stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 33619

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Never and I mean NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER compare that bum Embiid to Shaq again. Lillard to Kobe is a stretch too, but at least Lillard has some of Kobe's traits.
    Dame is an elite in a cursed organization.
    Never had a supporting cast.

Gets drafted with Will Barton by Portland who has Aldridge in his prime and a bunch of bench guys.
    Not his fault he's got nobody to play with.

CJ is a nice piece, but he's not Middleton, Booker, soft PG13, Mitchell, or Beal.
    How is Dame going to win anything with Nurkic and CJ
    CJ ain't Booker, and Nurk ain't Ayton, Joker, or Gobert, or Embid.

My God, look at the some of the stiffs Dame carried on his back to the playoffs in the past.
    Myles Leonard., Harkless, Crabbe, Ed Davis....

I would keep Dame and blow up the rest of the roster.
    Clips too.

TheMoneyShot
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Never and I mean NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER compare that bum Embiid to Shaq again. Lillard to Kobe is a stretch too, but at least Lillard has some of Kobe's traits.
    Goat smoking that cheap Detroit sh#$ again.

TheMoneyShot
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Dame is an elite in a cursed organization.
    Never had a supporting cast.

Gets drafted with Will Barton by Portland who has Aldridge in his prime and a bunch of bench guys.
    Not his fault he's got nobody to play with.

CJ is a nice piece, but he's not Middleton, Booker, soft PG13, Mitchell, or Beal.
    How is Dame going to win anything with Nurkic and CJ
    CJ ain't Booker, and Nurk ain't Ayton, Joker, or Gobert, or Embid.

My God, look at the some of the stiffs Dame carried on his back to the playoffs in the past.
    Myles Leonard., Harkless, Crabbe, Ed Davis....

I would keep Dame and blow up the rest of the roster.
    Clips too.
    You're too nice to him Nasher. I'm sorry... he'll never be a leader. He isn't that clutch. He wears out by the 4th quarter. He's not a Kobe. Big Shot Chauncey Billups made more clutch 4th quarter shots than him during the Pistons Championship run. I guarandamnteeit Dame will never win a Championship. He's just what an owner wants... like watching a wrestling match.... oooooosssssss and ahhhhhsssss. I'm not saying Dame isn't entertainment... he clearly is. But he's not an all around championship basketball player. He just gets people in to fill the seats... all hype... nothing more.

IBetYou
    Betpoints: 16784

Billups was one of 4 stars on that Detroit team - Prince too. Lillard is just on a mediocre team, similar to Doncic.

Lillard could use teammates like the Wallace boys, with Hamilton & Prince on the Wings. Doncic would do well with a guy like Garnett up front and Ray Allen his backcourt buddy -as what Pierce had. Those are what championship teams look like. Guys like Nurkic & KP are big question marks come playoff time (see GOAT... I am unbiased to Euros).

IBetYou

Reckon the Mavs were hoping KP would be the Garnett to Doncic's Pierce, or AD to Doncic's James. Maybe he just needs to get stronger -can he? The skill is clearly there.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Billups was one of 4 stars on that Detroit team - Prince too. Lillard is just on a mediocre team, similar to Doncic.

Lillard could use teammates like the Wallace boys, with Hamilton & Prince on the Wings. Doncic would do well with a guy like Garnett up front and Ray Allen his backcourt buddy -as what Pierce had. Those are what championship teams look like. Guys like Nurkic & KP are big question marks come playoff time (see GOAT... I am unbiased to Euros).
    KG
    OMG

Garnett was playing PF for over a decade on (hate to use this word again) *elite* level, not just all star level on shitty T-Wolves teams and got national exposure on TV maybe 4 times in 10 years.

Goes to Boston and he's on game of the week once a week.

*off topic*
    Same with Stafford, with the Lions he was on national TV once a year, Thanksgiving.
    Now he's with the Rams, I checked the upcoming TV schedule (because I'm just a researching nerd geek lol) Stafford will be on Fox's game of the week/MNF/SNF this upcoming year TEN times.

LA and it's fancy Rams get TEN isolated games of the week this season.

jtoler
    Betpoints: 6379

porzongis prob won’t be playing with doncic a whole lot longer don’t think they’re fond of one another just a vibe

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    porzongis prob won’t be playing with doncic a whole lot longer don’t think they’re fond of one another just a vibe
    Cuban took a chance on Zinger, didn't overpay.
    Gave up what? A decent back up center Jordan, and a couple of off the bench guys like Dennis Smith and a decent Wes Matthews.

Remember, now Dallas got Hardaway Jr. in that deal too.
    Mavs did OK in that deal.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Yeah, didn't see a lot of interaction between the two, which is unusual for a couple of stars in an intense 7-game series.

First 12