homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

the (unspoken and spoken) reasons why NFL is in serious doubt and CFB is done

Gents
    please understand my favorite sport by far is CFB. my second favorite by far is NFL. i like other sports but nowhere near the LOVE i have for CFB and NFL since 1985 when i was 10 years old. nothing compares to them as a spectator, in my book.

my opinion on spoken and unspoken reasons why they will Not play this Fall and maybe not until a safe vaccine is released:

(in no particular order)

- too much contact. body piles on literally every play. no other sport comes close to this much contact. NBA sweaty bodies? i will explain later

- too many players and team personnel on a roster. too hard to keep a bubble and contain everyone. too difficult to spread out the locker room for distance. too many people to keep track of

- overweight and in many cases unhealthy Offensive Lineman. no other major team sport has people with the BMI and sometimes obesity that football has with OL. one of them will end up on a ventilator and the pic will hit MSM and the internet and the optics will look terrible and then the entire OL on his team who were near him will need to sit out. the DL who he went against on every team will have to sit out too

- african americans dying at a higher rate than any other ethnicity, as they have been known to have sickle cell anemia and many other underlying health issues. so take a black OL and you have the Most At Risk guy in basically all of team sports. he will end up on a ventilator fighting for his life

***Why can the NBA with so many black athletes play even though they are sweating and contacting all over the floor? BECAUSE THEY ARE AMONGST THE MOST WELL CONDITIONED ATHLETES ON THE PLANET AND YOU CANNOT COMPARE THEM TO OFFENSIVE LINEMAN IN THE NFL OR CFB

please do not shoot the messenger. i hate it as much as anyone. no one on earth is more disappointed than i am, trust me. i fukking live for football.

This fukking sucks ballllls.

The end
    Last edited by homie1975; 07-21-20 at 11:46 AM.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 174

I made a thread doubting nba return and I was wrong

u will b wrong as well

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Sigh

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Goodell would pimp out his 12 year old daughter if it meant an NFL season.

They'll play.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

To many guys depending on NFL to feed their families.

No one gives a shit about covid at this point.

Anything can happen but I really hope NFL goes off as planned.

johnnyvegas13

I realize u r looking at the logistics reasons

but nfl is sports gold standard

if they not playing the world is prob ending

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7071

Then when a star player gets sick and misses weeks, he'll get cursed out up and down for hurting people's fantasy teams

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    I made a thread doubting nba return and I was wrong

u will b wrong as well
    i never doubted NBA would play. NEVER. i have only predicted NFL and CFB troubles.

if someone can find where i said the NBA would not play, please find it.

i will eat my words on that.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

They will play.

This is why the GOP wants to pass lawsuit immunity for businesses in the HEROES ACT.

Once that passes, the season is rock solid.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

They're both going to play. Stop waiting for another shoe to drop. Life is going forward. Please join us, my friend.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Virus injury list a problem. Can't tell on testing reliability, and owners are spending 75 mill on 120 tests per day, per team. Results? Yeah those will be fast when you are doing like 4,000 test per day

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

And the reason NFL will go on....$$$$$$$

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Sucks they are all going to play and put their health in risk (except antonio brown) and then the NFL is going to have it's record breaking lowest ratings season because goddell is a pussy and kneels down to the national anthem

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The consequence of pervasive secular values is the prioritization of death over life. As a nation, we’ve seemingly decided the avoidance of death is more important than the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness.

For people who do not believe in the afterlife, fear of death wields total control over decision-making. America’s founders, flawed as they were, believed they answered to a Higher Power and in the concept of heaven and hell. They prioritized life over death because their religious faith softened the consequence of death on this earth.

Collectively we no longer believe that. We have a death obsession. There is no freedom we will not sacrifice in pursuit of avoiding death. A nation that fought a revolutionary war over taxation without representation and an even bloodier civil war over the abolishment of slavery has spent four months afraid to breathe and cowering at home fearful of a virus with a 99 percent recovery rate.

The expansion of American freedom, from the Civil War to Civil Rights, had traditionally been won by the men and women concerned with being on the right side of God.

We now wet our fingers, hold them in the air and move at the whim of social media trends. We serve death, not life. We value the old more than the young, the people nearest death over the ones just starting their journey. We used to sacrifice our lives to leave the next generation a better world. We’ve lost that resolve.

Fear-based decision-making is destroying the future of our youth. We can’t keep kids locked in homes, socially distanced indefinitely. The delay and potential cancellation of fall sports will have a devastating impact on young people.

The unintended consequence of fear is death, the death of opportunity.

We’re killing the future of kids with our cultural obsession with death.

- Jason Whitlock

This is just snippets of his article. I didn't want to copy and paste too much of it and possibly bore people. The whole article is here:

https://www.outkick.com/obsession-wi...-can-not-live/

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    They're both going to play. Stop waiting for another shoe to drop. Life is going forward. Please join us, my friend.
    Mr. JR Ewing, literally NOTHING right now can make me happier (not even sex) than the NFL and CFB both playing.

however, i am willing to settle for either right now or a trimmed down schedule

I JUST WANT FOOTBALL. BADLY

(by the logical person in me cannot see the path at this time, i just cannot. cases piling up again, it's the Tue spike day)

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

They'll almost certainly play, just with constant testing. Every factor you mentioned becomes pretty much a non-factor with enough testing. NFL is the most lucrative league in the US, they'll do whatever they can to make it go

I'm a pessimist by nature, so this is absolutely not based on some optimism or hope that it'll happen. Realistically, it'll happen

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    Sucks they are all going to play and put their health in risk (except antonio brown) and then the NFL is going to have it's record breaking lowest ratings season because goddell is a pussy and kneels down to the national anthem
    Pussy boy Kapler kneeled during the Anthem last night in Oakland

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Baseball in the independent American Association THIS MONTH!

