homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

NBA Ratings - I say the same thing every year. Wait until the next round............

Round 1 usually has lopsided matchups and the games get ugly quick, so people don't watch.

Wait until the next round when the best 4 teams from each conf advance and the games are uber competitive.

I say this every year, and guess what? the ratings jump big. They will again, just wait a bit..

https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/nba...ime-basketball

homie1975

this reminds me of a few buddies who always ask me the same question every year before the Wimbledon Final on that second Sunday at Wimbledon: "Dude, what time does the match coverage start??"

Every year I say: It starts at 6 am and is called BREAKFAST AT WIMBLEDON just like it is every year !!!!!

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Reads like a cheerleader article. What he fails to mention is that NBA ratings have been declining for 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Round 1 usually has lopsided matchups and the games get ugly quick, so people don't watch.

Wait until the next round when the best 4 teams from each conf advance and the games are uber competitive.

I say this every year, and guess what? the ratings jump big. They will again, just wait a bit..

https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/nba...ime-basketball

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    Reads like a cheerleader article. What he fails to mention is that NBA ratings have been declining for 8 years.
    LOL. the ratings were skyhigh a decade ago when lebron went to the heat for those 4 years so this was to be expected somewhat. next round we have some tremendous matchups shaping up so look out !!

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5441

They will still be bad even though they will improve.

Lots of people like me out there that won't watch because of the BLM painting on the floors and the ridiculous uniform messages.

I turned on for 2 minutes the other night for the first time they have been in the bubble and some white cuck announcer went on for about 2 minutes about the travesty of Breonna Taylor blahblahblahblah and I just got disgusted and turned the channel.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: toddsclowns

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don’t like the uniform messages I don’t mind the Black Lives Matter on the court

homie1975

i ignore the messages, i just watch the Hoops!!

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

ratings? no offense but if you pay attention to any of that in the year 2020 then you are a nincompoop

youtube
    twitter
    IG
    streaming

welcome to the revolution (you are about a decade late though)

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

I think mavs clips will have higher ratings these last two or three gms

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

13 million people watched Game 1 of NBA Finals in 2019. 5.2 million watched Game 1 this year. Not one NBA playoff game has done a better rating than any of the episodes of the Michael Jordan documentary ratings.

jjgold

Its a disaster

Very few watching

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The NBA has essentially just become an arm of the Democratic Party and silver is a coward who won’t stand up to the players on anything, the new salary cap will be much lower.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

It’s a horrible matchup though. Miami couldn’t even draw fans on time when they were dominating during Lebrons years. The fans that hate the lakers can’t even watch because they know the heat can’t compete. The ratings would have been double this had it been Celtics vs lakers.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Time for a non-political person with money to open up a summer pro basketball league in the USA.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    It’s a horrible matchup though. Miami couldn’t even draw fans on time when they were dominating during Lebrons years. The fans that hate the lakers can’t even watch because they know the heat can’t compete. The ratings would have been double this had it been Celtics vs lakers.
    They had a Canadian team in there last year that nobody cared about. Thee ratings for Game 1 have gone down every year since 2016.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

I will not watch one second of this finals

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Yankees-Indians (starting at 7 PM Tuesday) averaged 2.593 million viewers, which doesn’t seem all that bad considering it was up against the debate and was a nine-run blowout.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    They had a Canadian team in there last year that nobody cared about. Thee ratings for Game 1 have gone down every year since 2016.
    Against the warriors who have a strong base of fans and people that hate them. Plus game 1 was a game throughout which grew the appeal. Lakers put Miami down at the end of the first quarter and pretty much killed the appeal of the game. It’s fine though if you want to blame it on lettering on the floor

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

All major sports ratings are low.

Week 1 of the NFL was wicked low.
    The only week 1 game that turned a profit TV ratings wise was the Brady/Brees game.
    All the other NFL games tanked.

The common jabroni just doesn't give a shit anymore about sports, especially the NBA.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

i would laugh and talk about golf ratings

but they are down too

jjgold

Everything down