Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Broncos are the trap this week.

Jags should have never been favorites at Houston last week and now the books scared everyone off of the Jags.

Jags too easy this week.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

maybe getting 6. but you bet bad teams like JAX you get shit on your hands. GL

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Jags should have never been favorites at Houston last week and now the books scared everyone off of the Jags.

Jags too easy this week.
    It doesn't impact my handicapping but if the books wanted people on Jacksonville they put a 7 up, not a 6.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

Always liked Bridgewater, but I agree here. Denver overvalued after beating a Giants team that has been a disaster in their homes games the last few seasons.

Biggest problem Jax had was the coaching. Beyond bad that Meyer would have a rookie QB throwing the ball that many times in the opening half instead of trying to run the football.

Jax's defense didn't play that badly. The offense screwed them over the entire game with 3 and outs and turnovers. I'd expect this to be a close game.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Jacksonville LOL

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18947

The Broncos were a competent and motivated team. They have a bottom-end starter at QB and depth at RB. I didn't see anything more to them than that, yet they scored 34 points in the 1st 3 quarters and they could have scored more if they had put the hammer down. The Jaguars defense wasn't awful but it's hard to see them winning a game. Lawrence looked like a film actor playing the role of QB. He's a physical specimen and he knows the playbook but he doesn't have any of the NFL nuance. It'll be hard to take the Jaguars plus less than 7 against anyone. They won't go win-less and they'll cover some spreads, but it's hard to predict when and where. This could be 1 such cover. Pass on this game.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

just know that they've now lost 16 regular season games in a row

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Jacksonville LOL
    Totally agree. This is going to be one of the worst offenses in the last 15 years.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 192

Pass

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    It doesn't impact my handicapping but if the books wanted people on Jacksonville they put a 7 up, not a 6.
    That's why he's saying the Broncos are a trap, the line is enticing DEN action not deterring it.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Pass
    double pass
    Points Awarded:

johnnyvegas13 gave JayDr3am 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Is anybody taking Jacksonville money line?

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2013

Posting here during TNF proves you already lost your TNF bet.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Is anybody taking Jacksonville money line?
    there are plenty of NFL games and college games to round out a few plays

nobody should have to PLAY anything in jags games entire season unless you are tossing their opponents in "ML parlays" when they are big underdogs

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    The Broncos were a competent and motivated team. They have a bottom-end starter at QB and depth at RB. I didn't see anything more to them than that, yet they scored 34 points in the 1st 3 quarters and they could have scored more if they had put the hammer down. The Jaguars defense wasn't awful but it's hard to see them winning a game. Lawrence looked like a film actor playing the role of QB. He's a physical specimen and he knows the playbook but he doesn't have any of the NFL nuance. It'll be hard to take the Jaguars plus less than 7 against anyone. They won't go win-less and they'll cover some spreads, but it's hard to predict when and where. This could be 1 such cover. Pass on this game.
    I took away something different. besides the picks lawrence looked rather good to me in some of the throws I saw and bridgewater isnt a bottom end starter. its not easy to win games at qb in the nfl and if u have a winning record doing it then u are more than a capable qb. I think we get caught up in automatically comparing any qb to the highest echelon of qbs and right away discard them, but bridgewater is a career 27-23 as a starter, nothing to discard. for reference cousins is 51-52 as a starter.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Broncos D will feast IMO

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I took away something different. besides the picks lawrence looked rather good to me in some of the throws I saw and bridgewater isnt a bottom end starter. its not easy to win games at qb in the nfl and if u have a winning record doing it then u are more than a capable qb. I think we get caught up in automatically comparing any qb to the highest echelon of qbs and right away discard them, but bridgewater is a career 27-23 as a starter, nothing to discard. for reference cousins is 51-52 as a starter.
    Fair enough. Agree to disagree. It was Week 1 and it was my 1st ever look at Lawrence. My analysis was he made system plays. He had completions when the play was designed to get 1 guy open and where guys sat down in the holes in zone. When receivers were in 3 yards of space and he could gun the ball to them he was fine. Everyone else he pretty much struggled to hit. He was inaccurate partly because his throwing mechanics and footwork were poor. With time and a clean pocket those issues won't be a problem. Without time and a clean pocket he'll rush throws and the mechanics will make him more inaccurate. He didn't have pocket presence so he didn't slide away from pressure and he stared receivers down. Again, it's Week 1 and i'm sure he'll improve but it wasn't his knowledge of the plays/playbook that let him down. Big athletic guy, big arm, but so not ready to play.

