SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

toppling statues, renaming historical places, streets, towns. syrup What's next?

Burning Books?????

It's HISTORY, it Happened, move forward

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Analyzing the actions of BLM and their ANTIFA provocateurs is like analyzing the work of a toddler with a crayon

TATUMUS
    TATUMUS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9863

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And that process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

-George Orwell. "1984."

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again, Tony.

The modern day equivalent is (IMO) the censorship that Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Google practice.

What a human tragedy it would be to destroy Ancient Greek Literature and Philosophy.

After all, they had slaves.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

To y do you think the statues shall remain and the street names left unchanged?

SBR Tony

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    are we talking about streets and statues of the Founding Fathers? Yes they should stay
    if it's just some slave owner or whatever, they could go.

I have a problem if they want a George Washington statue to go

Nobody is perfect, there have been many mistakes over a couple of 100 years, but it did happen

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Tony

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    All historic White people street names in America will be the next target and deemed racist after all the historic Statues are torn down. Give it a year or two. Statues are the target for now.. Street names got next..

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    are we talking about streets and statues of the Founding Fathers? Yes they should stay
    if it's just some slave owner or whatever, they could go.

I have a problem if they want a George Washington statue to go

Nobody is perfect, there have been many mistakes over a couple of 100 years, but it did happen
    Agree, no one is perfect, and I don’t think by toppling statues and renaming streets their goal is to erase history. They just dont want the constant reminder that for over 100 years their lineage were slaves to white men.

And your point about founding fathers brings up a bigger point, that many of them were slave owners themselves. And many men that wrote the dec of independence and the constitution were slave owners as well. This supports the argument that our nation and our laws is set up for hite person to succeed and a black person to fail. This is slowly changing

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

If it weren't for statues

I'd know ZERO about history

super important

Leave them up!

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4511

Trump laying down the hammer... 10 year jail time for vandalizing monuments

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Trump is a
    Legend

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

i just wonder how many books will be taken out of the libraries in the high schools now with all that going on.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

hard time to be a statue

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

3D hologram type virtual statues will be the thing of the future , can change them up, cant topple them and go with the flow
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave trytrytry 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Tony

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

if my lib timepiece is correct it's half past black and quarter to roe V. Wade O'clock !!

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    If it weren't for statues

I'd know ZERO about history

super important

Leave them up!
    It's funny, some things going down and those taking them down are learning why after the fact.

It's amazing the surge in US history being taught as this happens. Some of the negativity, like "Eskimo" hasn't had a negative connotation in our culture for so long many don't know why it's a target.

I don't agree with erasing history, but some things probably shouldn't even be targets, like eskimo.

Here's the what might by the first bronze horse statue of a rearing horse that balanced on just it's feet (not like Peter in Moscow, who's horse's tail touches the ground). All other attempts in all of history before this broke off at the base.

That's the statue they tried to pull down, but couldn't before being stopped...

carolinakid

i just wonder after dark tonite, what will they go after..

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    It's funny, some things going down and those taking them down are learning why after the fact.

It's amazing the surge in US history being taught as this happens. Some of the negativity, like "Eskimo" hasn't had a negative connotation in our culture for so long many don't know why it's a target.

I don't agree with erasing history, but some things probably shouldn't even be targets, like eskimo.

Here's the what might by the first bronze horse statue of a rearing horse that balanced on just it's feet (not like Peter in Moscow, who's horse's tail touches the ground). All other attempts in all of history before this broke off at the base.

That's the statue they tried to pull down, but couldn't before being stopped...

Just take a long look at every single person involved in tearing down statues, protesting, rioting, looting, and so on, and you will notice by their appearance, that they're all losers in every of life.

Trashy ppl simple as that

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Just take a long look at every single person involved in tearing down statues, protesting, rioting, looting, and so on, and you will notice by their appearance, that they're all losers in every of life.

Trashy ppl simple as that
    Clueless is what they are.

Saw some of them wearing Che Guevara shirts...lol.

Clueless.

SBR Tony

shouldn't they be going after portugal? because they started it all

day one, they sold them first, brought them here to America

Free airline tickets to portugal to all protesters
    one way

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    shouldn't they be going after portugal? because they started it all

day one, they sold them first, brought them here to America

Free airline tickets to portugal to all protesters
    one way

True

And there's been slavery all across the world at some point.

Only difference is all other countries have moved on and forgotten about it, but we are stuck with ppl who refuse to do the same

carolinakid

i wonder how much some of these thugs are getting paid to do this.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

These losers will move on from statues to people.

Already trying to cancel the police.

Say one negative thing about BLM on social media and the mob tries to find your address, where you work and do everything possible to destroy your life.

carolinakid

yep it like a snowball rolling down the mt and picking up speed, somehow we got to stop it......most of these are just using the blm label to loot and tear up our country imo.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    These losers will move on from statues to people.

Already trying to cancel the police.

Say one negative thing about BLM on social media and the mob tries to find your address, where you work and do everything possible to destroy your life.
    McCarthyism but with no component of "we're doing this for security, or democracy, or whatever," just a lot of tearing down for no greater assumed purpose.

Blacklistings, loss of jobs, it's all here everybody.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2120

What's next? Moving these threads to Saloon...

Oh yeah and... Tear it down!

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Asking people to move forward but yet allowing people who don’t like black people to use some of those symbols like confederate flags is a bit hypocritical don’t you think?
    Also how can you ask people to move forward when people on this site and all across the US can’t move forward and treat each citizen of the US equally?
    Please move forward because you don’t want to deal with it and because it doesn’t fit what you are ok with. SBR employees hiding in their Costa Rica bubble sharing group think. Not a one of them is willing to stand out.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Asking people to move forward but yet allowing people who don’t like black people to use some of those symbols like confederate flags is a bit hypocritical don’t you think?
    Also how can you ask people to move forward when people on this site and all across the US can’t move forward and treat each citizen of the US equally?
    Please move forward because you don’t want to deal with it and because it doesn’t fit what you are ok with. SBR employees hiding in their Costa Rica bubble sharing group think. Not a one of them is willing to stand out.

