Betpoints: 532

Carr with the STRONG virtue signaling

What a \*\*\*\*\*\*

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Yeah... and your kid turns into a homo afterwards. No thanks.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Carr not bright either

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2262

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Phin, I think you're a little off on this one:

*If the facts presented are correct on this one, should be an open-and-shut case.

Repulsive that Ruggs got tanked in Vegas and then drove recklessly w/o no regard for humanity. Been pointed out that he had means to pay for transit.

Just a pointless accident/death. Carr could have learned from the Patriots, who were told to shut their mouths on legal matters. Carr's statement is pathetic, in the sense that he's pushing his religion above human life.
    Fair point, I agree with you on Ruggs. I

was mocking his (the poster Midnight) criticism of Carr, I probably could have done a better job making that clear. The meaning I got from what he posted was "Carr should not support his teammate in public in order to land more money for himself, and he probably doesnt support him in private anyways".

I was basically trying to highlight the irony of someone telling someone else what their "correct/right" reaction should be to a 3rd person that the second person reacted to. That is pointless and goes forever, notice I then joined the chain by doing it to midnight, then you to me, it's a never ending thing if we give it any credence. We can all react to Ruggs the way we want, our reaction is based on each of own subjective opinions and morals, but mocking one another's reaction is the dumbest thing ever, it seems like people think their own subjective opinion matters to someone else who has their own unique one.

For the record, obviously most people including myself seem to agree what Ruggs did was pretty F'd up

But anyone who thinks their own reaction to it is somehow objectively better or smarter than Carr's or anyone elses is delusional, like they think their opinion matters more than someone else's and that person needs to be "educated" on something that is totally subjective

If you don't agree with what I'm saying here, that's ok too it's just my opinion no better than yours or anyone else's, just wanted to try to more clearly portray what my actual thought process was since I realized I don't think it was as clear as I thought on my first post

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

phinfan27615

shorter version "opinion about an act or a behavior is one thing, but an opinion about someone els's opinion is a moot point. People seem to get the two things confused"

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Zero respect for Carr
    Says the guy who Never played sports in your life. Carrs teammate fuked up…big time. But you can’t just turn your back on him. To busy playing Chinese checkers I guess.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Quote Originally Posted by phinfan27615 View Post
    Fair point, I agree with you on Ruggs. I

was mocking his (the poster Midnight) criticism of Carr, I probably could have done a better job making that clear. The meaning I got from what he posted was "Carr should not support his teammate in public in order to land more money for himself, and he probably doesnt support him in private anyways".

I was basically trying to highlight the irony of someone telling someone else what their "correct/right" reaction should be to a 3rd person that the second person reacted to. That is pointless and goes forever, notice I then joined the chain by doing it to midnight, then you to me, it's a never ending thing if we give it any credence. We can all react to Ruggs the way we want, our reaction is based on each of own subjective opinions and morals, but mocking one another's reaction is the dumbest thing ever, it seems like people think their own subjective opinion matters to someone else who has their own unique one.

For the record, obviously most people including myself seem to agree what Ruggs did was pretty F'd up

But anyone who thinks their own reaction to it is somehow objectively better or smarter than Carr's or anyone elses is delusional, like they think their opinion matters more than someone else's and that person needs to be "educated" on something that is totally subjective

If you don't agree with what I'm saying here, that's ok too it's just my opinion no better than yours or anyone else's, just wanted to try to more clearly portray what my actual thought process was since I realized I don't think it was as clear as I thought on my first post

Carr is the leader and face of the team you knob, you're retarded

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a problem with Carr said?
    This is my interpretation.
    "The guy (Suggs) is feeling like shit right about now and probably could use a little bit of love at the moment"

And I neither like nor dislike Carr or the Raiders.

MiDNiTe

Some guys have never had any high level job or any job that requires some form of leadership, phin must be at the bottom of the food chain sicking roosters ffs

phinfan27615

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Am I the only one here who doesn't have a problem with Carr said?
    This is my interpretation.
    "The guy (Suggs) is feeling like shit right about now and probably could use a little bit of love at the moment"

And I neither like nor dislike Carr or the Raiders.
    I'm with you 100%! That so what if you didn't agree w Carr's opinion, you have your own that is whatever you want it to be that's why they're called opinions
    Last edited by phinfan27615; 11-04-21 at 11:39 PM. Reason: didnt put quote repsonding to

phinfan27615

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    Some guys have never had any high level job or any job that requires some form of leadership, phin must be at the bottom of the food chain sicking roosters ffs
    So if A=B and A = C then A must also equal "durhhhhh"

Got it, thanks for clearing that up for me
    Last edited by phinfan27615; 11-04-21 at 11:37 PM. Reason: didnt put quote was responding to

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 187

Carr is just supporting his teammate

it trying to b political but people will see it that way

MiDNiTe

Yeah your co-worker/friend gets drunk and kills someone, you're the face of the company and you publicly say you love and have his back without mentioning the poor chic who got burnt alive

johnnyvegas13

Well ex team ate I should say

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

So if A=B and A = C then A must also equal "durhhhhh"

Got it, thanks for clearing that up for me
    What?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

so by saying that , carr means he dont give a flying sht about the person rugg killed ..

