Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1945

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt Moat View Post
    I would never go pro. Some interesting things talked about and debated on here. To often the thread is taken over by the morino and his stooges. Only waste money gambling and smokin trees.
    Naw, you should go PRO. I fade and get paid. Just cashed out $250 btc here so made $150 profit and I'm only halfway through my PRO year. Ignore the stupid threads and partake in contests, poker, and fade and you will get paid.

Headsterx

btw... go Bearcats!

Those 4 claws represent the spots in CFB playoff which Cincy will represent one of them.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Dion is not my type of player. I want sacrifice in the player. Dependability to make the tackle. Not just knock the ball out of the air and dance for 5 minutes. He helped the pucie crew db's come about. D player of the year. lol I was sure the game had changed. My era was the 70's. After that, I played and gambled on it. When I coached, I had to coach the ghetto out of kids to mold them into team players. It was impossible at the end of my coaching. The parents had made the kids hateful future inmates. Here we are 2020. Mankind is pure trash! I'm just sitn back enjoying the decay.
    agree with u on deion as much as I find him entertaining he shied away from tackling and nobody brings it up really. if u didn’t wanna get injured or wutever that’s fine but don’t say u should be higher on all time list they did few yrs back can’t have it both ways

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

I have played, coached and watched a good amount of football over my 55 years. These kids in NCAA football today are pathetic football players. Sure some are fast, athletic and have good ball skills. Offensive lines are good for the most part. A few can tackle and a whole bunch are to big of twats to want to tackle. I see these scared pucies (mostly DB's) run well past the point of when you should breakdown before you make the tackle. They go past the ball carrier and they don't even lay a finger on him. They throw their dreds back over their pads, line up and act like one bad MFer. Sorry bro your a pucie that will never be looked at as a football player by people who know the game. Your playing Halloween and dressing up like one. My generation was far to influenced by the let the child express themselves and be free thinkers and never use harsh discipline. Result: Dog shyt character, no integrity, lib tard thought(schools played a huge role in this) and just a bunch of pucie males that act like they just won the tile in the UFC. When they have never been near a fight in their life. The game will continue to decay into some version of what it was. It sucks but its something to watch.

I just turned 55 myself but this is grumpy old man "Get off my lawn" talk. Don't be that guy

What you said is true about character and the breakdown of the family unit etc., but these modern kids with their wide open offenses and smart young coaches would beat the dogshit out of teams from 25+ years ago. For the most part anyway. Example.....they had Notre Dame Fla St on classics a month ago and I watched it for a while. Boring ass plays. Slow ass players. This game today is hi-tech and despite the lack of fundamentals its far superior

I will say I hate some of these 54-45 games where nobody plays defense. Tackling is horrible for the most part

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    No.

The University and Nippert Stadium are in Cincinnati, Ohio, north of the Kentucky border.

You might be thinking of "Northern Kentucky" and the metro area as the Cincis southside, but the Bearcats are north of the border.
    Isn't UC in the hood though? I'm from Indy and love going to Cincy. I thought it was near downtown and was far from a nice college campus from what I remember? I'm astonished they recruit like they do. Maybe I'm wrong? I was on the campus around 1997 or something

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Enh depends what you call hood.....probably less crime/shootings than OSU campus...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Isn't UC in the hood though? I'm from Indy and love going to Cincy. I thought it was near downtown and was far from a nice college campus from what I remember? I'm astonished they recruit like they do. Maybe I'm wrong? I was on the campus around 1997 or something

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    You need to look at your gambling record.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

MONEY. CLEAR YOU INBOX Was sending you info on IPTV

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

I love listening to losing gamblers argue about anything.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    MONEY. CLEAR YOU INBOX Was sending you info on IPTV
    Sorry man. Clear now.