There are about 24 QBs, (maybe 1 or 2 more or less), that most people think are QBs that could win a Super Bowl. The top 16 or so could win on mediocre teams. The rest of them could win if their teams are otherwise elite. Below those 24 QBs there are bottom-end starters, back-ups, and prospects with potential. Bridgewater is a bottom-end starter, along with Winston, Darnold, Jones, Hurts, Minshew, Foles, Lock, Fitzpatrick, Newton and maybe a few others. Teams will give them starting jobs in the short-term but they're looking to upgrade in the near future. For the most part they're competent QBs who can have good seasons. It's not an insult.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

game smells like caca ..pass

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I don't know the Broncs coming down from the mountain top to play in the hot and humid Florida sun. I can see the Jagoffs putting up a home opening fight here to the tune of covering late in the 4th when that humidity sets in.

You want a trap how about the Rams going east to take on Indy. I think Indy will cover the hook.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10327

We probably shouldn’t underestimate how bad some of these legacy college coaches can be in NFL

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    I don't know the Broncs coming down from the mountain top to play in the hot and humid Florida sun. I can see the Jagoffs putting up a home opening fight here to the tune of covering late in the 4th when that humidity sets in.

You want a trap how about the Rams going east to take on Indy. I think Indy will cover the hook.
    The Week 1 1st half Carson Wentz could cover. The Week 1 2nd half Carson Wentz could be benched for multiple INTs.

johnnyvegas13

Lean under here maybe

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Meyer going to rally? Or will he quit at halftime?

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post

There are about 24 QBs, (maybe 1 or 2 more or less), that most people think are QBs that could win a Super Bowl. The top 16 or so could win on mediocre teams. The rest of them could win if their teams are otherwise elite. Below those 24 QBs there are bottom-end starters, back-ups, and prospects with potential. Bridgewater is a bottom-end starter, along with Winston, Darnold, Jones, Hurts, Minshew, Foles, Lock, Fitzpatrick, Newton and maybe a few others. Teams will give them starting jobs in the short-term but they're looking to upgrade in the near future. For the most part they're competent QBs who can have good seasons. It's not an insult.
    "that most people think". you seem to be taking your analysis from the general public, which can sway from week to week, instead of cold hard stats. again bridgewater is a qb above .500 in the win column for his career after 50 starts. cousins is a game under .500 in 103 career starts and he has had bonafide teams the last few years and still has 7-9, 8-8 type seasons. bridgewater went 11-5 in minny. put hurts on those minny teams hell he prob makes conf. finals or super bowl. and there arnt 16 qbs that would win on mediocre teams only maybe 5, the rodgers and wilsons of the world could, tom brady, and a couple others. I think wilson started out 5-0 last year with the worst defense in the league. teddy b. will change your mind this year and you will have to move him up a tier.

thomorino

Denver's defense is a top 5 unit, and Jacksonville has no offensive line. Bridgewatwr has been very consistent too, he almost never has letdowns.

johnnyvegas13

Denver's defense is a top 5 unit, and Jacksonville has no offensive line. Bridgewatwr has been very consistent too, he almost never has letdowns.
    No they r not top 5

u r talking me into Jax +6 here

thomorino

No they r not top 5

u r talking me into Jax +6 here
    Wrong, they are top 5, strong at every level..You are a dumb shit.

johnnyvegas13

Wrong, they are top 5, strong at every level..You are a dumb shit.
    They r not top 5 and 90% of the forum will agree w me

thomorino

They r not top 5 and 90% of the forum will agree w me
    Wrong, Von miller is as good as any linebacker in the nfl, Simmons is as good as any safety, then they also hae Kyle fuller, chubb, the defense is loaded.

Fangio is one of the best defensive coaches in the league too

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    That's why he's saying the Broncos are a trap, the line is enticing DEN action not deterring it.
    There's nothing limited about Bridgewater, he's made this team a playoff team.

jtoler

Wrong, Von miller is as good as any linebacker in the nfl, Simmons is as good as any safety, then they also hae Kyle fuller, chubb, the defense is loaded.

Fangio is one of the best defensive coaches in the league too
    its only 1 game played so far but so far they are ranked 8th in yds allowed. last year they were ranked 21. they have some names but it hasnt translated into a top defense but that is prob because last year the offense was poor which meant more time on the field for the defense. with a better offense they should be ranked in top 10 this yr if the offense can keep them off the field.

thomorino

its only 1 game played so far but so far they are ranked 8th in yds allowed. last year they were ranked 21. they have some names but it hasnt translated into a top defense but that is prob because last year the offense was poor which meant more time on the field for the defense. with a better offense they should be ranked in top 10 this yr if the offense can keep them off the field.
    Last year the offense was trash, so it was impossible to evaluate the defense because they were out in so many bad positions. They are as talented as almost any defense in the lesgue

johnnyvegas13

Either jags or jets r covering or winning

prob stay away from these two gms

jtoler

people will call me crazy but lawrence in spurts reminded me of peyton manning. its only 1 game dont forget manning had 3 picks in his first start too

johnnyvegas13

people will call me crazy but lawrence in spurts reminded me of peyton manning. its only 1 game dont forget manning had 3 picks in his first start too
    I dunno I said in a preseason thread he would bust

time will tell

being drafted into the jags makes it tough either way

12 Last