goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Yes

It means people of all colors are sick of it.

Its half the black population who are brainwashed or in denial and
    a few needy Caucasians who have been disowned by their own kind for various reasons....vs the world.

Not very good odds in the long run for them.
    So is every black athlete in the nba, mlb and nhl all brainwashed? Seems like it may be more than half that agree with this movement. I’ve looked around to try and find where your “half the population” could come from. I’ve looked everywhere for the statistic. Maybe someday I’ll be able to find it
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave goduke 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Seriously fellas, not only is it respectful but it's refreshing to see a peaceful, highly visible action.

Vandalism, over running police stations and forcing late night tear gas deployment creates far more division. So many complained about the protests turned to riots and now it's done peacefully and respectfully and now folks want to take on the athletes, teams and leagues.

Hopefully standing up for some kind of social justice at this level will lead to a different type of conversation and maybe even action.

It's clear some will never have the conversation.

Now maybe it's time for the leagues, teams and athletes to pony up the money required to make true legal and social change, wherever it may actually be needed, rather than just bowing down to corporate pressure to look like you play the part.

Let's see if it's all just lip service by the leagues, or if there's going to be real service by organizations with the power to lead instead of follow.

This movement is real, it's been here long time, even if part of it has been hijacked.

Now it's time for some leadership to take the lead.
    You can pony up money, tv time, reparations, whatever you want. You ain't getting rid of 9 mistakes out of 10,000,000 arrests.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    let them have their day in the sun for fuk sake

you guys are triggered
    Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post

that's on YOU kermit

kill your television and throw your radio in the ocean

social media for business ONLY

play the mask game when you have to no skin off your rooster Kermit

your happiness meter will rise exponentially
    The double barreled thread ender.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I heard something today approximately $2 trillion has been thrown in the black community since the 70s and it hasn’t changed what does that tell you
    Let's face it, many of the programs that have been suggested as reparations are already happening and have been in many states across the nation.

So you have point.

It's a tough one and I think the big problem is that focus so easily gets lost.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I heard something today approximately $2 trillion has been thrown in the black community since the 70s and it hasn’t changed what does that tell you
    That sometimes money isn’t all the answers. Look at cancer, how much money gets devoted to that year in and year out? Some things need more than money to get figured out

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    You can pony up money, tv time, reparations, whatever you want. You ain't getting rid of 9 mistakes out of 10,000,000 arrests.
    Maybe not, but if you can do things to work on the 10 million arrests, then ground is gained.

This is what I mean by focus.

Some might be focusing on the wrong things.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    That sometimes money isn’t all the answers. Look at cancer, how much money gets devoted to that year in and year out? Some things need more than money to get figured out
    I agree, but money focused in a positive way can make the best difference.

I think you'll agree with that.

goduke

Only 9 mistakes? I think you’re a bit low with that projection

dlowilly

No one makes them leave their kids. No one makes them go to the check cashing store. The problem is within.

goduke

I agree, but money focused in a positive way can make the best difference.

I think you'll agree with that.
    I do agree, I was mainly saying that JJ referenced trillions has been given. But without like you said being focused it’s a lot harder to achieve the proper goals with tough issues.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
    Because if history has taught us anything, it's that America loves and welcomes a black protest leader.

It doesn't diminish the need for a leader. It just might highlight.

It's not an easy conversation, but it seems like it only gets had when it invades everyone's "escape" of sports.

For the peaceful parts of all of this, that's the way it's supposed to be.

dlowilly

It's not my projection, it's the Washington Post's numbers from 2019 (9 deaths of unarmed black males out of 10,000,000 arrests)

goduke

No one makes them leave their kids. No one makes them go to the check cashing store. The problem is within.
    You think Mookie goes to the check cashing store? Do you think lebron leaves his kids?
    The point is don’t lump one person with all people of that race?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I do agree, I was mainly saying that JJ referenced trillions has been given. But without like you said being focused it’s a lot harder to achieve the proper goals with tough issues.
    It's time to refocus that money, and learn from past mistakes.

This is where an MLK of today just might stand out and blow everyone's socks off.

Community answers are needed and it just might take a mindset that's willing to experiment and go out on a limb.

Now that there is huge social and corporate backing, it's time to take a chance.
    Points Awarded:

goduke gave KVB 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

goduke

It's not my projection, it's the Washington Post's numbers from 2019 (9 deaths of unarmed black males out of 10,000,000 arrests)
    Site it

goduke

It's time to refocus that money, and learn from past mistakes.

This is where an MLK of today just might stand out and blow everyone's socks off.

Community answers are needed and it just might take a mindset that's willing to experiment and go out on a limb.

Now that there is huge social and corporate backing, it's time to take a chance.
    Solid post
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave goduke 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

And solutions can be found, from within.

I know, I know, it's been tried and it's been failed. That may always happen, but we can never stop trying.

The fiscal and political support is at an all time high.

The time is now.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

You're right, it is low.

And the rest of those mistakes by cops were made on white ppl.