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

I'm fighting the grumpy old man shyt! Life wears on ya! Not in agreement that these high flying offenses would work in the earlier years with the Bump and run/ride em and half deshirt them with no penalty. The 50-60 passes and the 3 step hit the QB after the release no penalty would have record number of QBs hurt. The premier lines nowadays might be the difference. Cornhuskers had some great ones. Love the game! Peace
    I just turned 55 myself but this is grumpy old man "Get off my lawn" talk. Don't be that guy

What you said is true about character and the breakdown of the family unit etc., but these modern kids with their wide open offenses and smart young coaches would beat the dogshit out of teams from 25+ years ago. For the most part anyway. Example.....they had Notre Dame Fla St on classics a month ago and I watched it for a while. Boring ass plays. Slow ass players. This game today is hi-tech and despite the lack of fundamentals its far superior

I will say I hate some of these 54-45 games where nobody plays defense. Tackling is horrible for the most part

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    I love listening to losing gamblers argue about anything.
    shots fired

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    agree with u on deion as much as I find him entertaining he shied away from tackling and nobody brings it up really. if u didn’t wanna get injured or wutever that’s fine but don’t say u should be higher on all time list they did few yrs back can’t have it both ways
    Neon got paid to cover NOT tackle. I guess most people forgot how he would shut down 1 side of the field. You didn't dare throw to his side. He truly was one of only a few shut down corners that you could put on an island and he would take out your best receiver. (I played against him in college). A shut down corner is almost as important as a QB. You do not want them getting hurt trying to tackle someone.

But Deion was no punk. He could lay the hit when he needed to. He used to come on a lot of QB blitzes. He could blow up a screen as well. Dude was one of the best football players I've ever seen. He could play defense, offense, special teams, wherever you needed him. Just a pure talent, not to mention baseball. They don't make guys like him anymore. Much respect.

Mac4Lyfe

a lot of old farts just don't hang around sports enough to see the truth. Today's athlete is bigger, faster and stronger. Technology has give them a huge edge over what we had. Hell, injuries that would be career ending 30 years ago are rehabbed in a few weeks. I'd like to think I played harder, was tougher and faster than these kids but it's not true. I couldn't hack the weight room or the track with these kids today. Can you imagine a team of the 70s/80s going up an uptempo offense like Cincy or an Ole Miss? Those teams would be gassed out in the first few minutes.

Cinci is legit. They have a very good defense and a top tiered experienced QB. I see no one on their remaining schedule beating them.

Headsterx

Penn St blows out Iowa and Bearcats creeps into the Top 4...

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Penn St blows out Iowa and Bearcats creeps into the Top 4...

then to top 3 when ohio state beats psu in 2 weeks but iowa just may win here

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Honestly, I wouldn't give two shits even if they were ranked #1 as long as they keep covering and you know they're gonna try to run up the score

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    BYU is another BS school at #10.

Weakest school EVER to peak at #10.

Who does these polls? Biden???
    Goodnight sweet bit##

Thanks for the mothafu##ing cash

jtoler

then to top 3 when ohio state beats psu in 2 weeks but iowa just may win here
    if bama loses possibly ranked 3rd as early as monday morning

Headsterx

if bama loses possibly ranked 3rd as early as monday morning
    Of all the top 4 rank teams right now, I was expecting to discuss what if Roll Tide would lose...

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

yes it is surrounded by the neighborhood. Most of the real hood is down the hill. The campus is alright but you are next to the hood.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1183

Congratulations to the Bearcats!!!! We are IN the playoff!!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24737

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    Congratulations to the Bearcats!!!! We are IN the playoff!!!!
    It'd be nice to get some fresh laundry in the college playoffs.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    It'd be nice to get some fresh laundry in the college playoffs.
    Again, for mysterious reasons.... these teams that get HOT do absolutely nothing when it's ON THE LINE. They freeze up... can't handle the moment. It's like they forgot how they got here?? Oh wait... they played high school teams.. Oh... that's how they got here.

Mac4Lyfe

Cinci still has to play, UCF, Tulane, and SMU. They will be favored but could slip up like we just saw Alabama. They also have a road game at Navy which won’t be easy and I think a Friday night game at East Carolina. Not so fast my friends.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24737

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Again, for mysterious reasons.... these teams that get HOT do absolutely nothing when it's ON THE LINE. They freeze up... can't handle the moment. It's like they forgot how they got here?? Oh wait... they played high school teams.. Oh... that's how they got here.
    You do realize the playoffs we've had in recent history have been riddled with blowouts right? And that's with Power 5 contenders who "deserve" to be there. So if Cincinnati gets in and gets blown out, it'd be in keeping with tradition as we currently know it. I still don't see the problem. Furthermore, they didn't get blown out last year when faced with SEC competition so at least there's precedent.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2753

The campus is in a horrible area. Can't remember how often I received emails from the university, reporting that a student had been robbed/mugged/pistol whipped while making their way around the campus.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2753

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Neon got paid to cover NOT tackle. I guess most people forgot how he would shut down 1 side of the field. You didn't dare throw to his side. He truly was one of only a few shut down corners that you could put on an island and he would take out your best receiver. (I played against him in college). A shut down corner is almost as important as a QB. You do not want them getting hurt trying to tackle someone.