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Baseball in the independent American Association THIS MONTH!

you know why right?

- players completely spaced all over the field
    - much smaller rosters than football

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

CFB will not go ahead because they don't get paid. A very small few have a shot at a post college career but the other 90%+ don't.
    When the virus starts to show up these 90% will say Haste La Vista baby, I'm outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Gents
    please understand my favorite sport by far is CFB. my second favorite by far is NFL. i like other sports but nowhere near the LOVE i have for CFB and NFL since 1985 when i was 10 years old. nothing compares to them as a spectator, in my book.

my opinion on spoken and unspoken reasons why they will Not play this Fall and maybe not until a safe vaccine is released:

(in no particular order)

- too much contact. body piles on literally every play. no other sport comes close to this much contact. NBA sweaty bodies? i will explain later

- too many players and team personnel on a roster. too hard to keep a bubble and contain everyone. too difficult to spread out the locker room for distance. too many people to keep track of

- overweight and in many cases unhealthy Offensive Lineman. no other major team sport has people with the BMI and sometimes obesity that football has with OL. one of them will end up on a ventilator and the pic will hit MSM and the internet and the optics will look terrible and then the entire OL on his team who were near him will need to sit out. the DL who he went against on every team will have to sit out too

- african americans dying at a higher rate than any other ethnicity, as they have been known to have sickle cell anemia and many other underlying health issues. so take a black OL and you have the Most At Risk guy in basically all of team sports. he will end up on a ventilator fighting for his life

***Why can the NBA with so many black athletes play even though they are sweating and contacting all over the floor? BECAUSE THEY ARE AMONGST THE MOST WELL CONDITIONED ATHLETES ON THE PLANET AND YOU CANNOT COMPARE THEM TO OFFENSIVE LINEMAN IN THE NFL OR CFB

please do not shoot the messenger. i hate it as much as anyone. no one on earth is more disappointed than i am, trust me. i fukking live for football.

The end

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

athletes zero risk with corona

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How did they all become pussies overnight?

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Coach we don't know long term risks if virus yet. it is Novel, it is new. we just don't know. if it was my kid playing we'd be lawyered up right now.

stake1

homie1975

NFL over under = 4.5 games before they have to scrap it due to logistics and COVID clusters on certain teams / position groups on teams

johnnyvegas13

NFL over under = 4.5 games before they have to scrap it due to logistics and COVID clusters on certain teams / position groups on teams
    Dude they won’t throw away billions

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Dude they won’t throw away billions
    they might not have a choice. the NFL does not appear to have a solid bubble plan like the NBA does

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Thy'll play. OL are more athletic than you think. They used to be fat asses but now sure they are giant fat asses still, but now the fat ass part is muscle and beer belly. I think they will need to add roster spots during the year for entire units to quarantine. So the entire offensive line will need to take off a couple of weeks. Should make for some interesting play and betting opportunities. The guy with the most to lose is the coach. Most are old bastards who will be walking the sideline with a mask on. This way they won't have to use the play sheet to cover their mouths when talking into the headset.

stake1

Safety and Testing with quick results. Issues with both. But hey, there will be helmet stickers

The NFL is planning to allow players to have decals on the back of their helmets bearing names or initials of victims of systemic racism and police violence, a league source told The Undefeated's Jason Reid. Individual players will be given the option to choose different names, the source said.

The league has been in talks with players and their union since June about somehow honoring such victims. The NFL also is planning to have "Lift Every Voice And Sing," traditionally known as the Black national anthem, performed live or played before every Week 1 game.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

I don`t have an opinion on over/under 4.5 or any games, but I would love to see a line on 'if' season plays to completion.
    I understand the $$$, but so many fukkin` unknown variables and moving parts go into an NFL game compared to NBA, I firmly believe there is a chance of the season being cancelled at some point.

And like you homie, I would be devastated on the weekends in the winter with no football.

cybersharp
    Update your status
    cybersharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Bottom line is, these athletes are in better health than 80% of the population
    and 30-40 years younger than the truly imperiled demographic.

The talk about "spikes" and "exploding cases" is simply the logical result of
    stepped-up testing. My understanding is that deaths are decreasing, except in
    Texan-Mexican border towns and several other groups with large "compromised"
    populations.

This virus kills WELL UNDER 1% of those it infects! We can have college/pro sports
    in this environment simply by protecting at-risk citizens (old people and those with
    weakened immune systems) and being vigilant about minimizing other risk factors.

So I share the OP's love of football, pro and college. but I cannot believe it's necessary
    to shut down virtually all sports. It just isn't. No sense "waiting for a vaccine" that may
    NEVER come.

AIDS has been around for 40-plus years. We STILL don't have a vaccine for it, even
    though it's ALSO killed hundreds of thousands too.

Should we wait for something that might never arrive, while inflicting unnecessary
    hardships while we do? I vote No.

Nappyx
    Nappyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 616

I'm a black man only 150 pounds with the sickle cell trait that Gents is referring to. Had my first bout with blood clots when I was 34 years old and worry that Covid could cause a recurrence of the issue so I keep my ass away from you skeptics

Gents

(in no particular order)

The end

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Quote Originally Posted by Nappyx View Post
    I'm a black man only 150 pounds with the sickle cell trait that Gents is referring to. Had my first bout with blood clots when I was 34 years old and worry that Covid could cause a recurrence of the issue so I keep my ass away from you skeptics
    Ya, you're one of the target groups for sure. Young and not overweight bode well though. Stay Safe.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Nappyx View Post
    there it is, right there. from a fellow poster who is a black man but NOT overweight. he has the sickle cell trait. i am very surprised more here are not talking about it.

12 Last