Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Luka Doncic + Damian Lillard 🏀

Would it work?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Anything would work with those 2 on any team.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

Would depend on the other pieces, damn good start there though.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

LeBron

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

both ball hogs

NO

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Lillard + Embiid is what I want to see. That's the closest thing you're going to get to Kobe + Shaq in the modern era.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Need a quality big man that can block shots, score and rebound

Little punks never work out

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

Coach the poker room is back up at Rivers.

Meet up?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

Mark Cuban is a bitch...will never win again

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Lillard + Embiid is what I want to see. That's the closest thing you're going to get to Kobe + Shaq in the modern era.
    Lame Dollar is a one trick pony. Deep shots that’s it. Not great at anything else. He doesn’t even belong in the same discussion as Luka. Embiid is never going to win shit. He’s a regular season hero. No killer instincts. Lame dollar isn’t strong enough to do anything in the paint on a consistent basis. Guy has a god damn equality sign tattooed inside of a heart? What’s he Fukkin gay? Why do you want to penetrate him and Durant so bad?

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Why do you want to penetrate him and Durant so bad?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KiDBaZkiT

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18961

What about Lillard, Lebron, AD?

My theory is it takes 3 all stars to make a team capable of NBA champion?

Both Dallas and Portland are short 2 all stars.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Mark Cuban is a bitch...will never win again
    Yep. Just another owner who understands the concept of selling out seats... and who cares where the MAVS end up. Look at the Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Tigers... all Ilitch owned. Owners realizing budget more than anything... and they're making millions and dumb ass fans still buying seats. No owner really cares about championships anymore... Cuban attends games just for face time exposure.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Luka and Mccollum would be a better duo than Luka and Lillard

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Luka and Mccollum would be a better duo than Luka and Lillard
    I agree with this. Lillard is an All-Star for any NBA team. But he hasn't done sh#$ in the playoffs his entire career. You can blame all the coaches in the world... but if you can't play defense... please fukk off.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I agree with this. Lillard is an All-Star for any NBA team. But he hasn't done sh#$ in the playoffs his entire career. You can blame all the coaches in the world... but if you can't play defense... please fukk off.
    He's one of the best playoff performers in NBA history. He ended 2 series on playoff buzzer beaters. No one in the modern era has ever done that.

This guy dropped 55 and 10 in the first round on 24 shot attempts. Again, no one has ever done that in the modern era. That included 2 game tying shots when they were down 3.

Stastically, Lillard is the clutchest player in nba history. Look up the stats.

This year, Lillard was 1st in clutch stats as ranked by every espn metric. Points, fg percentage, most shots hit in final 5 seconds, ft percentage, 3 point percent, and most wins.

I'm not just saying first overall, I'm saying Lillard was first in every single category.

​You can argue with feelings, but these are the facts.
    Points Awarded:

bosigga gave Goat Milk 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153180

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    What about Lillard, Lebron, AD?

My theory is it takes 3 all stars to make a team capable of NBA champion?
    salary cap

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Would it work?
    Sure it would, Dallas needs a true PG

Goater makes an interesting point, you would what? move Ben to the 2 guard obviously Dame will run the Sixers point.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    salary cap
    I'm hearing AD is back with Lebron.
    I'm also hearing is they can't run Harrel out of town fast enough, he pissed off a slew of people.
    Kuzma is as good as gone, Schroeder too, that dope turned down how much? 22 million for four years or something.

Lebron they say loves Caruso.
    KCP stays, Drummond will be back for insurance.

I really don't know what LA is going to do with Matthews, I guess he moves on too.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16011

Mavs need to go after Anthony Davis. Lillard doesn't doesn't move the needle much for them -don't think he'd be receptive to being the #2 guy anyway.

I reckon he can be had. He's already flirted with the Bulls. If Lakers don't bounce back strong next season he's a goner...

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I'm hearing AD is back with Lebron.
    I'm also hearing is they can't run Harrel out of town fast enough, he pissed off a slew of people.
    Kuzma is as good as gone, Schroeder too, that dope turned down how much? 22 million for four years or something.

Lebron they say loves Caruso.
    KCP stays, Drummond will be back for insurance.

I really don't know what LA is going to do with Matthews, I guess he moves on too.
    You mean 88mil? He might still get that. He's young, fast, skilled. Bit of a headcase but as far as ability goes he's only going to get better. Lots of teams need a pg upgrade.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    You mean 88mil? He might still get that. He's young, fast, skilled. Bit of a headcase but as far as ability goes he's only going to get better. Lots of teams need a pg upgrade.
    Yeah 22 per for 4 is what I was trying to say.
    Yeah, that's the knock on Schroeder, he's a headache.

