ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

My former 6/1 Baylor's odds are going down fast, if.....? And the Georgetown fiasco?

They join the elite 8 Saturday? Until then, my Book doors are closed. My guess, if they win Saturday, they will drop down to 5/2? 2/1, maybe? No way.
    Did we have some genuine snoozing gamblers on SBR?

Is this the STUNNER of the tournament so far? 96/73
    [* This question at least for today] for someone's far better sports mind that can explain Georgetown's shellacking from COLORADO?

They were murdering teams, pretty well the past 4 games, shutting them down defensively.

FINAL

Georgetown
    (13-13)

23 50 73

Colorado
    (23-8)

47 49 96
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Georgetown's last 4 games while winning the Big East and shutting down CREIGHTON 73/48--guess who Creighton plays Sunday?
    Georgetown was only allowing about 55 points a game until they met ..who, oh, Colorado.

vs MARQ
    W68-49

vs 14 VILL
    W72-71

vs HALL
    W66-58

vs 17 CREI
    W73-48
    Full Schedule

6d
    Hoyas history; Colorado uses 3s to dismiss Georgetown 96-73
    — Chances are, you can fit Colorado's entire NCAA Tournament history on the back of an old Patrick Ewing jersey. And now Ewing is part of that history, too.

Before:
    Ewing still speechless over Georgetown's Big East tourney run.
    Wait till after the next game, Patrick.
    After....?

Ewing, Georgetown take Big East, NCAA bid with stunning rout
    — Patrick Ewing is taking Georgetown back to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2015 after the eighth-seeded Hoyas completed a surprising run to a Big East championship Saturday night with a stunning 73-48 rout of No. 17 Creighton.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19551

Georgetown was 9-12 before the conference tournament. They aren't a good team but rather a mediocre team that got hot for a few days; that explains their smashing at the hands of Colorado.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

those were also teams they were familiar with colorado was a good and experienced team that presented a new look

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    those were also teams they were familiar with colorado was a good and experienced team that presented a new look
    This makes more sense. How about this one; our future champs: The Illini ??
    Last edited by ABEHONEST; 03-26-21 at 03:12 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Baylor easily can with this thing

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Abe your top 10 here sharpness

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    This makes more sense. How about this one; our future champs: The Illini ??
    Id like to think illini were never as good as people say even though I bet way more thank I watch so I didnt see them enough, bad draw for them getting loyola in 2nd round. another thing, for the big east final, didnt watch but I wouldnt doubt if mcdermott rolled over in that game, wasnt gonna hurt his team much to lose also him the conference getting another school in and helping out a bball great who's trying to make his way head coaching and lifts a little heat off of ewing if there was any.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Id like to think illini were never as good as people say even though I bet way more thank I watch so I didnt see them enough, bad draw for them getting loyola in 2nd round. another thing, for the big east final, didnt watch but I wouldnt doubt if mcdermott rolled over in that game, wasnt gonna hurt his team much to lose also him the conference getting another school in and helping out a bball great who's trying to make his way head coaching and lifts a little heat off of ewing if there was any.
    My opinion 3 months ago: Too erratic. Great athletes can get so wound up before huge games, they not only lose focus but lose crispy decision making, too.
    My opinion a week ago? Praying they don't lose focus and crispy decision making.

Suggs was like this against St Mary's 2 games ago. 3 fouls, few errors and not much else.
    He bounced right back the next game against BYU, though. More focus for sure.

Suggs can get Gonzaga beat if he doesn't control his high-strung emotions.
    I say, he's the best basketball college athlete since....yep, MJ. And already more mature, and is probably more muscular at the same age as MJ?

He will have to stay injury free to soar in the NBA.
    I doubt he will stay injury free too long because of his reckless style of playing with that full court awareness, and with that blistering speed.
    Ouch already.