jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Georgia

Alabama played their best game of the year the first time

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Alabama has a lot of injuries. This game will be a FG fest. Who has the better kicker?

I think Bama wins 16 -13.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24609

Quote Originally Posted by TonyPhizzle View Post
    Who are we taking for the title?
    Interesting handicap: *How often can u get the Elephant as a Dog? I know they were dog in 1st meet.

*Flip side is: For Georgia...if not NOW, when?

To beat Alab, you need a HC (like Jimbo) who knows he can beat Saban. I think Kirby is in that category.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Sell some plasma and put it on Alabama. I’d say take out a home equity loan but I imagine most posters rent.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Sell some plasma and put it on Alabama. I’d say take out a home equity loan but I imagine most posters rent.
    Dane, what do you make of the 1st meeting? Alab showed their class?

Did Georgia play a dud game? Maybe not that motivated for 1st meet?

How do you rate this Geo Def Tackle Davis? A game-changer?

You can see I'm full of answers. Will likely root for UGA...just b/c I like the mascot.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

bunch of bama answers..... answers the question of who to back

public "omg".... bama as a dog for the title game? bama owns them and bama NEVER loses the title game

also public - forgots all the bama title game losses

but we'll see what happens... injuries to either side early on could drastically alter what happens as always

think books will try to slam it to the favorite betting side going into the NFL wildcard weekend where the ML parlay of favorites is going to hit more times than not with the new 7 vs 2 setup parlay both together along with the most favorable 4v5 or 3v6 and boom easy 3 team play

it's all a game... just got to play it to your advantage

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4166

Just like you won't get rich betting against Brady, you won't betting against Saban either. Just an FYI, I capped this game intently already and the opening line is off by a bit, but the total is spot-on. Georgia opened at -1, that's not like your betting some big dog here. There are several reasons why Bama is a dog though. But, Saban like 18-1 against former assistants, and 7-0 last 7 meetings or 7-1. I can honestly say at this very moment, I don't like either side or anything with the total. I might even sit this one out or play it very small.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Dane, what do you make of the 1st meeting? Alab showed their class?

Did Georgia play a dud game? Maybe not that motivated for 1st meet?

How do you rate this Geo Def Tackle Davis? A game-changer?

You can see I'm full of answers. Will likely root for UGA...just b/c I like the mascot.
    Georgia decided to play more zone defense because of the speed of alabamas receivers and injuries. I doubt they’ll try that one again. Metchie is out and they’ll have Chris Smith healthy. They also should pressure more. The blueprint to slow down Alabama is there, they just didn’t use it.

Davis is a great NT but he’s not the best one. Jalen Carter is a war daddy. Will be a top 10 pick in 2023.

Georgia will be healthier than they were a few weeks ago. That will be big. They were humbled an took it out on Michigan who many predicted to win straight up. Alabamas defense has been playing well down the stretch sans the Arkansas game. I expect a close physical game.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7579

Georgia will get this one

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Georgia decided to play more zone defense because of the speed of alabamas receivers and injuries. I doubt they’ll try that one again. Metchie is out and they’ll have Chris Smith healthy. They also should pressure more. The blueprint to slow down Alabama is there, they just didn’t use it.

Davis is a great NT but he’s not the best one. Jalen Carter is a war daddy. Will be a top 10 pick in 2023.

Georgia will be healthier than they were a few weeks ago. That will be big. They were humbled an took it out on Michigan who many predicted to win straight up. Alabamas defense has been playing well down the stretch sans the Arkansas game. I expect a close physical game.
    Nice writeup, Dane.

I do think Georgia's defense is historically good. Chance to prove it here.

Georgia has a Scoring Ratio (Scored/Allowed) > 4.00. Teams like that normally win the title. And some bettors can't resist the temptation of "Bama as a dog."