Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

College Football Game of the Year This Week: Alabama vs. Georgia, Who You Got?

Alabama opened -7 and was quickly bet down to -4.5 or -5

Nick Saban has some serious issues on defense this year but their offense has looked unstoppable. Conversely, Georgia looks like they have the best defense in the nation, and quarterback Stetson Bennett IV has given their offense a spark.

This is going to be the best heavyweight slugfest we'll see until the postseason.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 873

Have to see who Morino and Seaweed are on first.
    Points Awarded:

stake1 gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hubie69, and stake1

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Bama overrated. That 7 was a gift but 5 still the better side.

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1177

Without looking i would have to say Georgia just because Bama can't seem to stop anyone..

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 400

Roll tide roll

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Will Kirby Smart swallow his tounge like he always does in big games???

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

I will take the points in here [ + 4 or so ] .

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Buckandadime View Post
    Without looking i would have to say Georgia just because Bama can't seem to stop anyone..
    I was shocked at how easily Ole Miss moved up and down the field on Alabama. Mississippi only punted once in that game and that was because a bad snap set them way behind the chains, or else they would've scored on every possession. The Rebels are pretty dynamic on offense and they'll put up a ton of points this year, but still, I expected way more from an Alabama defense stockpiled with 5-star recruits and a perfectionist head coach. They looked like Louisville out there.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I was shocked at how easily Ole Miss moved up and down the field on Alabama. Mississippi only punted once in that game and that was because a bad snap set them way behind the chains, or else they would've scored on every possession. The Rebels are pretty dynamic on offense and they'll put up a ton of points this year, but still, I expected way more from an Alabama defense stockpiled with 5-star recruits and a perfectionist head coach. They looked like Louisville out there.
    saban hinted that ole miss must have known their defensive signals

Buckandadime
    Act as if

Bama D giving up 6.0 yds per play while the Bulldogs give up 3.7..
    Offensively Bama 8.7 vs Georgia 5.3...
    The one that stands out to me is rushing, Bama O avg 5.1 per rush while Georgia is giving up only 1.5 per...

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Have to see who Morino and Seaweed are on first.
    You are a dumb shit.

thomorino

Bama D giving up 6.0 yds per play while the Bulldogs give up 3.7..
    Offensively Bama 8.7 vs Georgia 5.3...
    The one that stands out to me is rushing, Bama O avg 5.1 per rush while Georgia is giving up only 1.5 per...
    No serious person gives a shit about stats less than 5 weeks into the season. Georgia hasn’t played anyone close to Alabama offensively.

thomorino

Bananas defense did have issues but I think part of the problem was they were looking ahead to Georgia and ole miss is a top 10 offense in the country. Georgia is nothing close or ole miss on offense.

thomorino

Alabama opened -7 and was quickly bet down to -4.5 or -5

Nick Saban has some serious issues on defense this year but their offense has looked unstoppable. Conversely, Georgia looks like they have the best defense in the nation, and quarterback Stetson Bennett IV has given their offense a spark.

This is going to be the best heavyweight slugfest we'll see until the postseason.
    Georgia’s defense looks good but They haven’t played anyone close to Alabama offensively, and ole miss is far better than Georgia on offense. Lane Kiffin is shit as a head coach but he is a good play caller, and Alabama was likely looking ahead to Georgia, their defense looked solid against Texas a&m, and Georgia’s offense depends on their running game, their quarterback play with any good enough to beat Alabama without play action.

thomorino

Alabama’s kick and punt returning game is great this year too with waddle.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Bananas defense did have issues but I think part of the problem was they were looking ahead to Georgia and ole miss is a top 10 offense in the country. Georgia is nothing close or ole miss on offense.
    They were probably peeking ahead some, but they looked helpless on that side of the ball for the full 60 minutes. You'd expect some kind of adjustments at halftime or in-game, but they continued getting gashed. Bama was fortunate that their offense was able to keep pace and cash in touchdown after touchdown or this would've been an upset.

Alabama also showed defensive vulnerability to Texas A&M the week before, and even Missouri once they switched to Bazelak (the same quarterback who started against and beat LSU) so I wouldn't dismiss the Ole Miss performance as a one-game aberration. But I do think we should see a much more focused Alabama defense this week, and Georgia doesn't employ the warp-speed tempo that confused the shit out of the Tide.

It'll be interesting to see the matchup when Alabama has the ball. Strength on strength. It'll be virtually two NFL units going head to head.

thomorino

They were probably peeking ahead some, but they looked helpless on that side of the ball for the full 60 minutes. You'd expect some kind of adjustments at halftime or in-game, but they continued getting gashed. Bama was fortunate that their offense was able to keep pace and cash in touchdown after touchdown or this would've been an upset.