1. Where's the outrage?
    2. How does that equate to mistreatment of black ppl?

Facts...facts....and more facts but they will never be acknowledged and always ignored by the hate groups

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Start watching video at :53. Parents should have their children taken away from them.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

KVB nothing will change
    Blacks will never change their behavior
    Last edited by jjgold; 07-23-20 at 09:29 PM.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Nothing gives me a bigger hard on that white people crying
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave King Mayan 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito, and bigtymer56

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    You're right, it is low.

And the rest of those mistakes by cops were made on white ppl.

1. Where's the outrage?
    2. How does that equate to mistreatment of black ppl?

Facts...facts....and more facts but they will never be acknowledged and always ignored by the hate groups
    Mistakes will happen, there will always be bad seeds.

But areas where there is an ingrained culture that breeds bad seeds and these terribe "mistakes" whether white or black, racist or just power trippers must be rooted out and changed.

The social change really isn't about the mistakes, it's about the position of the 10 million others and what can be done, if anything, about making that position better.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Black athletes are by definition the minority in MLB as they only make up 8% of MLB rosters.

*Black athletes are being discriminated against in MLB.*

Black athletes are the majority in the NFL 70% and NBA 81% so black lives matter.

*Black athletes really don't matter in confederate values NASCAR*..

I haven't figured why Black athletes are not in NHL yet.

African Americans are superior ATHLETES by genetics*.

dlowilly

Site it
    Before I do what will u do when you see it? Acknowledge in this thread ur wrong and BLM is a divisive lie?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

So many won't want me to say it, they won't believe it, but President Trump is the best chance we've seen in a long time to get this type of change.

He has met with experts, community stakeholders, and has possibly done more for the black community specifically than any president in my lifetime.

From what I know, he's doing what he can to take action as far as the school situation goes.

This can reverberate into the home, and home and school are the place change needs to start.
    Points Awarded:

MinnesotaFats gave KVB 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I do agree that BLM has been hijacked and it might be best for activist, the real activist, to abandon BLM and start another movement.

Or will that just get hijacked too?

Is the system so rigged that the most "justice" they get is a week of pro sports making an acknowledgement?

That's gotta be frustrating as hell.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

But areas where there is an ingrained culture that breeds bad seeds and these terribe "mistakes" whether white or black, racist or just power trippers must be rooted out and changed.

Yes agreed

But you just reiterated the key point.

Bad cops have NOTHING to do with race.

Bad cops are that way with everyone & color is irrelevant.

Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with race.

Most of the protesters are so ridiculously stupid they have never even stopped to acknowledge this, nor would they be capable of understanding common sense.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

dlowilly

I do agree that BLM has been hijacked and it might be best for activist, the real activist, to abandon BLM and start another movement.

Or will that just get hijacked too?

Is the system so rigged that the most "justice" they get is a week of pro sports making an acknowledgement?

That's gotta be frustrating as hell.
    You agreed with me the solution is within. Why plaster it all over in the face of white audiences like it's something we've done then? Why loot stores and block highways? Just STFU with the whining and make the change within.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

You agreed with me the solution is within. Why plaster it all over in the face of white audiences like it's something we've done then? Why loot stores and block highways? Just STFU with the whining and make the change within.
    We can't turn our backs. Remember, trillions have been poured into the community.

Now they rely on that and are set in a way of life.

There might need to be a shift in how those resources are deployed in order to instigate the change.

It's just the way it goes when managing a country of people with a social budget like the US and especially the individual state that have let some things just go too far.

It takes a village, and it always will.

dlowilly

We can't turn our backs. Remember, trillions have been poured into the community.

Now they rely on that and are set in a way of life.

There might need to be a shift in how those resources are deployed in order to instigate the change.

It's just the way it goes when managing a country of people with a social budget like the US and especially the individual state that have let some things just go too far.

It takes a village, and it always will.
    Come on now

That all sounds good, but if the problem and the solution is within that stuff is irrelevant. It's like addiction, 99% of quitting is wanting to quit, not advertisements and lectures telling you to.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Come on now

That all sounds good, but if the problem and the solution is within that stuff is irrelevant. It's like addiction, 99% of quitting is wanting to quit, not advertisements and lectures telling you to.
    You're right, but once they want to quit, there needs to be help available.

Some parts of the country do this, others fail miserably.

But on that point, if they only know one thing, and don't even know that change can happen because of generational stagnation, then who failed who?

We need more successful blacks to lean into their community even more than they do.

Bill Cosby was actually the right guy for all of this and if he were in his prime now he'd not only be druggin' and fukkin', he'd be telling black youth to pull their pants up.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Tell us Emily, would you rather, if you could choose, watch that at the beginning of a sporting event for a week or so, or wear a mask in a place that wants you to wear one?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

...That all sounds good, but if the problem and the solution is within that stuff is irrelevant. It's like addiction, 99% of quitting is wanting to quit, not advertisements and lectures telling you to.

You're right, but once they want to quit, there needs to be help available.

Some parts of the country do this, others fail miserably.

But on that point, if they only know one thing, and don't even know that change can happen because of generational stagnation, then who failed who?
    Honestly dlow, we are getting to the essence of things. Good points are made in both posts.

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

First 123456 ... Last