d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

To win/earn worthwhile money, you need: 1. good bankroll; 2. skill; 3. time to invest; and 4. a variety of outs with good limits.

Depending on the extent of these factors, the sky's the limit.

P.S. No "handicapping" required.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

Invest in crypto currency and dont waste your time and energy in sports.

Algorand

BNB

Harmony (one)

choose one and let your money work for you.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

There is no scale involved if you are one of the rare gifted math guys you can win but they’re not really gamblers so they have great discipline

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

You can learn to manage a bankroll at any amount. That is all it takes. The game selection is the easy part.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    There is no scale involved if you are one of the rare gifted math guys you can win but they’re not really gamblers so they have great discipline
    Don't have to be that "gifted". Knowledge, experience and discipline more important. And of course there is scale involved in terms of how much you can make. It takes money to make money. You can build up, it just takes longer.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

I think maybe just work hard and save your money.

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Professional gamblers like me are the greatest athletes in the world
    1 notch above racecar driver

Mr. Peepers

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I agree with the bigger the bankroll.. the more powerful you are. 20 years ago... you could feel good at making around an extra 1k a week or whatever. With the cost of living now... what good is an extra 1k a week in regards to the actual stress you put into it?? That 1k should be at least 2k now... if not more.

So why exactly are we sports wagering for peanuts now? Like... either do it seriously... or don't do it at all.
    Exactly. You play to win. If you can’t win money gtfo. I know it’s just an example and the value of the dollar is going down but $1000 per week on a $50,000 BR would still be sweet. $1000 per week is still $52,000 per year. That more than covers all of my hard expenses.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peepers View Post
    Exactly. You play to win. If you can’t win money gtfo. I know it’s just an example and the value of the dollar is going down but $1000 per week on a $50,000 BR would still be sweet. $1000 per week is still $52,000 per year. That more than covers all of my hard expenses.
    $50,000 static bankroll is weak. Now if you can grow and retain, then fine. Hard to peg an exact number because it depends on the number of outs, the limits and the ease/time for moving in and out. But generally, the more the better. General rule if the limits are good, I'd like to see $50k+ at each and every out. So if that's 5 books that's $250k.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

I do it as a hobby!! I cant watch some of these garbage games on tv unless i have a bet!!

Runeblade
    Runeblade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I'm studying Math now starting from basic to the most advanced courses. I'm looking at a couple years worth of time.

jjgold

Go put that 50,000 in the stock market you will outperform any sports gambler in the world long-term
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: thechaoz

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

It's pointless unless you're like me who can bet 3 or 0 games a week and maybe even just a couple a month. For example, last week I took SF -3 and Denver -3 because to me, those were locks of the week. I'm not I'm touching anything this week.

Or, take the big favorites that almost "can't" lose and live with smaller winnings.

jjgold

degenerates convince themselves they can win

Mr. Peepers

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    $50,000 static bankroll is weak. Now if you can grow and retain, then fine. Hard to peg an exact number because it depends on the number of outs, the limits and the ease/time for moving in and out. But generally, the more the better. General rule if the limits are good, I'd like to see $50k+ at each and every out. So if that's 5 books that's $250k.
    $250.000 starting BR is not realistic and no way is there any book minus 1 or 2 that I would trust having over 30k at for extended period of time

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peepers View Post
    $250.000 starting BR is not realistic and no way is there any book minus 1 or 2 that I would trust having over 30k at for extended period of time
    What about the US state books? You don't trust having money there? And yes, you can win at these books although some will eventually slow you down.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    It's pointless unless you're like me who can bet 3 or 0 games a week and maybe even just a couple a month. For example, last week I took SF -3 and Denver -3 because to me, those were locks of the week. I'm not I'm touching anything this week.

Or, take the big favorites that almost "can't" lose and live with smaller winnings.
    Well that's certainly not a way to make good money. Need +EV with volume to win a decent amount. The more volume the better.

Mr. Peepers

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    What about the US state books? You don't trust having money there? And yes, you can win at these books although some will eventually slow you down.
    I wasn’t considering US state books. That’s not an option yet in WI but hopefully in the next 3-5 years that is available

First 12