KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Right now I been eating away my Bitcoin earnings from October of last year until mid May when I sold. Lost over -10k of about +45k in profits during that time span.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Jerky you got to make a move
    Gold, don't encourage any other than patience.

Jerky, keep that keel even...

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    This brings up another good teaching point for beginners and even those veterans who can get to a 55% to 60% win rate. Very few bettors realize that nearly 95% of the time you can expect to be behind. With proper money management your expectation is still to see new highs in account value only 5% of the time.

This is the reality of the mathematics of the situation. But this lesson is more psychological. If you know that this condition exits then you can better cope with it, not chase losses, and not constantly feel like you are behind and have to “make a move” to get caught up simply because your roll is less than its highest point.

Eliminate the psychological need to catch up and you are bound to make better decisions moving forward. This thinking may not add a winning play to your day, but it sure as hell may take you off of a losing play.

In sports betting, a penny saved in this fashion is most certainly a penny earned.

That post is from January of 2016.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    ...Future looks quite gloomy with no confidence to pick winners right now.
    This is a far bigger problem than just being down for a season.

This problem is much harder to solve, or can be, and I can relate here for sure. Let me do some research Jerky, dig into some of my own writings, and see if we can work on this condition.

It's very real and you are in the middle of the fire right now, but all is not hopeless.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Gold, don't encourage any other than patience.

Jerky, keep that keel even...

That post is from January of 2016.

This is a far bigger problem than just being down for a season.

This problem is much harder to solve, or can be, and I can relate here for sure. Let me do some research Jerky, dig into some of my own writings, and see if we can work on this condition.

It's very real and you are in the middle of the fire right now, but all is not hopeless.

KVB you’re always looking out for me like a good wiser uncle would do. I appreciate your efforts on trying to get me through this negative funk.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Jerky KVB is 100% correct. WhenI have lost confidence in the past I would get tanked af. We’re talking showing up to the store at 7:01 a.m. as soon as you can buy it and just getting BLASTED. It def worked a couple times but had me making way too many dumb plays other times.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Jerky KVB is 100% correct. When I have lost confidence in the past I would get tanked af. We’re talking showing up to the store at 7:01 a.m. as soon as you can buy it and just getting BLASTED. It def worked a couple times but had me making way too many dumb plays other times.
    40 ounce of cheap malt liquor morning ghetto style maybe? Fits the bill for you KIdBaz, who would have guessed?.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Oh yea jibbbs? D12? Lol what did you go to YouTube and type “40oz rap song” in the search bar? Buddy just remember this, by the time I’m your age you will most likely be dead or very close to it. Pretty soon you’ll pass through my body and be nothing but my shit.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

sell few stocks at high end...

First 12