LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I disagree. If all bets are action then that's that, putting pitchers doesn't even confuse that fact, bettors should be aware.

I would like to see the books continue to put the original pitchers that they are assuming when hanging the line, whether or not you can select listed. It's not only convenient, but revealing info as well (even if we can get it elsewhere).

Are we thinking this is just for the 2020 shortened season or is BM, or even the rest of the marketplace, looking to make this more permanent?
    It WOULD be confusing at books that have always had Listed Pitchers. Then bettors may not know about the change without checking book's rules first.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Don't be lost. Just remember that no pitchers listed means bets stand at odds placed no matter what. Pitchers should only be displayed if they matter (i.e., book accepts listed pitchers). I think it would be dangerous to display pitchers if all bets are action at odds placed, THAT would lead to confusion.
    I doubt they would show pitchers anymore. Absolutely no reason to.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

It WOULD be confusing at books that have always had Listed Pitchers. Then bettors may not know about the change without checking book's rules first.
    I get that, but when you can only buy action they'll learn fast.

Not enough reason to not put the pitchers in my opinion.

So what's the drive behind the chagne at BM? Is because of the current season or is it because of the evolution in pitcher usage in the MLB (which is still in an early stage and hasn't totally evolved yet).

LT Profits

I disagree. If all bets are action then that's that, putting pitchers doesn't even confuse that fact, bettors should be aware.

I would like to see the books continue to put the original pitchers that they are assuming when hanging the line, whether or not you can select listed. It's not only convenient, but revealing info as well (even if we can get it elsewhere).

Are we thinking this is just for the 2020 shortened season or is BM, or even the rest of the marketplace, looking to make this more permanent?
    And to my point, Bookmaker went from displaying pitchers to displaying Action

LT Profits

So what's the drive behind the chagne at BM? Is because of the current season or is it because of the evolution in pitcher usage in the MLB (which is still in an early stage and hasn't totally evolved yet).
    I think it has more to do with so many cancelled bets last year due to last-minute Openers.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by hb123 View Post
    Don't like that at all. Gonna get stuck with some jabronis with late COVID scratches.
    Or the opposite happens. Wager smart.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

In Bookmaker's case, it has to be due to the shortened season and the uncertainty of the virus, testing results, etc. They cannot be in the business of monitoring every scratched pitcher across the board as there will likely be A LOT. I am sure this virus has hurt their manpower as well. I would make a strong guess that next season, assuming this shit is under control by then, Bookmaker will be back to listing pitchers.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

1 unit on every +110 or better action underdog for the first week. I'll bet that does well.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Regardless, one should wait until 2 seconds before first pitch to place their bets. Just because action is action does not mean the lines won't move once the book is aware of the change. Unless they just take it off the board entirely, which is not out of the equation.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Why? That leaves you opened to getting stuck with any line they feel like dealing you!! A seasoned gambler such as yourself should know better!
    It's better to bet action. Especially if you take dogs.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I think it has more to do with so many cancelled bets last year due to last-minute Openers.
    I can't see how this would cause the change.

It's the nature of the business and nothing in that respect has really changed.

That also implies a permanent situation.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    In Bookmaker's case, it has to be due to the shortened season and the uncertainty of the virus, testing results, etc. They cannot be in the business of monitoring every scratched pitcher across the board as there will likely be A LOT. I am sure this virus has hurt their manpower as well. I would make a strong guess that next season, assuming this shit is under control by then, Bookmaker will be back to listing pitchers.
    I guess we'll have to see or even see if other books follos suit.

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Unless that a new thing that couldnt be further from the truth!
    in the Past ( not talking about these "new rules" ) if you placed an "Action" bet on a baseball game. No Pitchers listed at all, just plain old Action wager, the odds are locked in no matter who pitchers.
    and that's why some people believe the best time to play "Action" is playing a Dog vs. an "Ace", because if for whatever reason he doesn't start, you have a nice juicy dog price that is locked in and won't change.

I think most people don't realize what a true Action wager is, or just didn't look how it's written.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

I doubt they would show pitchers anymore. Absolutely no reason to.

And to my point, Bookmaker went from displaying pitchers to displaying Action
    That's obvious from the book's standpoint.

I'm talking from a bettor's standpoint.

In the end, I have strategies to bet the MLB market without considering the pitcher at all, strategies that have been fine for almost decade.

I was going to use only those strategies this season as many others take time to develop the data. There simply isn't the time with 60 games.

Perhaps Bm is aware of the type of market they will see this season and is just getting a jump on it.

If I were originating odds, making book, or both that's exactly what I would do.

SBR Tony

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    It's better to bet action. Especially if you take dogs.
    This!

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

In other words, pitchers don't matter.

Any evidence to the contrary becomes a confirmation bias or just noise.

SBR Tony

Don't be lost. Just remember that no pitchers listed means bets stand at odds placed no matter what. Pitchers should only be displayed if they matter (i.e., book accepts listed pitchers). I think it would be dangerous to display pitchers if all bets are action at odds placed, THAT would lead to confusion.
    Finally, Thank you

SBR Tony

Listed pitcher and Starting pitcher very different. Back to my original post. Bet Cole -400, and some bullpen guy starts instead. You still are getting -400. Thought I made it pretty clear the first time.
    Here you go, this guy was balling me the other day, but He gets it
    Someone that pays attention and knows what he's betting.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

In other words, pitchers don't matter.

