Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153504

Hawks vs. Sixers price?

if this matchup happens in round 2, what would you make the price?

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Sixers -1200.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I’d say Philadelphia -850, Atlanta is healthy now and Philadelphia has been trash on the road all year so I don’t see -1200, but Atlanta is a small team with Capela at the 5 and young at the point, Philadelphia has a lot of size with embiid, Harris, Simmons.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

do you think Collins would play any defense in that series?

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    do you think Collins would play any defense in that series?
    No I like Collins, I think he will be an all-star, but his interior defense is trash. Atlanta to me is too young, they need to lose in the playoffs to get some experience. I do think Philadelphia will be vulnerable on the road though, they just haven’t been able to win consistently on the road all year.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Atlanta's defense is bad, but they can score with the best of 'em. They're like the Portland of the East. Bogey is an absolute bucket and Trae will drive defenses crazy with his ability to get in the lane for runners or alley-oops. Hunter being healthy helps them immensely. The series with the Knicks is gonna be a war.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Atlanta's defense is bad, but they can score with the best of 'em. They're like the Portland of the East. Bogey is an absolute bucket and Trae will drive defenses crazy with his ability to get in the lane for runners or alley-oops. Hunter being healthy helps them immensely. The series with the Knicks is gonna be a war.
    It will be interesting to see what Hunters role is with Bogdonavich healthy, he isn’t getting many minutes right now.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

They're not like Portland of the East at all. Portland has one of the top 3 or 4 players in the world, and one of the top 5 shooting guards, and a better center, and has Melo and Kanter coming off the bench... ATL doesn't even have one top 20 player in the league.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    It will be interesting to see what Hunters role is with Bogdonavich healthy, he isn’t getting many minutes right now.
    I'm assuming Hunter was just on a minutes restriction after being out for so long. Ideally they'd like to start both.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    They're not like Portland of the East at all. Portland has one of the top 3 or 4 players in the world, and one of the top 5 shooting guards, and a better center, and has Melo and Kanter coming off the bench... ATL doesn't even have one top 20 player in the league.
    We get it... You're in love with the Blazers. But objectively speaking, these teams are comparable. Melo is just a name brand scorer who is a liability on defense. Hawks have Gallinari and Lou Williams off the bench who can light it up too. Sure, the Blazers have greater star power, but you're kidding yourself if you think they're leaps and bounds better than the Hawks as a team. If they were matched in a series, the price would be virtually a pick'em.

thomorino

We get it... You're in love with the Blazers. But objectively speaking, these teams are comparable. Melo is just a name brand scorer who is a liability on defense. Hawks have Gallinari and Lou Williams off the bench who can light it up too. Sure, the Blazers have greater star power, but you're kidding yourself if you think they're leaps and bounds better than the Hawks as a team. If they were matched in a series, the price would be virtually a pick'em.
    Lillard isn’t a top 4 player, but Portland would definitely be favored against Atlanta, young and Collins have never even played in a playoff game.

Goat Milk

Price doesn't matter, price is just a matter of perception in order to draw even money on both sides. Objectively speaking, I think most ppl know that Lillard is a top 5 player in the world, and maybe the best playoff performer of the last decade. Also objectively speaking, CJ Mccollum is just as good as Bradley Beal. Lillard is obviously much superior than Westbrook. So Portland has the best backcourt in the nba by every logical thought you want to consider, aside from the Nets of course, who are by far the favorite to win it all considering they have 3 of the top 8 players in the world on one team, which has never happened before in nba history.

Just trying to help ppl on this site, if ya'll don't wanna accept facts so be it.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Lillard isn’t a top 4 player, but Portland would definitely be favored against Atlanta, young and Collins have never even played in a playoff game.
    You're right, he's top 3.

It goes KD, Lebron, then Lillard. He's outplayed Curry in their h2h throughout their entire careers. And that's when Klay Thompson was guarding him, frequently dropping 50 on Thompson's face while also defending steph on the other end. He's the only guy in the modern NBA to end a series on a buzzer beater on 2 occasions. He took a team where Myers Leonard and Harkless were starters playing huge minutes to the WCF.

You will soon change your mind, don't worry.

Eddy Munny

Price doesn't matter, price is just a matter of perception in order to draw even money on both sides. Objectively speaking, I think most ppl know that Lillard is a top 5 player in the world, and maybe the best playoff performer of the last decade. Also objectively speaking, CJ Mccollum is just as good as Bradley Beal. Lillard is obviously much superior than Westbrook. So Portland has the best backcourt in the nba by every logical thought you want to consider, aside from the Nets of course, who are by far the favorite to win it all considering they have 3 of the top 8 players in the world on one team, which has never happened before in nba history.

Just trying to help ppl on this site, if ya'll don't wanna accept facts so be it.
    So the best playoff performer in the last decade doesn't have a ring? Or even an appearance in the Finals?

I mean I'm not holding that against Lillard because I acknowledge the importance of the entire team, whereas you're just getting lost in a player's ranking against the field. Trae is a top 20 player, I'm not even a fan to be honest, but in the modern era of NBA, with the way games are officiated, he's a nightmare for opposing defenses. And Bogey is an ELITE shooter, not just some guy who can hot. Capela, Hunter, and Collins are all above average players, just hella young.

