KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Gold he said making money, not supporting themselves and a family.

There's a difference between side income and making a living.

Although that difference can be subtle.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The people who are insiders and know the details of fixes, injuries, game plans etc. If you can be a fly on the wall at a sports teams locker room or GM office you will know how to bet accordingly.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The people who are insiders and know the details of fixes, injuries, game plans etc. If you can be a fly on the wall at a sports teams locker room or GM office you will know how to bet accordingly.
    In my opinion, this is one area where experience, something you simply can't teach, comes into play for successful betting.

There is no substitute for years of betting experience and once those years turn successful, there is absolutely no substitute for years of successful betting (that doesn't always mean a profit every year, it means staying with deviations, clv, etc...something I touch on in a video I made in the Think Tank).

Real talk.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Keep betting journals

One of best tips you will ever get being a better bettor

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Keep betting journals

One of best tips you will ever get being a better bettor
    "Track your bets and why you made them"

--KVB

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Very few and most that do its chump change

You need at least 10-15 accounts with approx $250,000 to start, local bookies, offshore and USA spread out

Arbing, Bonuses, Hedges, Straights all at +EV
    $15-20k with offshores you can make $100k in your first year risk free. That's a conservative number, too.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

this guys posting from 1880.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

We are in a boom though. The customer acquisition phase of the US sportsbetting landscape gives us a lot of opportunity.

I can't say it enough.

If you can network, and know people, especially rec gamblers, in legal states, there is some pretty good opportunity.

Tougher do do all by yourself even in a legal state the longer and more you are doing it.

Some thoughts of mine from earlier on "same game parlays"...

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Have to do some things manually, lol.

As far as those same game parlays, I'm thinking the same thing I have been. The USA sportbook market customer acquisition phase is a fukkin gold rush boom.

I doubt it lasts forever, but we'll see what they let the bettors get away with.

Sadly, it becomes their ability or desire to tolerate winners the will decide these things. We've gone from near 100% tolerance, to near 100% limit/collar/ban, etc.

During customer aquisition, there is some tolerance but more importantly the ability to hide sharp action.
    We haven't seen a Golden Age like this for those in position and that can get in position since the early days of the internet, when online books didn't know how to set a line.

We all know that Golden Age ended. And so too will this one, but not before the pool of money is so big that there will be plenty to go around.

It's the nature of the cycles. Can't imagine there will ever be one again, but at least this one could have a few years of strong legs. That's right a few years. There are many states to still enter the marketplace.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    We are in a boom though. The customer acquisition phase of the US sportsbetting landscape gives us a lot of opportunity.

I can't say it enough.

If you can network, and know people, especially rec gamblers, in legal states, there is some pretty good opportunity.

Tougher do do all by yourself even in a legal state the longer and more you are doing it.

Some thoughts of mine from earlier on "same game parlays"...

We haven't seen a Golden Age like this for those in position and that can get in position since the early days of the internet, when online books didn't know how to set a line.

We all know that Golden Age ended. And so too will this one, but not before the pool of money is so big that there will be plenty to go around.

It's the nature of the cycles. Can't imagine there will ever be one again, but at least this one could have a few years of strong legs. That's right a few years. There are many states to still enter the marketplace.
    Lol.

First 12