TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Everyone in here whining and complaining about politics in sports has the self-awareness of a rock. Virtually all of you have done more to contribute to sbr being rampant, non-stop political talk than any of these athletes have done to turn their sports into political soapboxes. LeBron absolutely does stick to basketball and stays off of politics far more than all of you stay on topic and off of politics.

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Not near what it is now.
    Musicians - shut up about politics and play music
    Comedians - shut up about politics and make jokes
    Athletes - shut up and dribble

Players and other public figures can afford to speak up now and while they might pay a price, they won't be homeless in a month (as opposed to previous generations)

Any time it inconveniences people or even mildly annoys them, people complain that others should "stick with what they do". If a law affects you, or a potential change in law, affects you, only those elected should be allowed to speak or kneel or protest in some other way?

There's a reason why it's the 1st amendment.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

I don't see this as a political tool like others. I see this as an extension of social engineering. This is all social engineering. 6 feet apart social distancing. Black people need respect. You can already see many here at SBR calling people racists. This is all programming for how they want what they consider "their" society to be like.

Buena Onda
    Buena Onda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2098

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I don't see this as a political tool like others. I see this as an extension of social engineering. This is all social engineering. 6 feet apart social distancing. Black people need respect. You can already see many here at SBR calling people racists. This is all programming for how they want what they consider "their" society to be like.
    It's like a weird McCarthyism/Salem Witch Trial/Animal Farm scenario all rolled into one. I think the reason people come here to vent about politics in sports is because they have no other outlet in which they feel safe to do so. It's frustrating watching everyone on TV (I'm talking about sports here) throw nothing but praise to the leagues, but you hear absolutely nobody who disagrees with the entire situation. And I get it, if you speak out against the movement, your career is over. It proves hehfest point above, we've been on this slippery slope for a long time, and it's starting to steeper.
    Last edited by Buena Onda; 08-29-20 at 08:14 PM.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Points Awarded:

hehfest gave Mr KLC 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

White middle class is the heart of the audience and they have been shat upon so much they don't care about sports anymore. Do you think millenials are going to sit throuh a football game?

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

So all ZEROS on SBR should be allowed to voice their opinions but NBA players should not be allowed to air theirs?

How about recognizing the fact that it's ****** up that they have support and make people aware of something like BLM in the first place instead?

All lives can't matter until black lives matter.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

NO not when they start bs and cancel games, sure let them voice their opinion on THEIR time, not when they should be working................

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Simple solution.

Don't go to the games when they have fans again.

Don't buy any paraphernalia.

I don't watch many games anyways.
    Yeah, we know you don’t watch many games, diarrhea mouth. It’s evident by all the fuk’in losers you post, that you don’t know fuk’in jack shit about sports.

Thought you were “retiring” from sports? Once a post whore, forever a post whore. Huh loser?

We’re all anxiously awaiting your next retirement thread.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 09-02-20 at 06:07 AM.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Blame the media. Blame Disney/ESPN. Blame Twitter.

I honestly think Lebron would like to not be asked his opinion. He gets asked his opinions about the black community every day. They want him to chime in about everything and even though he may not be informed or really give a shit, he gives his opinion. It's probably exhausting.
    Blazer... I respect your opinion on this board as you are well informed and are a step or two ahead of most posters.

But I beg to differ on your portrayal of Labron James as a helpless victim in the politicalization of sports and prominent athletes by the press or otherwise.
    Seems obvious that Labron relishes the role of being the leader and the NBA face of the "racial justice" movement.
    Reports have circled how Labron was miffed that the Bucks were the first team to declare a pullout from scheduled games on Wednesday. As the self-appointed face of the NBA James assumed that the Lakers would be the first team to pull out and he would announce it.
    IMHO James is very full of himself and relishes an "assumed role" as the vanguard linchpin of the NBA social justice movement.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

LeBron is a hipster.

Hipsters are pixies.

He could keep his mouth shut, but he actually craves this attention.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    LeBron is a hipster.

Hipsters are pixies.

He could keep his mouth shut, but he actually craves this attention.
    Did Baus send you the nudes he has?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2119

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    So all ZEROS on SBR should be allowed to voice their opinions but NBA players should not be allowed to air theirs?

How about recognizing the fact that it's ****** up that they have support and make people aware of something like BLM in the first place instead?

All lives can't matter until black lives matter.
    Blm is nothing but domestic terrorist organization so why would anyone take them seriously. Got news for ya, no black is oppressed today, the only oppression is the choices they make and that goes for any race. But when I see blm protestors go around and harassing people at restaurants, etc everyone one of those idiots deserves a bullet in their head.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21 View Post
    Blm is nothing but domestic terrorist organization so why would anyone take them seriously. Got news for ya, no black is oppressed today, the only oppression is the choices they make and that goes for any race. But when I see blm protestors go around and harassing people at restaurants, etc everyone one of those idiots deserves a bullet in their head.
    nobody takes them serious

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ you are 100% correct sir, what get me that their of people that stand up for these animals and what they are doing on the streets of america......this has nothing to do with blm matter........every time i see someone take their side, the only thing i can say, they hate america.......

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

It does not matter your skin color. If you are ignorant, refuse to accept education opportunity, unwilling to partake in the US economy, break the law repeatedly, do not care for your family, detach yourself from common courtesy/respect and participate in violent behavior, then you just won't be liked by very many people. Black, brown, white...makes zero difference. I'd love to marry an honest, intelligent and informed African American woman, but I'm considered a racist sometimes. Unreal.

First 12