polskboy
    polskboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 434

Ufc main event looked rigged

Anyone thinks that main event looked rigged for under or over? Why he didn't rush him at the beginning of the 3rd Cormier was dying in his corner.i don't get that .

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

The co-main event was the fight that was rigged

Huge bets made on the heavy underdog and the favorite goes down easy without even being hit and lays there like a bitch. Then fakes leg injury to cover it up
    Points Awarded:

polskboy gave big joe 1212 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

No. But I like your theory

polskboy

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post

Huge bets made on the heavy underdog and the favorite goes down easy without even being hit and lays there like a bitch. Then fakes leg injury to cover it up
    They all fixing those fights ,problem is that the fighters are not getting paid enough.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

most fixed because fighters broke

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2146

Naw, I saw him fight an Asian guy and O'Malley had the same problem. Only difference was it was near the end of the fight that he hurt his ankle. He has preexisting problems with his ankles.

polskboy

Why stipe didnt jump on daniel at the beginning of the 3rd?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

he was hurt before the fight......some knew

Points Awarded:

frankieunits2685 gave PaperTrail07 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    he was hurt before the fight......some knew
    I haven't looked into the recent injury.

Was it he same? You think the injury pre fight was playing a factor?

I did see how he tripped up and that probably wasn't intentional. That's a legit compromised position for the ankle, even if it only hurts that first day or so you sprain it.

I'm not thinking he was faking that injury, he put weight ballerina style and crumbled under it.

That shit can hurt and really make it hard to compete right after you hurt it.

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

lmao @ this thread. Whenever someone loses big money, the event or game is "rigged". Whatever makes you feel better about the loss, i guess.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave frankieunits2685 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

frankieunits2685

O'malley has had nothing but problems with his knee/leg, have you seen his prior fights?

PaperTrail07

There was chatter the day before on fight forums that his ankle/leg was hurt......it was noticed on tape.....
    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I haven't looked into the recent injury.

Was it he same? You think the injury pre fight was playing a factor?

I did see how he tripped up and that probably wasn't intentional. That's a legit compromised position for the ankle, even if it only hurts that first day or so you sprain it.

I'm not thinking he was faking that injury, he put weight ballerina style and crumbled under it.

That shit can hurt and really make it hard to compete right after you hurt it.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

lol unless it spits in your face like boxing, I get what your saying LOL....
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieunits2685 View Post
    lmao @ this thread. Whenever someone loses big money, the event or game is "rigged". Whatever makes you feel better about the loss, i guess.

frankieunits2685

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    lol unless it spits in your face like boxing, I get what your saying LOL....
    I will agree on boxing. I just feel like you never hear anyone saying that fight/game was rigged when they win big money. Then its all about “how they knew it was going to happen.”

It’s definitely been blatant in boxing for awhile.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave frankieunits2685 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

big joe 1212

O'malley has had nothing but problems with his knee/leg, have you seen his prior fights?
    I’ve seen him fight before but don’t follow to closely. I bet against him when I heard about that large wager on the big underdog. I figured that guy knew something to bet like that.

So Frankie, no, I’m not crying. I won the fight. I just assumed it Maybe was fixed And didn’t assume pre fight injury.

frankieunits2685

I’ve seen him fight before but don’t follow to closely. I bet against him when I heard about that large wager on the big underdog. I figured that guy knew something to bet like that.

So Frankie, no, I’m not crying. I won the fight. I just assumed it Maybe was fixed And didn’t assume pre fight injury.
    it's simple to look that information up before you make an accusation of a fixed fight. you literally said, "the fight was rigged" congrats on your win though :

PaperTrail07

oh 1000% LIVE ACTION rigging to me is the most funny call out LOL....like he ducked into it LMAO....
    I will agree on boxing. I just feel like you never hear anyone saying that fight/game was rigged when they win big money. Then its all about “how they knew it was going to happen.”

It’s definitely been blatant in boxing for awhile.

big joe 1212

it's simple to look that information up before you make an accusation of a fixed fight. you literally said, "the fight was rigged" congrats on your win though :
    it was internet sarcasm (I know it's hard to see sarcasm on a keyboard), I was implying that if any fight was rigged, it looked like the co-main event

I really wouldn't be surprised if some of these fights are rigged. Most of these guys don't make big $$$ and are still working full time jobs to feed their family

PaperTrail07

One fight that does honestly still sticks with me is worthy vs smith......im not saying it is rigged and worthy has looked good-but smith didn't bring it 100%....was his buddy and it opened a door for worthy.....there are those angles as well as "rigged".......he is an ohio guy and his sister just got shot and killed DT so I'm def feeling for the guy-but also wonder if it is why he has not fought after that...prayers are w the departed...

it was internet sarcasm (I know it's hard to see sarcasm on a keyboard), I was implying that if any fight was rigged, it looked like the co-main event

I really wouldn't be surprised if some of these fights are rigged. Most of these guys don't make big $$$ and are still working full time jobs to feed their family

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why will they rig the fights based on what lines books set the fights? It doen't make any sense.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave pavyracer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by polskboy View Post
    Anyone thinks that main event looked rigged for under or over? Why he didn't rush him at the beginning of the 3rd Cormier was dying in his corner.i don't get that .
    Because mma fights are very tough and both fighters were tired at that point, 5 round fights almost always slow down after the second round.

big joe 1212

I guess I'm using the word "rigged" incorrectly

I'm trying to say a fighter might lose on purpose as he will have someone bet heavy $ on the other guy to beat him.

So basically only a couple guys know they are going to lose on purpose

Pretty simple, the fighter might not be earning much money to fight, so he makes a wager (or somebody pays him to flop).

In the UFC, losing a single fight is not that big of a deal. You'll always get another chance.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I'm trying to say a fighter might lose on purpose as he will have someone bet heavy $ on the other guy to beat him.

Pretty simple, the fighter might not be earning much money to fight, so he makes a wager (or somebody pays him to flop).

In the UFC, losing a single fight is not that big of a deal. You'll always get another chance.
    Isn't it easier to train and having everyone on your team bet money on you to win? Why will you try to lose on purpose when you can win and make money two ways?

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

There's unwritten rules to MMA. Stipe knew he poked him in the eye. Stipe might have 5 rounders with Ngannou or Jones coming up. So he wants that Octagon time. Imo.. or he just couldnt.

PaperTrail07

100% not true.....only known names get more chances and they are less likely to be on the take IMO.....

big joe 1212

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Isn't it easier to train and having everyone on your team bet money on you to win? Why will you try to lose on purpose when you can win and make money two ways?
    If it was that simple, nobody would ever lose.

I'm not talking about the top ranked guys, I'm talking about guys with records like 23-12-1, etc. These guys not making top $ and will never get a title shot. One loss does not hurt them much.

Are we acting like nobody has ever flopped before? I believe it's well documented that it happens.