Who needs a PG?
    How hurt is Kemba?
    You would think Cleveland is satisfied with their Sexton/Garland tandem.

Miami may be a fit.
    Word is they are down on Hero.

What's Rose's status in NYC?
    I don't know his contract deal.

IBetYou

Bulls are the first team that comes to mind -Satoransky has disappointed them/ Arci can't shoot/ White is a bust!

Knicks signed the Argentine guard so I actually think they'll be ok with that. Rose more a 2-guard for them.

HEAT might be looking to deal Dragic -no "source" on that, just think they need to go a bit younger. HEAT need a reliable 3rd star that isn't going to get injured.

Celtics are trading Walker and I pity the team that bites (I'm partial to the Mavs so here's hoping they don't make a bunch of terrible moves again). Celtics will be looking for a starting pg since Smart is better as a combo guard.

IBetYou

Dragic would be a great fit in Dallas. They only need someone to handle the 2nd unit for the 10mpg Doncic is on the bench, and the Dragon is primed for that. <-----'17 Eurobasket title team reunion there

stevenash

Bulls are the first team that comes to mind -Satoransky has disappointed them/ Arci can't shoot/ White is a bust!

Knicks signed the Argentine guard so I actually think they'll be ok with that. Rose more a 2-guard for them.

HEAT might be looking to deal Dragic -no "source" on that, just think they need to go a bit younger. HEAT need a reliable 3rd star that isn't going to get injured.

Celtics are trading Walker and I pity the team that bites (I'm partial to the Mavs so here's hoping they don't make a bunch of terrible moves again). Celtics will be looking for a starting pg since Smart is better as a combo guard.
    I'm a UConn home boy.
    Kemba is held in the same regard as Geno up here.
    I love him, but... he'll never be 100 percent again.
    Ever.

BuckyOne

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    salary cap
    Agreed / Lebron should just play for the veteran minimum. What he would make in endorsements for one more championship would pay him back for lost salary. He has all the money he would ever need / he is the one that needs to pay for the next championship / not the Lakers?

IBetYou

Geno the women's basketball coach? Or Geno the dancer?

stevenash

Geno the women's basketball coach?
    Yeah.
    He can run for Governor up here and win in a landslide.
    He's a god here in Connecticut.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153180

Agreed / Lebron should just play for the veteran minimum. What he would make in endorsements for one more championship would pay him back for lost salary. He has all the money he would ever need / he is the one that needs to pay for the next championship / not the Lakers?
    he would never do that. also, he already signed an $85M/2yr extension in December

stevenash

Lebron's hanging around just to play with his son for a season.
    He's in LA now not to play ball, but for Hollywood.
    You hear him after the Laker loss in that post game presser?

He said "I'm going to rest my ankle for a month, than concentrate on "Space jam" yadda yadda yadda

He's preparing for post NBA life.
    Which is cool, but if you listened to him, movies and Hollywood is now his first priority, you can tell. that's my take away from that presser anyway.

TheMoneyShot

He's one of the best playoff performers in NBA history. He ended 2 series on playoff buzzer beaters. No one in the modern era has ever done that.

This guy dropped 55 and 10 in the first round on 24 shot attempts. Again, no one has ever done that in the modern era. That included 2 game tying shots when they were down 3.

Stastically, Lillard is the clutchest player in nba history. Look up the stats.

This year, Lillard was 1st in clutch stats as ranked by every espn metric. Points, fg percentage, most shots hit in final 5 seconds, ft percentage, 3 point percent, and most wins.

I'm not just saying first overall, I'm saying Lillard was first in every single category.

​You can argue with feelings, but these are the facts.
    LOL I knew you would give your 2 cents in here... and next question... WHAT THE FUKK HAS HE WON???

Lillard is like the Anna Kournikova of Tennis! lol absolute joke. All hype. No results.
    Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 06-10-21 at 07:32 PM.

BuckyOne

I do not disagree with what you guys are saying about Lebron. Sounds like he would not even want to win a championship if people would say it was not him that won it.

But, in theory, I think the Lakers need another superstar to win the NBA again. A lot of teams are using Lebron's 3 superstar theory and have gotten better. Money will not work but they are one short.
    Last edited by BuckyOne; 06-10-21 at 08:18 PM.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

hell yeah it would work..truthfully I do think Dallas will be on the market for a #2 guy behind Luka but I dont know if they have the assets to pull Lillard..McCollum maybe but not Lillard.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Need a quality big man that can block shots, score and rebound

Little punks never work out
    Fawk you JJ

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Never and I mean NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER compare that bum Embiid to Shaq again. Lillard to Kobe is a stretch too, but at least Lillard has some of Kobe's traits.

12 Last