Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26319

What about Michigan? I feel like Michigan is better than Cincinnati.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    On a neutral it's probably mich -3. Not much better a team probably. Documented here that I predicted the Wolverines to have a great year btw.

Check back in 6 weeks when they've gone at mich st, at penn state, and hosted ohio state.

I think they go 2-1 or 1-2 in that stretch and if it's 2-1 the loss better not be vs ohio state or they'll be out of the playoff race because ohio state would go 11-1 and head to B1G title game over mich.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7289

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    Michigan is not better than Cincinnati. Michigan cant throw the ball and even though they are undefeated they lack playmakers.
    Ridder would be the best player on the field.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Navy +27.5.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2146

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt Moat View Post
    Ohio guy. Not seeing my Buckeyes in the playoffs. From Akron, OH. LeBron's hometown. My Zips scored 1st on them. The defense is terrible against anything resembling an offense. I don't want to see them get embarrassed by Georgia! I hope like hell Cincy gets a chance.Let em play boys. It will work its self out. If Cincy goes undefeated, I see no way they keep that team out.
    Really? GA is #1 but loses to Ala in a real close game, and OK and Michigan go undefeated. You really think they would pick Cincy over those 4?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

SoS will show it's true colors.
    Not a Cincy hater, true they beat a good but overrated Irish squad, what else?
    They beat a crappy Hoosier team, a crappy MAC team, Murray State who has no business playing any FBS team.
    Their only real test (besides ND, a test they passed) is SMU.

Michigan plays in a division (east) in the Big Ten that's STACKED.
    Four top ten teams in that division alone.

This is my take.
    This years Wolverines is to football what Magic Johnson's 1979 Sparty team was to college hoops, and Cincy is to football what Bird's 1979 Indiana State team was. Two terrific teams, one in a powerhouse conference, one was not.

This is my take Part II

Michigan might be worth a fade Saturday if you believe in the "looking ahead to the next week's game against Sparty letdown angle"

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    They beat a crappy Hoosier team, a crappy MAC team, Murray State who has no business playing any FBS team.

This is my take.
    This years Wolverines is to football what Magic Johnson's 1979 Sparty team was to college hoops, and Cincy is to football what Bird's 1979 Indiana State team was. Two terrific teams, one in a powerhouse conference, one was not.

This is my take Part II

Michigan might be worth a fade Saturday if you believe in the "looking ahead to the next week's game against Sparty letdown angle"
    I picked Michigan to win DD games preseason but I wana see how they look v mich st, penn st and tOSU

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

mich will have at least 2 if not 3 losses by seasons end don’t waste ur time on them. cincy aint going nowhere they’ve earned their position the rankings aren’t just based on this season but last season also

RM Logic

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

This is my take.

This is my take Part II

No. Northwestern is just terrible. It would be a miracle if they score more than 10 points Saturday.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    No. Northwestern is just terrible. It would be a miracle if they score more than 10 points Saturday.
    I know, I know, I was just throwing the 'look ahead" angle out there.
    Michigan had better TCB, I got that Sparty game next weekend circled.
    Hope they don't change that start time for the networks, I got next Saturday planned around football already, nine days out.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    This. N'Western - who has surprisingly good and competitive in the B1G under Coach Fitz - is simply Gawd Awful this year. they are not clicking in any of the 3 phases right now.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Navy +27.5.
    it's the Navy Boys are NO play at all.

i am just concerned because Cincy is out for blood every game and might try to win by 35.

they know they have blow everyone out in order to have a chance.

but again, if forced, i go Navy +27.5 because they run that option, they're at home, and they will spin clock and shorten the game w/ the running.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    it's the Navy Boys are NO play at all.

i am just concerned because Cincy is out for blood every game and might try to win by 35.

they know they have blow everyone out in order to have a chance.

but again, if forced, i go Navy +27.5 because they run that option, they're at home, and they will spin clock and shorten the game w/ the running.
    Navy chews up clock, and that spot is generous.
    Middies cover.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Bearcats are out of the discussion.

We can close this thread now.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post

Not yet. A lot of football left.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post

What we have here on SBR is a bunch of kids with ADD! Nobody remembers earlier in 2021 when UC had Georgia beat and they escaped with a long fg. UC is pretty good! They didn't look great today, but they beat ND and they beat Indiana a helluva lot easier then Sparty did. Sparty had like 54 yards at half vs Indiana but got lucky with a pick-6.

