aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

BLOODY HELL I AM ON A COLD streak *THE WORST IN 10 YEARS

GRRR

I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ....I AM ON MY WORST LOSING RUN IN OVER 10 YEARS

FOOOOK I have been lucky and good any advice how to shake this awful swing

you would think just stop betting for a few days but now I am scared to bet because I think I will lose

ADVICE gents PLEASE

what do you gents do to get out a losing cold spell
    Last edited by aston; 08-15-20 at 10:59 PM.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

keep betting as long aa you can afford to. adjust your bets if needed based on funds you are using now.

worst you can do is stop or bet scared. just bet like normal.

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1967

its all money management
    Usually you want to set evaluation lines. In other words if you go up 20% your stake is adjusted, same with the down afterall its all about the bottom line.
    Its the same as over exposer to a single sport the more wagers with multiple type bets the lower your risk should be.

Its clear this pandemic bs is the cause. No full seasons, no fans, limited play and major players out. That alone tells you this mabye next 1.5yrs to reduce dramatically according to what your seeing

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

I'm with you aston. I thought I had an angle for mlb totals, but I'm 0 for my last 8 in the pointbook and 2-8 for actual cash. The huge fluctuations in runs scored from the first couple of weeks to the last couple of weeks did me in.

I'm going to take a step back and re-evaluate my capping before betting again. The worst thing to do is chase losses. GL

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Please share your plays with us so we can fade them. Thanks.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

It does all come down to money management. It seems like we've seen this same thread at least once over the last few weeks.

A losing streak is no reason to get scared or change a strategy.

If you have the same edge as always, then losses in this crazy sports environment are completely acceptable and understood. That said there are some things to look for.

Don't force bets and don't let the emotion of a losing steak short circuit your normal, rational thinking process.

I would worry more if you are looking at the markets each day and simply not finding the discrepencies you hope for. Having a dwindling number of triggers against the market is a worse sign, in my opinion, than a losing streak in that same market as having less plays could indicate that the market is catching up to you and edges are getting stamped out.

Another thing to look for is to keep an eye, and go back and research this if necessary on how you are doing against the closing line. I would rather be beating the closing line and losing bets as opposed to the market running away from you during that same losing streak.

Last year I had one of the worst couple of weeks losing streak in the MLB Contrarian Fund that I had had in perhaps all MLB betting, forever, across all strategies. Must have been the juiced ball but either way the market made it's adjustments post shakeout and we came out ahead after playoffs.

This is that Fund tracked last year with all the post plays. There were a couple of mistakes that were posted about when made that netted many more units in real life, but that's not how it was posted. I'm always hardest on myself when posting as I try to put the most available line at the time I post. That can change between betting and posting.

Regardless, the pattern is still the same as the only difference is that final dip before the rise was a few units higher than it shows, making the uptrend on the chart a prettier with higher lows (lol)...

There are other strategies too, like cutting back the number of bets or even using two pick parlays to minimize your risk.

Unless I reached a lower plateau in betting, I would absolutely not lower my bet size and would try hardest not to miss betting legitimate triggers.

If you are on a natural variance style losing streak, then you will likely get a winnig streak, or a few of them. It would be bummer to be betting less than when you had the losing streak as you won't get paid what you deserve for the winners.

It's never an easy test when you are at this point, but I caution jumping out of the boat just because the sharks appear to circling.

We're gamblers, and in the spirit of that it's best to reach down and punch the fukker in the nose.

Good Luck.

Points Awarded:

Stryder gave KVB 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aston

aston

thank you

aston

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    It does all come down to money management. It seems like we've seen this same thread at least once over the last few weeks.

A losing streak is no reason to get scared or change a strategy.

If you have the same edge as always, then losses in this crazy sports environment are completely acceptable and understood. That said there are some things to look for.

Don't force bets and don't let the emotion of a losing steak short circuit your normal, rational thinking process.

I would worry more if you are looking at the markets each day and simply not finding the discrepencies you hope for. Having a dwindling number of triggers against the market is a worse sign, in my opinion, than a losing streak in that same market as having less plays could indicate that the market is catching up to you and edges are getting stamped out.

Another thing to look for is to keep an eye, and go back and research this if necessary on how you are doing against the closing line. I would rather be beating the closing line and losing bets as opposed to the market running away from you during that same losing streak.

Last year I had one of the worst couple of weeks losing streak in the MLB Contrarian Fund that I had had in perhaps all MLB betting, forever, across all strategies. Must have been the juiced ball but either way the market made it's adjustments post shakeout and we came out ahead after playoffs.

This is that Fund tracked last year with all the post plays. There were a couple of mistakes that were posted about when made that netted many more units in real life, but that's not how it was posted. I'm always hardest on myself when posting as I try to put the most available line at the time I post. That can change between betting and posting.

Regardless, the pattern is still the same as the only difference is that final dip before the rise was a few units higher than it shows, making the uptrend on the chart a prettier with higher lows (lol)...

There are other strategies too, like cutting back the number of bets or even using two pick parlays to minimize your risk.

Unless I reached a lower plateau in betting, I would absolutely not lower my bet size and would try hardest not to miss betting legitimate triggers.

If you are on a natural variance style losing streak, then you will likely get a winnig streak, or a few of them. It would be bummer to be betting less than when you had the losing streak as you won't get paid what you deserve for the winners.

It's never an easy test when you are at this point, but I caution jumping out of the boat just because the sharks appear to circling.

We're gamblers, and in the spirit of that it's best to reach down and punch the fukker in the nose.

Good Luck.

thank you KVB

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kvb!!!

Ureal post

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

take ok city thunder, no way houston wins with westbrook out.

I think thunder might even sweep

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Sometimes the issue has become forcing plays, in which case one should consider waiting until clearly good wagers come along. This may in turn mean less bet frequency.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

I like this series play too tt.

aston

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

thank you

Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3196

Take Blackhawks +170 tonight . great odds for your money on a team that will give their all and WIN . YW

aston

Quote Originally Posted by Machba View Post
    Take Blackhawks +170 tonight . great odds for your money on a team that will give their all and WIN . YW
    thank you Machba

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 887

Started real strong in baseball this year. Down about $8300 right now. Have about a $25k bankroll so looking to play my way back to positive. Tough part for me is I usually don’t play bases until I have about 40 games of days so basically 25% of the season. Came out do the gate aggressive this year for obvious reasons so here we are... good luck.

Zlaniner
    DUB NATION 415
    Zlaniner's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13084

Aug 17 NBA [756] BOSTON -5½-111
    Aug 17 NBA [757] TOTAL o229½-110 (DALLAS vrs L.A. CLIPPERS)
    Aug 17 MLB [953] TOTAL o10-115 (BOS vrs NYY) [Action]
    Aug 17 MLB [967] TOTAL o9-125 (COL vrs HOU) [Action]
    Aug 17 MLB [969] TOTAL o9EV (OAK vrs ARI) [Action]
    Aug 17 MLB [973] TOTAL o9-125 (SEA vrs LAD) [Action]
    Risking 5 SBR To Win 214.82 SBR
    Ticket#: 4496086

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 887

Picking my spots better would help. Have won 7 in a row in the NBA and playing strong there. It’s in the NBA sub forum. MLB awful though. Oh well.