flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Greetings from District 3 in Saigon today, God Bless to all.

It’s unbelievable and chaos everywhere. I escaped back up to the north right before lockdown. I had to pay $1,200 to get to Hanoi during the extreme measure. I hid in the back of a car during each checkpoint. My flight from Los Angeles to Singapore had 23 people. My flight from Singapore to Hanoi had 8 people. Wuhan Style lockdown now.

Points Awarded:

manny24 gave flyingillini 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CWD

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

stay safe ese keep us posted guey

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

I stopped caring after “ my flight from LA to”….ah, who am I kidding I don’t give a chit about you
    you’re getting exactly what you deserve

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How hard to get hookers right now?

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How hard to get hookers right now?
    Impossible. Can’t even go to the store. Government is bringing food. Complete lockdown
    Points Awarded:

jagaf22 gave flyingillini 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Impossible. Can’t even go to the store. Government is bringing food. Complete lockdown
    What kind of food are they bringing? Not familiar with Vietnam cuisine. I'd bet is much healthier than burger and fries and donuts.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

Basic take out.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Basic take out.
    As of today no more deliveries. Army only.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    What kind of food are they bringing? Not familiar with Vietnam cuisine. I'd bet is much healthier than burger and fries and donuts.
    Rice and vegetables and some meat. I wouldn’t live in Saigon if you paid me. The place sucks. Saigonase people don’t listen that’s why the military is there. It wouldn’t happen in the north.

flyingillini

This is why they brought the military in. They don’t listen in Saigon. This was yesterday

This was my building today, two suicides.

flyingillini

Saigon is crazy now.

🇻🇳Plan to ensure food for 10 million people in Ho Chi Minh City in 15 days

Dan Tri - Senior Lieutenant General Vo Minh Luong said that the army coordinated with the police, industry and trade to work together to solve food and food problems for nearly 10 million people in Ho Chi Minh City in the next 15 days.

Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam chaired the meeting with Ho Chi Minh City (Photo: VGP).
    On the afternoon of August 20, the Government's Special Working Group on the implementation of Covid-19 prevention and control in the southern provinces had a meeting with the leaders of Ho Chi Minh City on implementing the conclusions of the Prime Minister at the meeting. On the evening of August 19, in order to implement more strictly and substantively than Directive 16, apply a number of stronger, more drastic and more effective measures.

At the meeting, Senior Lieutenant General Vo Minh Luong, Deputy Minister of National Defense, Head of the Government's Special Working Group said that the military force will set up special working teams with the participation of veterans. , women, young people ... both do propaganda, campaign, and supervise people to strictly implement the isolation and bring food, food, security packages, and treatment packages to each people's house.

In addition, the military medical force will also join with mobile medical stations and community health teams to treat and provide medical support for Covid-19 infected people who are being treated at home as well as medical cases. other emergency.

To ensure food and food for nearly 10 million people in 15 days, Senior Lieutenant General Vo Minh Luong asked ministries and branches, including the army, police, and industry and trade to cooperate in solving this problem.

Vice Chairwoman of the People's Committee of Ho Chi Minh City Pham Thi Thang said that from August 23, people in Ho Chi Minh City will ensure the implementation of the regulations on social distancing "who stays where they are", isolating houses from houses and residential groups. isolation of residential groups, isolation of neighborhoods/hamlets, isolation of wards/communes/towns, isolation of wards/communes/towns.

Accordingly, the city estimates essential items according to nutritional value, from which to calculate the specific and detailed quantity of goods (rice, sugar, fish sauce, cooking oil...) per day.

The city is directing the Department of Industry and Trade, coordinating with 24 districts, Thu Duc city and deploying to wards/communes to count the number of convenience stores, convenience stores as well as survey people's needs. then tighten it one step further, not letting people go to the market by themselves, but organizing "supply" in 2 forms (people pay for themselves and receive free support).

Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee Nguyen Van Nen attended the meeting with government leaders from the top of the city bridge.
    In the spirit of "anti-epidemic must keep the people safe", Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee Nguyen Van Should requested to limit the damage, affecting the people in particular, and social security work in general. The actions involved must be commensurate with the proposed measures and objectives. The whole political system of the city will focus on fighting the epidemic with the support of the army, police, ministries and central branches, strictly implementing social distancing to fight the epidemic (testing, removing F0). , manage F0 treatment at home, organize vaccination…) effectively.

Along with anti-epidemic, Mr. Nguyen Van Should noted the safety of the people through medical care, ensuring the supply of goods and food to each person's home, especially having to fully support, "not to miss any anyone", especially those who are difficult and have no conditions.

Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam reiterated the motto "Clear-Strictly-Effective" right from the first days of Ho Chi Minh City implementing social distancing in accordance with Directive 16. In the coming time, the city must continue to thoroughly grasp the method. This guideline in implementing social distancing, pay attention to ensuring safety issues such as accommodation, health care, etc. for the people.

With the strengthening of the army, police, and medical forces to support the city in fighting the epidemic, the Deputy Prime Minister requested that coordination activities and combat synergies must be specific and detailed.

For example, the city, the Ministry of National Defense, the Ministry of Public Security, and the Ministry of Health have united the necessary forces to go out to the streets to perform their duties. This force must be vaccinated against Covid-19, regularly tested, strictly controlled, to ensure that they do not contract Covid-19 and do not infect others.

jjgold

I do not even know if lockdowns work unless force people to get vaccinated

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

You should be in the US where none of this nonsense is happening

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    You should be in the US where none of this nonsense is happening
    Brock , look at Israel , 1 out of 150 people have Covid now. It’s a fact , every single person is going to get Covid. Some will get sick , some won’t , some will die , some won’t. Lockdowns don’t work. Get vaccinated!

Mike Huntertz

Brock , look at Israel , 1 out of 150 people have Covid now. It’s a fact , every single person is going to get Covid. Some will get sick , some won’t , some will die , some won’t. Lockdowns don’t work. Get vaccinated!
    I don't agree with your thought "we're all going to get it" but things are getting worse not better.
    Stay safe illini.
    A grim warning from Israel: Vaccination blunts, but does not defeat Delta | Science | AAAS (sciencemag.org)

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Bro post some pics from a whore house when they are out of their hazmat suits. And fukk Israel, they should of thought about not getting sick when they crucified the one guy who was like “hey, maybe we shouldn’t be doing some of this stuff” Inhave no sympathy for Christ killers.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 992

Illini, real talk- you are a smart guy and a guy with money. Why did you choose to live over there? It just feels volatile and I wouldn’t be able to navigate it. Not hating whatsoever, I just don’t really have the desire to live outside the US. Maybe I’m the idiot for saying that.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24762

At least its not as bad as they have it in District 9.

Covid is messing them up.

via GIPHY

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Which carrier did you take from LAX to SIN? I always fly Singapore Air. Great food. Attractive flight attendants. Great service.

Here's a pic of the flight attendant on my flight last year.

jjgold

Illini got it all

Mike Huntertz

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Illini got it all
    Yup, even valet service from the military for 2 weeks.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Illini, real talk- you are a smart guy and a guy with money. Why did you choose to live over there? It just feels volatile and I wouldn’t be able to navigate it. Not hating whatsoever, I just don’t really have the desire to live outside the US. Maybe I’m the idiot for saying that.
    I’m fortunate to live anywhere I want. I have traveled to 18 countries. I’ve been all over south east Asia multiple times. I’m familiar with each country. I fell in love with this part of the world especially Vietnam ( Hanoi) I came here 8 years ago, lived in Shenzhen, China as well. I love living here. I can speak Vietnamese so that helps. Is amazing here. Better food , better beaches, better girls , better gambling, it’s cheap and the quality life is great and it’s a peaceful beautiful country. People kill to live where my home is in Santa Barbara it’s very desirable, I’ll take Hanoi over anywhere America has to offer any day of the week. You have to come for a month , get adapted to life here. It will change your life. There are so many Americans and foreigners from other areas like me. You come here and don’t want to ever leave !

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Which carrier did you take from LAX to SIN? I always fly Singapore Air. Great food. Attractive flight attendants. Great service.

Here's a pic of the flight attendant on my flight last year.

I always fly Singapore Airlines, I love Kris miles ! Great airline
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: QuantumLeap