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

shorter version "opinion about an act or a behavior is one thing, but an opinion about someone els's opinion is a moot point. People seem to get the two things confused"
    Absolutely, everyone entitled to their opinion.

I just see how Carr would rub people wrong. Unless there's a different angle to this story, there's a perpetrator and a victim. Carr should be very careful about bypassing the victim and showing empathy for the perpetrator.

johnnyvegas13

I just see how Carr would rub people wrong. Unless there's a different angle to this story, there's a perpetrator and a victim. Carr should be very careful about bypassing the victim and showing empathy for the perpetrator.
    It a manslaughter kinda thing tho

not like he purpose want to kill someone

alcohal will not help his case

anyway I can see Carr comment both ways but I get were he is coming from

MiDNiTe

Yup, Carr is the captain face/leader of the team, the video of the chick being burnt alive is on Reddit while the p.o.s ruggs is crying on the side of the road knowing his career is over , guy was doing 157mph in what a 45 zone?

Such a p.o.s when the NFL has 24/7 no questions asked driving service

phinfan27615

Yeah, I hear you, just still stuck on the point of Carr didn't kill anyone, Ruggs did so I don't agree with the idea of a "thought crime" for Carr not showing the sympathy to victim or disapproval for Ruggs someone else does. They get choose how they feel about it and Carr does too, one is not offensive to the other unless one thinks theirs matters more, which it does not imo

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Yeah, I hear you, just still stuck on the point of Carr didn't kill anyone, Ruggs did so I don't agree with the idea of a "thought crime" for Carr not showing the sympathy to victim or disapproval for Ruggs someone else does. They get choose how they feel about it and Carr does too, one is not offensive to the other unless one thinks theirs matters more, which it does not imo
    But the key to what he said is TIMING. Nobody wants to hear sympathy for Ruggs right now after what happened. Two weeks from now would have been ten times better for his comments.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Bluehorseshoe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by Runeblade View Post
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...crash-2470417/

Struck the back of her vehicle going 156mph igniting the fuel tank and cause of death was the fire. Terrible
    Where do you see the cause of death was the fire? I assume that's what killed her but could she had died on impact? Why wasn't she able to get out of the car?

I saw the following comment...

both the Raiders organization and the NFL extended their condolences to the family of the woman who died in the crash.

This is the main point. Carr should have clearly said that his heart goes out to the woman BEFORE he went on the I'm going to love on Ruggs comment. He then should have reiterated that while he will be there for Ruggs and he needs a lot of love, he thoughts and prayers are with the woman and her dog. Carr looks like an insensitive jerk that only cares about his teammate because they are highly paid entitled athletes.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    On Henry Ruggs......“He needs people to love him right now. He’s probably feeling a certain type of way about himself right now and he needs to be loved. If nobody else will do it, I’ll do it.”
    Is this what they call a 'sound bite'
    You know, just a short excerpt of the entire Carr statement.

What I'm asking here is is there more to the quote than just these short sentences?

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Is this what they call a 'sound bite'
    You know, just a short excerpt of the entire Carr statement.

What I'm asking here is is there more to the quote than just these short sentences?
    It is, but it's not out of context. He talked about the girl before this quote.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

I think it's possible to feel bad for both the person who died and Ruggs at the same time. I've been popped twice for DUI (no car crashes, luckily) but didn't get caught about a thousand other times. Not proud of it, but just saying.... And in this case, we have a young guy, with gobs of money, living in Las Vegas? This won't be the last time we hear of Raiders players doing dumbass things that have terrible consequences.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10327

Teammates are standing by to give Ruggs old lady the Stringer Bell treatment

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have no issue with Carrs statement, seemed well thought out and reasonable.

jjgold

Shocked guy on house arrest
    Should be in jail

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10327

Are we fading Vegas versus Giants?

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Shocked guy on house arrest
    Should be in jail
    Its covid related and he sustained injuries during the accident

phinfan27615

Again, what people want to hear and what they think would be "better" is subjective.
    I think Carr is doing what's better sticking up for his teammate in the media when he is getting it from all angle of media and internet.

He has different opinion than you, so you feel the need to worry about him?

In this world either you accept other people doing things you dont agree with or you allow yourself to be forced to do things you don't want to do.

How many people don't see their own hypocrisy when it comes to this. Just look at the abortion/vaccine hypocrites on both sides.

What it boils down to is are we free or not?
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave phinfan27615 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bluehorseshoe

jjgold

He probably should flee country than risk jail 20 years

ChuckyTheGoat

What a year for the Raiders. Fuk this POS Ruggs.

Bring back Ted Hendricks and Phil Villapiano.

ChuckyTheGoat

I'm honestly disgusted. Ruggs is the anti-Raider.

The Raider history is FILLED with 2nd-chance athletes who came in to get a chance. Not an entitled self-absorbed POS like this guy.

The Raider history is FILLED with real men. Go down the list:

George Blanda
    Ray Guy
    Howie Long
    Gene Upshaw
    Cliff Branch

Dave Casper
    Art Shell
    Jim Otto
    Raymond Chester
    Ken Stabler

I could go on and on. Fk this guy.