Ok here in lays the problem with the left and their failed premise, ignorance of law.

1- nobody has to treat or respect anyone equally unless it involves an application of law (job interview, apartment or loan application, benefits, etc) criteria including, but not limed to race, sex, religion, etc....

Other than that, so long as I don't harm your private property or batter you, I don't have to talk to you and I can reference you by any name I'd like. I can fly a nazi or confederate flag all day long and it's you, not me, who would be in the wrong for being intolerant of my rights if you attempted to stop me.

2- the purpose of a statue, park, road or plaque is its indefinite duration. Whereas a book can be revised, rewritten or have parts omitted, a statue is there to remind and educate all about our past, who we are or where we came from- right or wrong. The subjective removal of statues and names like Lee or Jackson or Calhoun or Davis does a disservice to history. These are families who, a generation before the civil war, founded this Country. Lee's in Virginia signed the DOI, Lee is a relative of Washington, West Point graduate and his homestead was given to the Country as a burial ground, now known as Arlington National Cemetery. To discredit Lee is to discredit Washington- without whom we wouldn't even have a Country or a peaceful transfer of power or a civilian military. Others, Davis gor example, is related by marriage to 3 or 4 US presidents...are they all bad? Jackson saved the Country from invasion by the British with an army outmanned 3:1. They all have to go? What history will you teach? Will history just be Jefferson and not about his slaves and if you want to stretch it, rape of slaves???

I saw Teddy Roosevelt (r) had to go the other day, but Wilson (d) still is cool? Does anyone know Wilson's history in carving up African colonies post WW1 and how he viewed blacks as "so inferior to the white race as to be ungovernable.....they are much better off with colonial masters" (Paris 1919).

Here in Minnesota Griffith had his statue taken down for a tongue in cheek remark of economic fact, yet Pohlads name continues in good will despite Marquete banks having the lowest % of home mortgages to blacks in the 7 county metro 1950-2000.

We have renamed Lake Calhoun because I guess he was a proponent of slavery in the 1830s but we keep the Humphrey name on everything around here despite ole Hubert running a freeway thru the north side, then eliminating the shelters and housing on Wash Ave only to 'relocate' MPLS black to a 8 square mile area known only as "the north side" which is 90% black.

Slavery, long standing slavery, is Spanish and British and French in its roots....but you don't see this stupid shit taking place in the European world....does the statue of King Charles come down in London? King Louie in Paris?

These are KINGS for christ's sake lol, not even elected officials, that enabled slavery.

No, the outrage is nothing more than stupid sheep following stupid leaders for a stupid cause that serves no purpose.

No white guy is going to give a black guy a job because of this, no black woman is going to get a better mortgage rate because of this....you want to tear down some history, start with the historical alliance between Democrats and black voters. Look at that history and educate yourself there.... the dude w the Confederate flag on his truck isn't the one filling your mind w hate, promises and empty rhetoric. No, that dude actually doesn't want to bother you so don't bother him....the dude that's harming you, that lying to you, that's oppressing you and making you feel bad is the Politican with the (D) behind his name. His story, his plotline, his rhetoric, that's what YOU need to get over. Black Americans have been sold a pile if shit by the Democrats in this Country...a big pile of shit, full of hope, dreams, promises, programs, assistance, etc.

Get over it, you're life is worth more if you don't constantly view yourself as a victim. Afterall, how can I view you as an equal if you don't even view yourself as one. It must be absolutely pathetic to think you exist only as a subordinate, but the truth is, when your entire race is a 95% lock for one party you are subordinate to their leadership....and that has nothing to do with the Confederate flag, in fact, that type of political unity for a racial purpose is in and of itself, very indicative of the claims you make against the confederate flag.

The BLM argument lost it's legitimacy with the vandalism and riots. That was the end of any hope black Americans had for change. White Americans will always give lip service to the cause, but will continue to move to the burbs or areas blacks cannot afford, send their kids to nicer schools and own the business and hire the staff. Meanwhile, the urban areas have been left to black Americans. Their history, culture, parks, homes, etc, all that built this country and its middle class, all the infrastructure and achievements and art, etc and in 2 generations basically, all of it is destroyed by black Americans and their voting patterns.

You want everyone to treat everyone equal....then your community needs to do an equally good job maintaining itself, your children need to do equally well in school, your father's need to do equally well as a husband and your politics should reflect equality, not inferiority and subordination. That's what needs to be moved on from.
    Points Awarded:

THE HITMAN gave MinnesotaFats 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR Tony gave MinnesotaFats 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bandit gave MinnesotaFats 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2120

This question reminds me of a question I was contemplating the other night:

My extended warranty on the refrigerator has expired. Should I renew it?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

reparations

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    reparations
    Probably.

Amazes me liberals won't just volunteer their wealth to Black Americans thou....

Buffet and Gates and Bezo and Zuckerberg all pay lip service to it, but those 3 could give every black family $100,000 tomorrow if they wanted...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody is giving them a dime people are all talk

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Probably.

Amazes me liberals won't just volunteer their wealth to Black Americans thou....

Buffet and Gates and Bezo and Zuckerberg all pay lip service to it, but those 3 could give every black family $100,000 tomorrow if they wanted...

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nobody is giving them a dime people are all talk
    Dig deep within, Gold, and ask yourself...are you down with the movement?

123 Last