pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

when redzone went to the lions game i was wondering who that was. i didn't find it horrible but i didn't find it great. i think he has good analysis but he needs to convey it better.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    when redzone went to the lions game i was wondering who that was. i didn't find it horrible but i didn't find it great. i think he has good analysis but he needs to convey it better.
    A lot of these 'color' (pardon the bad pun) commentators (like Booger) get these gigs because they have real good agents or friends in high places, like former coaches etc. etc.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Sounded like he had a mouth full of marbles and a head full of shit

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Sounded like he had a mouth full of marbles and a head full of shit
    Like Booger?

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Like Booger?
    I think way worse than McFarland. At least he knows the rules of the game, hood rat ghetto aqua bibs doesn’t even know those

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

I have conflicting thoughts on this, I think he'll get better, but there were definitely some cringey moments. I feel like there is no way to do color commentary without either sounding really stupid, or overly patronizing and unnatural.
    Like, honestly, what percentage of color commentary is along the lines of:

"That player is a BIG GUY, and he's fast. WOW! He used his speed and size to catch the ball! What a great play call to get it to the big and fast player who is good at football! This team is definitely going to the super bowl and the MVP is definitely the last player we just talked about because after the 32 concussions I got playing football I have no long-term memory left. I bet the next play call will involve one of their big and fast players."

stake1

Nah. He’s too hood rat dumb ghetto. My favorite was the forward lateral: “see that’s a pass, no I mean a thing”, and “well uhhh, not sure if he can do that???”

First 12