Any evidence to the contrary becomes a confirmation bias or just noise.
    It does matter. They'd just rather deal with the sport this way than cancelling bets.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    It does matter. They'd just rather deal with the sport this way than cancelling bets.
    lol, you're right.

I was adding my post above it talking about some strategies that have worked aithout taking into the pitching. All action bets.

My post was little out of context by itself.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Which part of the thread title did you not understand. Fukin corona virus making everyone retarded

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

Just to be clear those betting baseball at Bookmaker...

In the PAST if you bet ACTION on a game with listed pitchers and there was a pitching change before the game the line you originally got CHANGED to the new adjusted line.

As of now all baseball wagers are considered action AND there will be no listed pitchers therefore whatever line you get you are locked in at.

Like I stated before....In the past if you had bet ACTION on the listed pitchers and Gerrit Cole was -400 but then got scratched you WOULD have gotten a new adjusted line. It is not this case anymore. They aren't even listing pitchers.
    Last edited by Mr. Teaser; 07-18-20 at 09:03 PM.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Teaser View Post
    Just to be clear those betting baseball at Bookmaker...

In the PAST if you bet ACTION on a game with listed pitchers and there was a pitching change before the game the line you originally got CHANGED to the new adjusted line.

As of now all baseball wagers are considered action AND there will be no listed pitchers therefore whatever line you get you are locked in at.

So in the past if you had bet ACTION on the listed pitchers and Gerrit Cole was -400 but then got scratched you WOULD have gotten a new adjusted line. It is not this case anymore. They aren't even listing pitchers.
    All correct, it goes back to the dual meaning of "Action". You gave an example of each meaning in your explanation. The very last thing you said is how most bettors have become familiar with the term, betting Action when there are listed pitchers meaning you get new line with a pitching change. This is not what is going on at Bookmaker though as they are listing "Action" as THE starting pitcher, making pitching changes moot.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

All correct, it goes back to the dual meaning of "Action". You gave an example of each meaning in your explanation. The very last thing you said is how most bettors have become familiar with the term, betting Action when there are listed pitchers meaning you get new line with a pitching change. This is not what is going on at Bookmaker though as they are listing "Action" as THE starting pitcher, making pitching changes moot.
    It's moot, but it's certainly not irrelevant. What's going to happen when bettors beat the book to key pitcher changes?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It's moot, but it's certainly not irrelevant. What's going to happen when bettors beat the book to key pitcher changes?
    Couldn't those same bettors always be able to do it, just betting "action" instead of "listed" then bam, bet the change and keep the number as the book adjusts?

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22145

What part of the thread title did you not understand?
    I understand exactly. Now action is the price listed. Tony said that it was this way previously. IT WAS NEVER THIS WAY UNTIL NOW..........Before action meant the book would adjust the price.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    I understand exactly. Now action is the price listed. Tony said that it was this way previously. IT WAS NEVER THIS WAY UNTIL NOW..........Before action meant the book would adjust the price.
    Again two different things. There is a difference between BETTING Action and LISTING Action. You are familiar with betting Action, which is done when there are listed pitchers, meaning you get new price with pitching change. That is not the same thing as listing "Action" as the starting pitcher, which locks in price no matter what. Bookmaker and a few other books started doing that last year when teams knew they were using Openers but often did not announce them until late in the day. So everything Tony said is right, apparently he bet some of those unknown Opener games at BM last year.

POISON
    POISON's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12889

I've got a bad feeling there are going to be a lot of guys getting quarantined....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The best way to bet is action

Believe it or not your outcome is always going to be the same in the long run regardless of who is pitching

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The best way to bet is action

Believe it or not your outcome is always going to be the same in the long run regardless of who is pitching

Aren't you always preaching how baseball is all about having the best pitchers and not the best hitters? Who you crappin'?

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Again two different things. There is a difference between BETTING Action and LISTING Action. You are familiar with betting Action, which is done when there are listed pitchers, meaning you get new price with pitching change. That is not the same thing as listing "Action" as the starting pitcher, which locks in price no matter what. Bookmaker and a few other books started doing that last year when teams knew they were using Openers but often did not announce them until late in the day. So everything Tony said is right, apparently he bet some of those unknown Opener games at BM last year.
    Again, excellent explanation.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I love reading all of these dumb comments

I was worried if books would exist by Jan 2021

I can see, they will

Rowlo
    Rowlo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

I would take a closer look at the new rules and the way they are being graded by Bookmaker. Yesterday I do not win the Houston Astros game due to the game ending in the bottom of the 9th with two outs left and the game called due to pitch count. Today I loose the Colorado Rockies game due to the game cancelled at the bottom of the ninth again without the Rockies playing bottom of the 9th. Seems like cheating to me Team. Can someone advise if Betonline is not following these new Bookmaker rules, as it is surely time to switch books. I am so disappointed in Bookmaker having it both ways. The most bizarre MLB grading I have ever seen.

Rowlo
    Rowlo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

UPDATE:

Bookmaker has changed my two multi team parlays today for White Sox game cancelled in the bottom of the 9th to winners with the White Sox game being a push/cancel. This would be more consistent with the cancelation of my lost parlay for yesterdays two play parlay with Houston money and over!

First 123