ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Will NBA Unvaccinated affect the line?

The NBA’s Anti-Vaxxers Are Trying to Push Around the Association

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...covid-1231988/

Conspiracy theories in the locker room. Mask police in the arena. Superstars trying to avoid the shot. After bringing back the culture from Covid, basketball confronts its own civil war

This month, league officials caught a break: Two of America’s most progressive cities, New York and San Francisco, would require pro athletes to show proof of one Covid-19 vaccination dose to play indoors, except with an approved medical or religious exemption.

The NBA had relied on science above all to lead the sports world through the Covid nightmare, from the league’s outbreak-driven shutdown to a pandemic-proof playoff bubble in Disney World to game after game with fans back in the stands. But after two plagued seasons of non-stop nasal swabbing, quarantining and distrust, unvaccinated players were pushing back. They made their case to the union summit: There should be testing this year, of course, just not during off-days. They’d mask up on the court and on the road, if they must. But no way would they agree to a mandatory jab. The vaccine deniers had set the agenda; the players agreed to take their demands for personal freedom to the NBA’s negotiating table.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Unvaccinated players should be banned for life from the NBA. They can go play overseas.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Unvaccinated players should be banned for life from the NBA. They can go play overseas.
    Not without proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

No. Covid is over.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    NBA players should get tested for antibodies. And so should the rest of the US. That is what they're doing in the UK.

Most of the people that have Covid are vaxxed.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Who gives a fukk about the NBA? I had a winning season last year and have no desire to even bet it this year. I will probably still bet some prime time games and the Xmas slate but the sport and the culture surrounding it are just trash.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

cancel NBA fuk em
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    cancel NBA fuk em
    This

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16678

There are some players unvaxxed, I assume we don't know all of the players yet... But yes I can see this affecting the lines.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

i just dont get why anyone have not got the shot by now.it make 0 sense