bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

There are a small percentage of people who will abuse anything.

Drinking
    Smoking
    Eating
    Shopping
    Gambling
    Sex

And on & on & on

It's not anything in particular that's the problem.

It's the persons who have no willpower to remain in control no matter what it might be

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    There are a small percentage of people who will abuse anything.

Drinking
    Smoking
    Eating
    Shopping
    Gambling
    Sex

And on & on & on

It's not anything in particular that's the problem.

It's the persons who have no willpower to remain in control no matter what it might be
    There's more to it than that.

For example, dopamine agonists have the side effect of excessive gambling...like Parkinson's medication.

There is a specific mechanism at work here.

It's not just a person and will power. That's a gross oversimplification.

This is my life's work and I've studied the pscyhology and psychobiology associated with gambling for years. I've seen research shift paradigms and uncover new things about the brain.

There's a thread in the Handicapper's Think Tank about going on TILT. I've started to address it, starting at the beginning. It might give you some insight into the complexity of the problem.

Some psychology of gambling is an important thing for any successful gambler to understand. Willpower doesn't solve everything and holes in the armor of willpower often have underlying causes.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

It should be illegal for swaggy p to post here
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KiDBaZkiT

mem5757
    mem5757's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    There's more to it than that.

For example, dopamine agonists have the side effect of excessive gambling...like Parkinson's medication.

There is a specific mechanism at work here.

It's not just a person and will power. That's a gross oversimplification.

This is my life's work and I've studied the pscyhology and psychobiology associated with gambling for years. I've seen research shift paradigms and uncover new things about the brain.

There's a thread in the Handicapper's Think Tank about going on TILT. I've started to address it, starting at the beginning. It might give you some insight into the complexity of the problem.

Some psychology of gambling is an important thing for any successful gambler to understand. Willpower doesn't solve everything and holes in the armor of willpower often have underlying causes.

right. ask anybody who has successfully quit gambling, they don't use will power. anybody trying to use will power will always return to betting. this is what Alan Carr's best selling book "the easy way to stop gambling" says.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mem5757 View Post
    right. ask anybody who has successfully quit gambling, they don't use will power. anybody trying to use will power will always return to betting. this is what Alan Carr's best selling book "the easy way to stop gambling" says.
    Haven't read that book but could write one myself I'm sure.

What helps the most to anyone willing to quit or change behavior, etc, is this basic knowledge.

Telling someone to just increase will power does not reflect this basic knowledge.

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Gambling addiction is real

So funny how a simple thread about the evils of gambling have triggered so many. Just goes to show how many gambling addicts there are on here who refuse to admit they have a problem. I am doing you pathetic losers a favor by telling you that gambling is a destructive behavior and you will be better off for it if you just stop. But the fact is that this bitter truth is very hard to swallow for you addicts. I understand because I was there myself a few years ago but the difference between me and you people is that I toughened up and had the courage to admit that I had a problem and that I needed to stop. You all can do the same too by accepting the fact that you are all addicts and realize how much damage this is doing to yourselves and your families. God has a much better plan for you. A plan that will make your lives a whole lot happier and less sinful. I sincerely ask you all to admit that you have a problem with this and to get help as soon as possible. I know I did and I am extremely grateful for it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

I don't gamble; I invest in sports outcomes.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Bro do you go into Catholic Churches and preach blasphemy? Gtfo you hamburger. Before you do, who does your losing ass like tonight?????

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

My gambling days are long gone. My sports handicapping days, well, that's a totally different story.

goceltics
    goceltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6263

My only addiction is whore mongering in Asia. Gambling just feeds my addiction.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

i've already accepted if i lose my whole roll that i've been building up that its my fault for picking losers.. in the past I just take time off till I have a new roll ready and it's the right time of year (best sport) to start gambling again

don't risk what you can't afford to lose.... easy as that

thedenthead
    thedenthead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Mr. Righteous over here lol

beantown34
    beantown34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3348

Bible doesnt really address gambling. "games of chance" is vague

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

saloon this shiiit.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6207

Reload already

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153468

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    So funny how a simple thread about the evils of gambling have triggered so many. Just goes to show how many gambling addicts there are on here who refuse to admit they have a problem. I am doing you pathetic losers a favor by telling you that gambling is a destructive behavior and you will be better off for it if you just stop. But the fact is that this bitter truth is very hard to swallow for you addicts. I understand because I was there myself a few years ago but the difference between me and you people is that I toughened up and had the courage to admit that I had a problem and that I needed to stop. You all can do the same too by accepting the fact that you are all addicts and realize how much damage this is doing to yourselves and your families. God has a much better plan for you. A plan that will make your lives a whole lot happier and less sinful. I sincerely ask you all to admit that you have a problem with this and to get help as soon as possible. I know I did and I am extremely grateful for it.
    when was the last time you made a wager?

when was the last time you had the urge to make a wager?

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia

Too many people losing money and getting into deep financial trouble. It is an evil industry doing great social damge to people's lives. There is a reason why gambling is considered a sin.
    no i think its just you. why dont you go to a GA forum.. gtfo

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    i've already accepted if i lose my whole roll that i've been building up that its my fault for picking losers.. in the past I just take time off till I have a new roll ready and it's the right time of year (best sport) to start gambling again

don't risk what you can't afford to lose.... easy as that
    Stop trying to justify your addiction. I can guarantee that you have lost much more than you've won.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by goceltics View Post
    Tell us more

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    no i think its just you. why dont you go to a GA forum.. gtfo
    I am not going anywhere until I've helped at least one person to break his or her addiction

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia

Stop trying to justify your addiction. I can guarantee that you have lost much more than you've won.

lets see your betting history son

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

so should these bitches we call golddiggers

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by beantown34 View Post
    Bible doesnt really address gambling. "games of chance" is vague
    It's a sin. Just accept it.

carolinakid

we all sin everyday when we wake up

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    SwaggyP, how much did you lose?
    I actually won much more than I lost but it wasn't worth the stress and worsening mental health

carolinakid

so is being married but people deal with it everyday ^^^^^^^^

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by goceltics View Post
    Let me guess, Thailand? Have fun getting STDs.

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by thedenthead View Post
    Mr. Righteous over here lol
    It has nothing to do with righteousness. I'm not here to boast and tell how much I'm better than everyone. I'm here to help.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Swaggy that's awfully general advice that most certainly does not apply to everyone here.

Yet you seem to think it does.

Nobody argues that gambling addiction is real, but every person that makes a bet is not addicted. If you truly got the help you seem grateful for then not only would you be more humble, but you'd also be more educated.

Not everyone abuses cold medicine because you like to.

See what I did there?

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 848

Ha! ChristianMingle has a forum too! Go over there with your plan pal!

Again, how much did you lose?

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7800

You can't outlaw stupidity. MOst gamblers are just dummies.

No clue at all and expect to lose.

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    we all sin everyday when we wake up
    Sin is a choice. It is up to us to do the right thing thing and reject evil.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

It has nothing to do with righteousness...
    ...There is a reason why gambling is considered a sin.
    Swaggy you seem confused.

You're approach is misguided.

Go back to your counselors and ask them what they think is the best way to share your newfound good news on a sports betting forum.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 848

I actually won much more than I lost but it wasn't worth the stress and worsening mental health
    Fair enough pal. If you are super stressed about a bet, probably can’t afford to bet. I don’t even watch the games I bet on.

First 12345 Last