Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Does Draymond Green have a screw loose??

In the middle of a pandemic, a multi-millionaire is crying about what????

"I would like to talk about something that's really bothering me," Green said after the Warriors' 129-98 win. "And it's the treatment of players in this league. To watch Andre Drummond, before the game, sit on the sidelines, then go to the back, and to come out in street clothes because a team is going to trade him, it's bulls---."

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Dude has always been a bit twisted and short fused. Nothing to see here.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Just a dumb comment overall... as much money as these guys make they are still just an employee of the team. They have more power than any athlete or employee as-is. Produce the revenue and shut up. Particularly a coat tail rider like old Draymond.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

draymond is lucky he played with curry, thompson and durant. he is like their horace grant. him and kerr need to thank god daily.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

He's just another angry-athlete who doesn't know or appreciate how good he has it

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Draymond is right

There is no problem if you trade a player...Then make the trade.. But to have Drummond and Blake Griffen off the rosters until you TRY to make a trade is not good

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Dude has always been a bit twisted and short fused. Nothing to see here.
    This.
    I love his basketball game, very talented, but he's not wired correctly.

mjsuax13

Please tell me everyone about the same rights you have as your employer? They pay you for your talent, time and service. They control how they deploy the asset that’s you within laws.

If you don’t like it you can quit, retire or seek different employment. I own a business so his commentary is laughable.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would release him

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19285

Should be a fine for the owner. If the player says I do not want to
    Play until I am traded there is a big rhubarb.

Should work the other way.? The player should have a grievance with the players Union!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

It's an unfair double standard as far as I'm concerned, players must remain professional and keep their mouth shut but teams and general managers can talk about sitting players and trading them and putting them on the Block. Draymond is 100% right here

Zlaniner
    DUB NATION 415
    Zlaniner's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13084

Speak your mind day day !!!

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    It's an unfair double standard as far as I'm concerned, players must remain professional and keep their mouth shut but teams and general managers can talk about sitting players and trading them and putting them on the Block. Draymond is 100% right here
    The team legally and contractually has the players rights though. Rights mean control. It’s their reality. If you want their millions they sort of can do what they want. Not saying it’s right but the players signed the deal with the union. These guys traded that control out for guaranteed contracts. Draymond should seek out more gainful employment where he can say whatever he wants representing himself.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Just another victim of oppression. Cry me a river.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    The team legally and contractually has the players rights though. Rights mean control. It’s their reality. If you want their millions they sort of can do what they want. Not saying it’s right but the players signed the deal with the union. These guys traded that control out for guaranteed contracts. Draymond should seek out more gainful employment where he can say whatever he wants representing himself.
    Exactly.

It's part of the deal when you get paid for what you do.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

If draymond wants to play in street clothes, i say let him

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Draymond is right

There is no problem if you trade a player...Then make the trade.. But to have Drummond and Blake Griffen off the rosters until you TRY to make a trade is not good

Kindly disagree, because it's a business, and the players are merely employees just as the rest of us are at our jobs

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Athletes think they are bosses

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

his actions/thoughts are side effects of a very privileged person

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Kindly disagree, because it's a business, and the players are merely employees just as the rest of us are at our jobs
    exactly.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Draymond is right

Did you watch Drummond play the past few games? (Do you think Green watched those games? -I don't!) Well I did, and I can tell you he gave no effort at all. The coach decides who plays. The player works for the team, not the other way around. As for Griffin he asked his team to look for a trade, and is grateful to them for being so nice to him. He checked out of their plans a year or two ago.

IBetYou

This league is full of entitled idiots, cut off from real world people, just listening to each others ignorant thoughts. If you read the NBA rumour mills regularly you will see a different person say something stupid every day!

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12521

I don't blame the teams trying to trade someone to sit them. All you need to do is watch the NBA injury report to realize it is not worth the risk of a player rehabbing an achilles/knee for a year and now you can't trade him. Mr Green it's called you are the player not mgmt!

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17029

He is a future President of the players union. Kind of like a players advocate. Don't we have one here too?

mjsuax13

He can say whatever he wants... but here are the facts:

1. Drummond was sat to maximize and preserve trade value. Team choice. Simple enough.
    2. Blake sat down with management and agreed to it.
    3. Harden quit on the team and pouted and then finally said he wanted out. Harden’s overall stunt of showing up out of shape was and is still unprofessional and that’s why he got his balls busted.
    4. Draymond is open and free to choose working in a more professional environment. I’m sure there are lots of jobs somewhere in the Bay Area. Might have to take a pay cut though.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

We need more Draymonds in the world. Guys that speak their minds and don't just bow down to their employers.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    We need more Draymonds in the world. Guys that speak their minds and don't just bow down to their employers.
    Easy to speak your mind with a $100 million guaranteed contract. The average joe who is paycheck to paycheck (most Americans) have no choice but to bow down, bend over or wait for their government benefits.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

If Green was in charge of making french fries at his McDonalds, he wouldn't be saying shit when the head burger flipper got sent to another franchise location.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Some people find out they don't have a job anymore right along with the rest of the world on social media.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Like any job...if you aren’t happy go do something else. Nobody is forcing this idiot to play in the NBA

im an owner my rules plain and simple...I can find hundreds of people better than Draymond that will play for me

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    If Green was in charge of making french fries at his McDonalds, he wouldn't be saying shit when the head burger flipper got sent to another franchise location.
    McDonalds would not hire him.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    He can say whatever he wants... but here are the facts:

1. Drummond was sat to maximize and preserve trade value. Team choice. Simple enough.
    2. Blake sat down with management and agreed to it.
    3. Harden quit on the team and pouted and then finally said he wanted out. Harden’s overall stunt of showing up out of shape was and is still unprofessional and that’s why he got his balls busted.
    4. Draymond is open and free to choose working in a more professional environment. I’m sure there are lots of jobs somewhere in the Bay Area. Might have to take a pay cut though.
    No, they sat him down because he wasn't giving any effort. I watched the game in Portland. His coach even said as much. He's not part of the future so why play a guy that doesn't give a fk?

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    No, they sat him down because he wasn't giving any effort. I watched the game in Portland. His coach even said as much. He's not part of the future so why play a guy that doesn't give a fk?
    Fair enough but usually a guy out there dogging it will hurt his trade value so it all works together. Do any of these guys give a fuk? Guaranteed contracts have hurt the league. Either way- he can shut up and dribble.

WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo
    WireWire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32027

Gotta love a guy getting paid $15+ million a year crying about " player treatment", truly you could not make that up, Hey this is what America wanted right??????? The 13.4% to take the front seat for America right?? Lol, get used to it you made this monster, no turning back now.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Yeah i always thought he did..his dna is not aligned correctly...always seemed weird

12 Last