For some reason I do think UC was better last year. I don't know how many seniors they lost

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

You barely beat Navy….should not be ranked

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That is what you call a bad win

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    You barely beat Navy….should not be ranked
    Navy is MILES AHEAD of Kansas in cfb. So take OU out if you take UC out

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Do not disagree here …

Fred The Hammer

Gundy has went for FGs twice on 4th/short. Last one was 4th/foot and he misses a fg? I'm on Ok St +7 pretty big today. I think they can run all day on OU and might run the table if they get this one

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Gundy has went for FGs twice on 4th/short. Last one was 4th/foot and he misses a fg? I'm on Ok St +7 pretty big today. I think they can run all day on OU and might run the table if they get this one
    i hate spencer sanders

i tuned into this game when oklahoma was up 21-17... iowa state took the lead and this spencer scrub couldn't do anything with 2 drives after going down

everything is a bad read or a quick throw hoping his WR does the work for him after... 3rd and 5 with under 2 min left

they RAN the ball to shorten 4th down because the coaches don't even trust him

4th and 2 game on the line they do another stupid quick pass where you have to hope the other guys block people and the guy can get the yards after the catch on the line of scrimmage or behind it

Iowa State wins good thing taking the points

be careful betting Okie State going forward... Sanders is a bum that's my whole point with this post. every game going forward they are capable of losing outright as well

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6482

…and keeping with the theme 'Bama's got to go, right? They LOST to a 2-loss Texas A&M, who lost to a 3-loss Miss. St., who lost to a 4-loss Memphis…

That's why they play the games. College kids, any given day. Fuk the committee, and opinions in general for that matter. Let 'em play.

homie1975

Cincy still at #2 in both polls.

Know why?

Because the media and coaches know that having to go to Annapolis and play the triple option team on just one week prep is USUALLY a tough game.

The voters were not going to punish them for a close hard fought win.

If some of u folks actually knew what "body of work" meant vs "one game sample" and "recency effect" meant, u might win more wagers than u lose instead of pissing money away annually.
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave homie1975 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Know why?

Because the media and coaches know that having to go to Annapolis and play the triple option team on just one week prep is USUALLY a tough game.

If some of u folks actually knew what "body of work" meant vs "one game sample" and "recency effect" meant, u might win more wagers than u lose instead of pissing money away annually.
    Cincy haters were waiting for a game like this so they could pounce, but the Bearcats are subject to human emotion like any other team. It's tough to get up for every single game, especially an academy school who's going to shorten the game and come for your legs on every down. The outcome of the game was never really in doubt and that's what matters.

RM Logic

Know why?

I hope Cinci can win out and find a way in the playoffs.
    When the committee comes out with their week 1 rankings after next weeks games I doubt Cinci will be #2.
    They have made it clear thru the years it is who they think the 4 best teams are, not the 4 most deserving.
    Barring upsets it probably will be 1. Georgia 2. Ohio State 3. Alabama 4. Cincinnati 5. Michigan/ Mich State winner.6. Oklahoma.

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

I don't think anyone should really punish Cincy for playing like shit against Navy. Lots of powerhouse teams have trouble playing those triple option teams, even with a bye week to prepare. If they win out, they deserve a shot... even if they get the crap kicked out of them

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Alabama lost to a 2 loss, unranked Texas A&M team and Bama already back at #3

SEC bias is alive and well

With that said, Bama is prolly the 2nd best team in the country

Headsterx

This is it! The last weekend before the first CFP rankings come out. Even if Cincy blows out Tulane today, the Mich/Mich St winner, OK, and Ala will leap frog over Cincy in the rankings w/ Georgia being #1, ofc.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    This is it! The last weekend before the first CFP rankings come out. Even if Cincy blows out Tulane today, the Mich/Mich St winner, OK, and Ala will leap frog over Cincy in the rankings w/ Georgia being #1, ofc.

Not necessarily. It's still a beauty contest so it depends on how the mich v mich state winner looks. Mich state not very "pretty".

Oklahoma? Cincy should be ranked higher imo based on pure results week in and week out.

We'll find out soon. Let's see how these top teams all look today. It will matter a lot.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    mich will have at least 2 if not 3 losses by seasons end don’t waste ur time on them. cincy aint going nowhere they’ve earned their position the rankings aren’t just based on this season but last season also
    didn’t take long although refs didn’t call numerous pass interferences on state last 3 min

homie1975

Common opponents:

Oklahoma beat Tulane by 5 pts in norman. Yes it was rattler back then at qb not williams. Sooner D gave up 35 pts that day.

Cincinnati just beat Tulane by 19 at tulane.

The committee has got to discuss these types of things when comparing top teams in the discussion.

Headsterx

Common opponents:

Oklahoma beat Tulane by 5 pts in norman. Yes it was rattler back then at qb not williams. Sooner D gave up 35 pts that day.

Cincinnati just beat Tulane by 19 at tulane.

The committee has got to discuss these types of things when comparing top teams in the discussion.
    Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit... here come Alabama, Oklahoma, and Michigan St. Cincinnati say hello to the "good ol' boy clubs"...

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit... here come Alabama, Oklahoma, and Michigan St. Cincinnati say hello to the "good ol' boy clubs"...

Cincinnati in all likelihood will be ahead of Oklahoma in the first CFP ranking on tue. Probably will be ahead of mich st too.

First ... 2345678 ... Last