Let's stop pretending the Blazers are world beaters, they're talented but flawed. When you can't get stops and regularly have to post 120+ just to get by, you inevitably run out of steam against good teams... And that's what the playoffs are made of, good teams.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Don’t really have anything to add about the series

as Sixers are pretty much a no brainer but nowhere near worth with the price

but poster Orbison and EddyMunny are the real deal

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Paul/Booker and Lebron/Schroeder are better backcourts. Lillard/CJ the 2nd best scoring backcourt but weak all around players.

Goat Milk

So the best playoff performer in the last decade doesn't have a ring? Or even an appearance in the Finals?

I mean I'm not holding that against Lillard because I acknowledge the importance of the entire team, whereas you're just getting lost in a player's ranking against the field. Trae is a top 20 player, I'm not even a fan to be honest, but in the modern era of NBA, with the way games are officiated, he's a nightmare for opposing defenses. And Bogey is an ELITE shooter, not just some guy who can hot. Capela, Hunter, and Collins are all above average players, just hella young.

Let's stop pretending the Blazers are world beaters, they're talented but flawed. When you can't get stops and regularly have to post 120+ just to get by, you inevitably run out of steam against good teams... And that's what the playoffs are made of, good teams.
    Lillard is just entering his prime now, and Lebron and Jordan who are all time greats never won rings till they turned 29. Plenty of amazing playoff performance don't have finals apperances in history.

He's never played with a single superstar his entire career. Not one. Meanwhile, his contemporaries all have played with elite players.

Lillard will get a ring before he retires. And he'll go down as a top 5 pg in nba history when it's all said and done.

Look at KG. This guy busted his ass in the playoffs, then finally went to Boston and got his ring when he finally played with some talent.

You really can't do much in the NBA when you're the only top dog. It's a miracle lillard was able to get to the WCF with that shitty ass team.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Paul/Booker and Lebron/Schroeder are better backcourts. Lillard/CJ the 2nd best scoring backcourt but weak all around players.
    Lillard is much better than Paul.

Lebron is a SF not a SG. Pope is the SG.

Lillard is a weak all around player? Lmao. The guy averages 30 and 7 assists every year.

Eddy Munny

Lillard is just entering his prime now, and Lebron and Jordan who are all time greats never won rings till they turned 29. Plenty of amazing playoff performance don't have finals apperances in history.

He's never played with a single superstar his entire career. Not one. Meanwhile, his contemporaries all have played with elite players.

Lillard will get a ring before he retires. And he'll go down as a top 5 pg in nba history when it's all said and done.

Look at KG. This guy busted his ass in the playoffs, then finally went to Boston and got his ring when he finally played with some talent.

You really can't do much in the NBA when you're the only top dog. It's a miracle lillard was able to get to the WCF with that shitty ass team.
    You're illustrating my point... Lillard may be elite, but his team isn't. The Hawks are probably a better overall team, albeit with less experience. They would push Portland to 7 games at worst.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Hawks were balling down the stretch but not sure.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

76ers -650 to draw action on both teams

also depends if the Hawks look dominating beating the Knicks in this scenario

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

You said cj is as good as Beal? Bro seriously take a day off.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You said cj is as good as Beal? Bro seriously take a day off.
    You told me to take a day off when I had one of the best days of my career on the last day of the season. Silence.

Yeah CJ would average 30 too if he played on a shitty team. Beal is the same exact player as CJ.

What has Beal ever done?

thomorino

You're right, he's top 3.

It goes KD, Lebron, then Lillard. He's outplayed Curry in their h2h throughout their entire careers. And that's when Klay Thompson was guarding him, frequently dropping 50 on Thompson's face while also defending steph on the other end. He's the only guy in the modern NBA to end a series on a buzzer beater on 2 occasions. He took a team where Myers Leonard and Harkless were starters playing huge minutes to the WCF.

You will soon change your mind, don't worry.
    Lillard has never outplayed Curry, which is why he’s never beat him in the playoffs, Giannis is better than Lillard too, as is Harden. Lillard is top 10 not top 5.

thomorino

You told me to take a day off when I had one of the best days of my career on the last day of the season. Silence.

Yeah CJ would average 30 too if he played on a shitty team. Beal is the same exact player as CJ.

What has Beal ever done?
    Beal is bigger than mccollum, he is a better finisher.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Is embiid playing? last time i checked hes been injured for awhile. serious question

OT trey young is the real deal even though hes just now getting his feet wet but he will be playoff ready, hes easily a top tier player and a point guard at that

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

any guesses now with Embiid's status as day to day? it's hard to imagine he'll be able to play each game in this series, even half of them might be unrealistic?

ThanksForTheFade
    ThanksForTheFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1864

It's hard to gauge how good atl is because of how worthless julius Randle is. Knicks woulda lost to anyone from what I've seen, so without Embiid its atl a small fav.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Atlanta had the best record in basketball since April 1

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

anyone see a price anywhere yet? can't find anything

WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo
    WireWire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32027

Going HEAVYYYYY on Hawks

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by WireWire View Post
    Going HEAVYYYYY on Hawks
    Even as a favorite if Philly only -6 today will they even be favored?

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    Sixers -1200.
    Not a chance with embiid hurt

thomorino

I’d say around -650 with questions about embiid a healthy

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    any guesses now with Embiid's status as day to day? it's hard to imagine he'll be able to play each game in this series, even half of them might be unrealistic?
    He has a meniscus tear and a history of injuries, Obiladelphiabhas also been trash without him this year, I see a price around -650

12 Last