Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

First rd draft picks are ALL 50/50 in the nfl. For every 2 that become good, there are 2 that suck. I would always trade down and load up on extra picks.

Lawrence is definitely not as good as Deshawn Watson. As the stakes got higher, Watson played better. Lawrence plays his best when everything is going nice and smoothly

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

A lot of what they do in the pros has to do with what team they go to. Jags and Jets are both jokes so that will be a burden for both these guys just ask joe burrows acl

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Were u wrong Dabo, or was Clemson more like a #24 ranking?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    First rd draft picks are ALL 50/50 in the nfl. For every 2 that become good, there are 2 that suck. I would always trade down and load up on extra picks.

Lawrence is definitely not as good as Deshawn Watson. As the stakes got higher, Watson played better. Lawrence plays his best when everything is going nice and smoothly
    Most of the time, the clueless teams pick early. Most often the QBs are better going down a little

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    A lot of what they do in the pros has to do with what team they go to. Jags and Jets are both jokes so that will be a burden for both these guys just ask joe burrows acl
    that is very true but in today's NFL with parity, salary cap, free agency, etc. most teams can go from worst to first in one year...we've seen several teams improve by 6 - 10 games in one year...like the rams did when Sean McVey took over from Jeff Fisher...all you need a good GM who knows what's he doing and knows his team strengths and weaknesses and find the right combo of talent via both free agency and the draft...the days of taking 4 - 5 years to rebuild are long over because of the aforementioned reasons.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    that is very true but in today's NFL with parity, salary cap, free agency, etc. most teams can go from worst to first in one year...we've seen several teams improve by 6 - 10 games in one year...like the rams did when Sean McVey took over from Jeff Fisher...all you need a good GM who knows what's he doing and knows his team strengths and weaknesses and find the right combo of talent via both free agency and the draft...the days of taking 4 - 5 years to rebuild are long over because of the aforementioned reasons.
    Occasionally a decent organization has an awful year but the jags Jets bengals are pretty much always in the top 5. Cleveland was poorly run but they have the right people in place now. One QB won’t magically change anybody if the front office is bad

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Occasionally a decent organization has an awful year but the jags Jets bengals are pretty much always in the top 5. Cleveland was poorly run but they have the right people in place now. One QB won’t magically change anybody if the front office is bad
    no argument here and I totally agree...but it doesn't hurt to have one of the best players available at the most important position in football.

First 1234