Alabama also showed defensive vulnerability to Texas A&M the week before, and even Missouri once they switched to Bazelak (the same quarterback who started against and beat LSU) so I wouldn't dismiss the Ole Miss performance as a one-game aberration. But I do think we should see a much more focused Alabama defense this week, and Georgia doesn't employ the warp-speed tempo that confused the shit out of the Tide.

It'll be interesting to see the matchup when Alabama has the ball. Strength on strength. It'll be virtually two NFL units going head to head.
    I agree this bans defense is not great, but they were solid against a@m for most of the game and I don’t think they respected ole miss, ole miss has looked strong offensively all year too. The total looks too high at 56.5, Georgia is the kind of team that will want to make Sure they don’t lose because of turnovers they should be conservative offensive unless they get behind, I don’t see either team scoring more than 30 without special teams or defensive touchdowns.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Over whatever the line is
    Bama will cover the line themselves and probably give up just as many points

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Alabama will bury them

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i still can't bet against bama. i like the line going down here.

Buckandadime
    Act as if

No serious person gives a shit about stats less than 5 weeks into the season. Georgia hasn’t played anyone close to Alabama offensively.
    Georgia throttled Auburn..
    Defense.will.win this one..
    Bama hasn't played anyone..

Buckandadime
    Act as if

Georgia’s defense looks good but They haven’t played anyone close to Alabama offensively, and ole miss is far better than Georgia on offense. Lane Kiffin is shit as a head coach but he is a good play caller, and Alabama was likely looking ahead to Georgia, their defense looked solid against Texas a&m, and Georgia’s offense depends on their running game, their quarterback play with any good enough to beat Alabama without play action.
    How can you say no serious person gives a shit about stats <5 weeks in and then turn around and talk about previous games?
    You just wanted to try and be an ass which backfired..
    Guess I will just wait to see which side your on..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

48-27
    Bama

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 159

Bam prob wins

not much interest here

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Alabama will bury them
    Lol

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Yeah, wait until the season is over and then start paying attention to stats.

thomorino

Georgia throttled Auburn..
    Defense.will.win this one..
    Bama hasn't played anyone..

How can you say no serious person gives a shit about stats <5 weeks in and then turn around and talk about previous games?
    You just wanted to try and be an ass which backfired..
    Guess I will just wait to see which side your on..
    You are a dumb shit. Of course you look at previous opponents, but stats in a short sample are easily skewed by factors such as garbage time when you blow out opponents as Alabama did.

Its ridiculous to compare Auburn to Alabama, Auburn’s offensive line has struggled and their defense is replacing both the secondary and defensive line. Alabama has a far better offensive line than Auburn, it’s not close.

Buckandadime
    Act as if

You are a dumb shit. Of course you look at previous opponents, but stats in a short sample are easily skewed by factors such as garbage time when you blow out opponents as Alabama did.

Its ridiculous to compare Auburn to Alabama, Auburn’s offensive line has struggled and their defense is replacing both the secondary and defensive line. Alabama has a far better offensive line than Auburn, it’s not close.
    How can you compare previous opponents in such a short sample?
    I guess Bamas last game stats are irrelevant because of the garbage time..
    You tried to start shit and then did exactly what you tried to condemn..
    STFU..
    Its ridiculous to compare A&M to Georgia..
    Just try to make your point and move on moron..

thomorino

How can you compare previous opponents in such a short sample?
    I guess Bamas last game stats are irrelevant because of the garbage time..
    You tried to start shit and then did exactly what you tried to condemn..
    STFU..
    Its ridiculous to compare A&M to Georgia..
    Just try to make your point and move on moron..
    Nobody looks at stats as meaningful 4 games into the season, shut up dumb shit.

Buckandadime
    Act as if

Nobody looks at stats as meaningful 4 games into the season, shut up dumb shit.

How does my ass taste punk?

thomorino

How does my ass taste punk?
    You are a dumb shit.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

7 points was right. 5 points is not enough. Georgia's offense has had problems all season. If 'Bama's D get to whoever is going to start for UGA at QB, UGA is toast. 'Bama will score their points. It is scary to think that Thomo AND JJ may be on the right team. That rarely happens but even the worst 'cappers get one right occasionally and those two certainly rank high in the category of worst.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    7 points was right. 5 points is not enough. Georgia's offense has had problems all season. If 'Bama's D get to whoever is going to start for UGA at QB, UGA is toast. 'Bama will score their points. It is scary to think that Thomo AND JJ may be on the right team. That rarely happens but even the worst 'cappers get one right occasionally and those two certainly rank high in the category of worst.
    You are a dumb shit.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Dumb fukk Morino

12 Last