Med School based on his grades. It's not fair to the guy. But that's the cold reality of it.

END RESULTS aren't divorced from MEANS. I could sit on my a ss and say everyone needs to have $1 million. It sounds like a fantastic idea. Just sit on your a ss and watch the candy come my way.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

love smith

WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo
    WireWire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32027

Horrible hire. Lovie is NOT that guy, don't matter who is the next coach white or black with no Watson playing QB you basically have no shot of winning sooo.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Texans should hire Flores, then fire him a month later.
    Last edited by eidolon; 02-08-22 at 11:57 AM.

budwiser

Flores lawyers coming out with he wasn't hired for Texans job because of the lawsuit. You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...awsuit-vs-nfl/

Seattle Slew

I can't wait for next year's NFL season. The coaching is already at an all-time low, and will be a complete shit show next year with these new hires. Most of them will be completely lost.

Look at the Chargers coach. The media was crowning him coach of the year in October and he cost his team at least 2 wins and a playoff spot with just awful coaching.

Most of these new hires are already falling into the same trap of hiring terrible assistant coaches.

Seattle Slew

Texans should come up and say "yes, that was the reason, you fool."

What if your trial starts in October? You have to testify, meet with lawyers and be available for depositions. We don't want to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    Flores lawyers coming out with he wasn't hired for Texans job because of the lawsuit. You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...awsuit-vs-nfl/

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Texans should come up and say "yes, that was the reason, you fool."

What if your trial starts in October? You have to testify, meet with lawyers and be available for depositions. We don't want to deal with that.
    No this is all a pain to deal with. If he goes through back channels, contacts Roger Goodell, my guess is he is head coaching the Texans right now.

Now they got civil rights lawyers and...you guessed it, Al Sharpton, who was never elected to anything. Met with Goodell. Sharpton, who has absolutely NOTHING to do with the NFL is in a position of power and change. I said Flores would have nothing to do with it, they would figure this out through back channels, and that is EXACTLY what is going on. Next they figure out a scapegoat(s), they figure out how to calm every down through a rule change ("progress"), someone gets a large ca$h settlement to never bring this up again, and...eventually it's back to business as usual. Been watching this for 50 years!!

https://clutchpoints.com/nfl-news-al...roger-goodell/

budwiser

This guy Flores is 40 years old, and figures you know what, I'm going to do the right thing. I'm going to call this out for what it is. But now, he has NOTHING to do with it-it's in the hands of his white lawyers, and Civil Rights leaders, Roger Goodell. The little guy who is trying to do the right thing always gets blown over and eviscerated by the powers that be-and a nice ca$h settlement for your trouble.

That's why I like the Lovie Smith hire. With his white beard and experience, the guy knows better. He'll never be a Flores. Flores will figure it out when he's 50.

budwiser

Lovie Smith would never get blindsided, never be unprepared, never get hustled by Shaprton or whoever

Stupid is wasted on the young and inexperienced

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Flores might as well call Lovie an "Uncle Tom" while he's at it. He had to know that there would be unwanted results from the action he took. I guarantee you Flores was just dying to see them hire McCown to make his case stronger. Texans called an audible.

budwiser

Flores might as well call Lovie an "Uncle Tom" while he's at it. He had to know that there would be unwanted results from the action he took. I guarantee you Flores was just dying to see them hire McCown to make his case stronger. Texans called an audible.
    It's hard to respect a guy who's just out to blame everyone else for his troubles.

yeah it was a good Texans hire at the right time. Good move.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

First 12