Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

2 doz chocolate glazed
    A couple honeybuns

Krispy Kreme of course
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyasports View Post

Fatty are you fat like homer simpson ?
    Simpson ehh
    Fats.... with the "Total T" lol come on man.... does it really work? Go run some labs and let me know. I think you're wasting your money. There's a few videos on YouTube indicating it doesn't increase Testosterone or Free T.

BTW... Nice ride my man!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24843

Jay, talk of CFL re-formation. You know I love my CFL. I like the league w/ only 9 teams.

I always thought there should be one more team to even up the schedule. Halifax in Eastern Canada made sense.

If you go back in the history books...CFL already tried an expansion that crossed into the States. Didn't really catch on. But there is a need for a tier2 league.

I just hope they don't use NFL rules. You know that I consider CFL to be a superior form of entertainment. Can't beat the massive field and wide-open play.

NFL could actually learn from CFL. One of the reasons for all the concussions is BIGGER/STRONGER players playing in compact space. At some point, the NFL needs to make the field wider (at a minimum).

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

I believe Vegas had a team during the 90's expansion

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

You must consider the competition in the decades they played.
    Do that and you cannot simply pick only 1 or 2.
    Did Jordan have comparable competition from Kobe? I say not.

Some of these greats were from another planet.
    Do not overlook JB?
    Jim Brown, the unstoppable freight train, even when he ran at slow speeds sometimes.

Bird must be in that group, too. A man playing injured so many, many times, and yet, the greatest all-around NBA player, ever.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

jordan

brady always has something attached to when he won... tuck rule, spygate years, winning because the other team makes incredulous mistakes/historic failures with the lead and or victory in hand

faces rams SB 53 who should've of even been there

throws 3 picks in a row vs pack but his defense bails him out then KC loses LT as they close in to a super bowl birth and have to use a modified patch work line...

easy choice
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

if we're including coaches I suppose youd have to add Phil Jackson

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I'm replacing Ba e with Ohtani

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    I'm replacing Ba e with Ohtani
    I don't think Ohtani has done enough so far, originally you said overall dominance, Babe Ruth way better candidate just going off accomplishments - besides, even this year Guerrero Jr will beat him for MVP.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em

Best ever will have to be Gretzky, just going off the records, Lemieux is not best ever compared to Gretzky - Lemieux is more athletic and faster, but not best ever compared to Gretzky, Gretzky skills and accomplishments dwarf everyone else ever in hockey.

In football it's Brady.

In baseball it's Babe Ruth.

In basketball it's Michael Jordan. I'm not a basketball fan and even I know this.

So, going by what you said originally about overall dominance in their sport - as much as I am a Gretzky fan, Micheal Jordan is the most dominant overall in his sport.

When looking at dominance championships are an obvious factor, but not just the number of championships - 3 repeats = dynasties, and the most impressive dynasties are the 2 threepeats in Chicago with Micheal Jordan. 2 in a row is not a dynasty, it has to be 3 in a row or more, any gap in a streak is not a dynasty.

Also, we have to look at what impact the player has while playing - no other sport has more playing time for a star player than basketball, except soccer in which Pele is best ever.

Micheal Jordan impact is way more than the others - even more than Gretzky.

The years Micheal Jordan played everyone knew his team was winning the cup, when he retired Chicago was still good and even won the cup without him, but when he was playing and especially when he returned it was a certainty. If you wanted to win money you were betting on Jordan team.

Other stats and records are impressive for all the other greatest in their sports, and when comparing the greatest in each sport they all have unbreakable records and cups - but none in the same combination that Jordan has, which are unbreakable records plus 2 dynasties plus most important of all is that when Jordan was playing you knew he was getting those cups no matter what.

When he was away his teams lacked the certainty of winning it all compared to when he was there, and everyone in the world knew it, anyone who didn't know it lost money - that is overall dominance.
    Points Awarded:

Jayvegas420 gave Tuesday 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I feel like championships are more of a reflection of a great team rather than a great player. That's why I go by career dominance records. We will be alive to see most of Tom Brady's records broken and probably most of Jordan's. I don't think in our lifetime we will see somebody break half of Gretzky's 60NHL records

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em

I feel like championships are more of a reflection of a great team rather than a great player. That's why I go by career dominance records. We will be alive to see most of Tom Brady's records broken and probably most of Jordan's. I don't think in our lifetime we will see somebody break half of Gretzky's 60NHL records
    I agree about the records, but when I think of dominance overall I think of who really helps their team win it all - the records don't always translate into dominance, as in winning when it matters.

Championships are about the team like you said, but teams win championships every year and not all those teams have dominance overall as in dynasties - for Chicago they would not have 2 certain dynasties if not for Jordan, about key aspect is the certainty of it, without Jordan they might have still win championships but definitely not dynasties.

As much as I like Gretzky over the other greatest players, his records only translated into overall dominance when he was with Edmonton - and even then Edmonton failed to have a true dynasty, 3 Cups in row.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

In baseball it's actually Cobb

When he retired he owned every major statistical category, something like 60 records.

Ruth a close second.

I'd out Gretzky & Cobb as the leaders here. Followed by Ruth, then Jordan.

Brady doesn't belong on this list I'm sorry, 15 years in that horseshit AFC East is akin to Montana getting to play the Saints and Cardinals 2xs a year for his run.

The best football player is also difficult to determine because they are constantly changing the rules...but I'd say this- nobody was as dominant and as explosive as Randy Moss. He made teams draft differently to accommodate his skill.