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 992

I’m fortunate to live anywhere I want. I have traveled to 18 countries. I’ve been all over south east Asia multiple times. I’m familiar with each country. I fell in love with this part of the world especially Vietnam ( Hanoi) I came here 8 years ago, lived in Shenzhen, China as well. I love living here. I can speak Vietnamese so that helps. Is amazing here. Better food , better beaches, better girls , better gambling, it’s cheap and the quality life is great and it’s a peaceful beautiful country. People kill to live where my home is in Santa Barbara it’s very desirable, I’ll take Hanoi over anywhere America has to offer any day of the week. You have to come for a month , get adapted to life here. It will change your life. There are so many Americans and foreigners from other areas like me. You come here and don’t want to ever leave !
    Great response. Would love to visit other countries more often. That was my plan until the last 18 months. Speaking the language certainly helps. Ya know, I started my business 10 years ago and although I could travel and do all that I just have not pulled the trigger. I can live pretty much anywhere but would have to be engaged with business affairs back here as well. Also, having young children certainly keeps me here but long term I plan to travel a bit more. 18 countries is quite impressive, I'm not as well traveled. Appreciate your perspective. I'll definitely check it out. Did you travel all those countries before you settled on Hanoi or did you just fall in love and say "fukk it, this is my place"... Pretty cool either way.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

I lived and worked in Singapore for a few months on my employer's dime. It changed my life like you say.

I went back early last year to Singapore and the Philippines before COVID got so bad. When I left the main sentiment I got about the place is that the people who live there are so polite.

I've lived in major US cities most of my adult life. It can be cut-throat to the point where other people don't give a shit about you and I even understand that. They want any leg up on the good salaries one can get here.

But living in Asia gives a person a break from all that. I'll probably only live there part of the year after I retire and then come back to the US the other part of the year.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Bro he likes the whore houses and the fact they don’t make you wear a glove. I know he just posted a long response but he’s all about the little Asian whores. Good guy btw.
    Points Awarded:

MinnesotaFats gave KiDBaZkiT 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Illini, do the girls there prefer white cawk over their own kind?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Enjoy Nam!! Nice place to be when there isn't Covid and what not.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

flyingillini

Great response. Would love to visit other countries more often. That was my plan until the last 18 months. Speaking the language certainly helps. Ya know, I started my business 10 years ago and although I could travel and do all that I just have not pulled the trigger. I can live pretty much anywhere but would have to be engaged with business affairs back here as well. Also, having young children certainly keeps me here but long term I plan to travel a bit more. 18 countries is quite impressive, I'm not as well traveled. Appreciate your perspective. I'll definitely check it out. Did you travel all those countries before you settled on Hanoi or did you just fall in love and say "fukk it, this is my place"... Pretty cool either way.
    I’ve been to 18 countries but I focused on this part of the world. In 67 days I went to Myanmar (Burma) , Singapore, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam , Thailand, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Philippines, Cambodia, Nepal and Jakarta. That was a hell of a trip. I loved every single place I went to except the Philippines, that place is not my style and don’t like anything about it. Cambodia is awesome and I often go there. I don’t care for Thailand that much but it’s so close I go often. Before Covid I spent most of my time traveling between Vietnam and China , I have a 10 year **** for China. But I fell in love with Vietnam and I went back to California. At the time I owned a successful bar in the heart of San Francisco, I sold it and came back to Vietnam for a month and traveled all over the country. I fell in love with Hanoi. You will find expats in Vietnam like myself that either love the South or the North. I do like visiting the beaches in the south but I prefer the life in the north. Plus , Vietnamese is an extremely difficult language to learn. It’s a tonal language, it has 6 tones. I went to Hanoi University to learn so I speak and listen with a Hanoi accent, it’s difficult to communicate in the south for me , even Vietnamese people have trouble understanding each other. Different slang , different tones etc etc. it’s the most peaceful country you can possibly go to , the friendliest people , best food and everything is so close. It takes me 90 minutes to go to Bangkok , 85 minutes to Hong Kong , 3 hours to Singapore, 2.5 hours to Malaysia, one hour to Laos, 3-4 hours to Beijing and Shanghai. I was fortunate wheh I was younger with financial decisions that allowed me to do all this. I go back to Santa Barbara once a year but as of this year, I own property there plus it’s where I’m from , I’m going to go back twice a year from now on , my dad is getting older , but I can’t see myself ever living in America again. The only drawback about Vietnam is being able to stay here , most countries have a retirement **** etc. Vietnam is very difficult to stay long term but I made connections so I have that taken care of. Feel free to pm me , I’ll give you my # and can answer any questions. It’s a great life , I’m 47 years old and in 10 years total (8 in Vietnam and China) I’m on my 3rd passport, 56 pages each. I’m experiencing (travel wise ) what people dream of.
    Points Awarded:

teacher10 gave flyingillini 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Illini, do the girls there prefer white cawk over their own kind?
    White and Korean

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

White and Korean
    LOL

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

illini stay safe homie

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    illini stay safe homie
    Always homey!! Definitely next year we will get together. I’ll be back April 1st.
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave flyingillini 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

12 Last