thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

except most of the time they lose that game by 6 in ot

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    except most of the time they lose that game by 6 in ot
    Mel Tucker was going for TD in OT to cover the original spread of -5. They had the ball on the 1 yard line and instead of kicking an easy fg, he had 2 running attempts before settling on 3rd down.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by gshock1 View Post
    Mel Tucker was going for TD in OT to cover the original spread of -5. They had the ball on the 1 yard line and instead of kicking an easy fg, he had 2 running attempts before settling on 3rd down.
    ya i saw it

they did have a bad hold on a fg before though so i cant blame him

nebraska also gave up a punt return for a td with like 3 minutes left and almost threw a pick 6 on their overtime possession

it was a wild ride for sure

Smokey McPot
    Smokey McPot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3863

I had the great number on Nebraska +5.5 and was still very lucky to get the win. Even in a good spot it’s hard to bet on them, Frost literally sucks that bad.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

even though its the 1 yd line the last 5 yrs Ive lost all confidence in kickers. on 1 yd line and 1st down Id try to run it in at least twice also I definitely wouldnt be kicking on 1st down, if he misses or bad hold or snap people would be saying why didnt u try to score a td cant win either way lol

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    even though its the 1 yd line the last 5 yrs Ive lost all confidence in kickers. on 1 yd line and 1st down Id try to run it in at least twice also I definitely wouldnt be kicking on 1st down, if he misses or bad hold or snap people would be saying why didnt u try to score a td cant win either way lol
    It was the right move trying to score the TD, even though as it was happening I wasn't so happy about it. Like I said in the other post, his holder already dropped a snap. I would have done the same run twice and kick on 3rd down.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey McPot View Post
    I had the great number on Nebraska +5.5 and was still very lucky to get the win. Even in a good spot it’s hard to bet on them, Frost literally sucks that bad.
    Yeah, it really is a joke how many mistakes they make in every game. They are the type of team you take points when you get them and go against when they are favored.

Smokey McPot
    Smokey McPot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3863

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Yeah, it really is a joke how many mistakes they make in every game. They are the type of team you take points when you get them and go against when they are favored.
    Was such a good spot and shouldn’t have been that much of a struggle.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

You kidding me? Any coach would try to punch it in just as Tucker did. He's just trying to win the damn game. If he was really concerned with covering the spread he would've tried again on 3rd down like you would a normal possession, but he sent out the kicking unit early so they had a mulligan just in case of a mishandled snap.