Now I get he's got no rings, but Moss is the only player I'm aware of that made both the Packers and Bears change draft plans and force Det to go 100% offense in the draft.
    Nomination(s):

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    In baseball it's actually Cobb

When he retired he owned every major statistical category, something like 60 records.

Ruth a close second.

I'd out Gretzky & Cobb as the leaders here. Followed by Ruth, then Jordan.

Brady doesn't belong on this list I'm sorry, 15 years in that horseshit AFC East is akin to Montana getting to play the Saints and Cardinals 2xs a year for his run.

The best football player is also difficult to determine because they are constantly changing the rules...but I'd say this- nobody was as dominant and as explosive as Randy Moss. He made teams draft differently to accommodate his skill.

Now I get he's got no rings, but Moss is the only player I'm aware of that made both the Packers and Bears change draft plans and force Det to go 100% offense in the draft.
    If it's just the best overall player, I can agree that Gretzky is best overall since his records speak for themselves - championships factor in less than unbreakable records here.

But since the original question was overall dominance in their sport, I'd say unbreakable records factor in to a lesser degree. For overall dominance in their sport I'd give unbreakable records and championships approximately equal weight, but for dynasties(3+ cups in row) and certainty in winning it all consistently I'd have to put as the most important factors - and since Jordan has 2 dynasties where he completed one dynasty then retired and Chicago could not continue the dynasty until Jordan returned and started another dynasty, that plus whenever Jordan plays there is undeniable certainty that he will win it all every time, no other player does that in my opinion.

Jordan is so dominant, I can't think of any other player I would be as certain betting on to win games and cups - and I don't even like watching/playing basketball, I'll only watch if betting.

Also it's easier for basketball players to be judged the most dominant players in any sport because they play the most minutes against the least amount of players in team sports.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

None of this historical comparison stuff works.

Everything has changed and will continue to change.

Biggest waste of time talking about this stuff.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Tiger Woods ?

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

This must be only for “team” sports actually.

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Tiger Woods ?
    Woods is probably the best ever golfer, but it's hard to claim overall dominance when golfing dynasties don't exist, also going back to the dynasties and certainty of winning - even Woods didn't give people the same certainty of winning it all as Jordan did I think.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Advanced golf equipment makes the older players seem more impressive

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    C'mon man, Wilt Chamberlain was the most dominant athlete ever.
    Who else had more rules changed than Chamberlain?
    He was so dominant, they had to change the rules, not once or twice but 5 times.
    I agree. Chamberlain was the most dominating basketball player ever.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I doubt wilt owns more than two substantial career records anymore.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Babe Ruth hit 6.3% of the leagues HR in 1921, which is the equivalent of hitting 309 HR in 2022

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Ask this question in 2040 the answer would be Mahomes.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Ask this question in 2040 the answer would be Mahomes.
    I'll go out on a limb and say... no one will EVER play better than Brady in their 40's. No effing way.

In fact... I'm going to say Mahomes will fizzle considerably at 33-34.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Pele was the most dominant in his sport at that time. He was so ahead of his time other players looked foolish when they tried to defend him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Who was the most dominant in their respective sport?

Not looking for the strongest or most athletic.
    Career length & era are factors but, overall who do you believe dominated the league more when they played?
    MJ if it were my voting choice. Bill Russell may have a say in that though. Ruth, Gretsky and even the goat Tom Brady weren't as dominant as Mike. Dude was money back in the day!

Remember the commercials? "if I could be like Mike". Michael Jordan is the most dominate to rule in any sport in my life time is my call. Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps a close second and third though.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    MJ if it were my voting choice. Bill Russell may have a say in that though. Ruth, Gretsky and even the goat Tom Brady weren't as dominant as Mike. Dude was money back in the day!

Remember the commercials? "if I could be like Mike". Michael Jordan is the most dominate to rule in any sport in my life time is my call. Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps a close second and third though.

Be Like Mike! Best catch phrase ever! Who the hell wants to be like Lebron? SAID NO ONE! lol

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12503

Lol, be like Mike. Hey, Mikey.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Wayne Gretzky dominated a sport like no athlete has ever done before or since. He also did it in the modern era which makes it more incredible. I do think Lemieux was more talented but he didn't get to that point.

Gretzky's greatest stat was that he is still the all time leading point getter In NHL history without a goal.

We will NEVER see a guy Do what he did again in any sport.

I just laugh when people are putting mahomes on his level. JFC.

Jordan ONLY guy that is comparable to him.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Wayne still owns 58 NHL records
    Ovechkin might claim one of them in 3 years but thats still incredible

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Wayne still owns 58 NHL records
    Ovechkin might claim one of them in 3 years but thats still incredible
    I'm not saying Mike Bossy is the GOAT, he is not.
    But Mike Bossy scored 50 or more goals in his first nine seasons, played ten season, the tenth and final he scored like 36.
    How can a guy score 50 or more goals every year in the league (except his last) and never get even mentioned in a conversation.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I'm not saying Mike Bossy is the GOAT, he is not.
    But Mike Bossy scored 50 or more goals in his first nine seasons, played ten season, the tenth and final he scored like 36.
    How can a guy score 50 or more goals every year in the league (except his last) and never get even mentioned in a conversation.
    Bossy was incredible but he was just quietly efficient on a team with other greats as well.

Bossy is third all time in Points per game.
    Last edited by lakerboy; 08-18-23 at 12:48 PM.

First 123