But Deion was no punk. He could lay the hit when he needed to. He used to come on a lot of QB blitzes. He could blow up a screen as well. Dude was one of the best football players I've ever seen. He could play defense, offense, special teams, wherever you needed him. Just a pure talent, not to mention baseball. They don't make guys like him anymore. Much respect.

Deion Sanders was a great athlete. No doubt about it.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    The campus is in a horrible area. Can't remember how often I received emails from the university, reporting that a student had been robbed/mugged/pistol whipped while making their way around the campus.
    That ghetto down there is one of the worst in the country. A friend of mine drove us through there one night as we were trying to get to some party. He was like we could go through the hood or go around which is much longer. I said, go through the hood. Damn, what the hell was I watching. It was like 11pm, maybe midnight and the streets were packed with folks dealing and hooking. I saw a lady changing the diaper of a baby on the roof of a car. I was clutching my nuts down there. lol

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Deion Sanders was a great athlete. No doubt about it.
    People must forget with time. Deion literally cut the field in half. Opposing teams would not dare throw on an entire side of the field because he would come up with the ball. It's not ALL the interceptions and breakup he made during his career. It was all the plays he didn't make by teams refusing to go to his side.

jtoler

nobody forgot all I said was he shied away from tackling that’s two totally different discussions

Mac4Lyfe

nobody forgot all I said was he shied away from tackling that’s two totally different discussions

"say u should be higher on all time list they did few yrs back can’t have it both ways"

No, you said he shouldn't be higher on the all time list. I haven't seen said list but ANY list of top DB's have to have Sanders on the list or that list is shit. I said Deion wasn't paid to tackle much. He was paid to cover and that's what he did very well.

How many other DBs are on that list? How many DBs have won defensive player of the year? Ed Reed, Mel Blount, Rod Woodson, Mike Haynes, Charles Woodson and Deion.

How many of these guys also scored TDs on punts, kickoffs, RUNNING THE BALL and receiving as a WR? Plus he played baseball part time. I could easily make a case that he was the best at the position. But I could also make a case for Kenny Houston as well. My father in law played with him. I never knew how bad ass he was until I researched it. He had 5 interceptions for TDs in one year and made the pro bowl 12 years in a row, all records for DBs.

jtoler

I didnt say he shouldn’t be higher on the list, I said he shouldn’t say he should be higher on the list, because of his disregard for tackling. this was the all time list of 100 of the greatest football players they had him at like 41 or 43. not too shabby considering the warriors that played.admittedly I can’t recall ever hearing about houston, before my time, but there are plenty of guys I’m familiar with that were before my time. Houston’s stats are bad ass and he is on the list as a safety. there are only 6 safeties and 7 corners

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

I didnt say he shouldn’t be higher on the list, I said he shouldn’t say he should be higher on the list, because of his disregard for tackling. this was the all time list of 100 of the greatest football players they had him at like 41 or 43. not too shabby considering the warriors that played.admittedly I can’t recall ever hearing about houston, before my time, but there are plenty of guys I’m familiar with that were before my time. Houston’s stats are bad ass and he is on the list as a safety. there are only 6 safeties and 7 corners
    Shad up troller ya lang loving jackass.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    You do realize the playoffs we've had in recent history have been riddled with blowouts right? And that's with Power 5 contenders who "deserve" to be there. So if Cincinnati gets in and gets blown out, it'd be in keeping with tradition as we currently know it. I still don't see the problem. Furthermore, they didn't get blown out last year when faced with SEC competition so at least there's precedent.
    Ok.... if there's a history of a Cinderella team that gets blown out by Power 5 contenders... then why are we placing this Cinderella team in the Top 4... or Top 6... and let them be in the playoff? I mean you just said it yourself... THEY GET BLOWN OUT. So why the hype? I'd rather see a 2 LOSS team be in the TOP 4... that had a heavy schedule... than this POS... UNCHALLENGED football team.

First 12345 ... Last