MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The election will likely be decided by events outside of both candidates control. If their is a vaccine more than a month before the election that could change everything. This is the most fluid presidential race in many years and the polls in swing states are much closer than the national polls.
    Good point about the swing state polls being closer than the national polls, but that's offset somewhat by the fact that the amount of swing states has gotten larger, all at Trump's expense.

Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, Ohio, Florida and NC all would've started the cycle pink, but now have to be considered toss ups. On the other side, I can't think of a single light blue state we've had to add to the tossup pile.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    Yeah, McGovern's campaign was a comedy of errors, but even if it hadn't been nobody was beating Nixon in '72.

In a 9 month span he went to Beijing and reopened China for the first time in 25 years AND he went to Moscow and signed the SALT I Treaty, ushering in the era of detente. I think Nixon (possibly with Kissinger) deserved the Nobel Peace Prize for 1972.

And let's not forget Adlai Stevenson, the only nominee to get blown out in a landslide twice. That's gotta be worth some "I suck" points.
    LOL. Thanks for sharing. I was born after McGovern but know historically he sucked.

Just looked up Stevenson... my oh my. Back to back beat downs. That’s pretty bold to send him back up there. Like Red Ass trying to get his bike back from Debo. What’s most noticeable is looking at the electoral map during that time. Such a different country now.

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    What’s most noticeable is looking at the electoral map during that time. Such a different country now.
    Totally agree, the changes have been insane. Check out the map for '76. You'd think some intern got the colors reversed: https://www.270towin.com/1976_Election/

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Totally agree, the changes have been insane. Check out the map for '76. You'd think some intern got the colors reversed: https://www.270towin.com/1976_Election/
    Wow. I’m going to look at more of these. 76! Damn!!!!
    Points Awarded:

MeanPeopleSuck gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

When the corinavurus spikes in the fall people will blame Trump no matter what. I would take Biden for sure, and pray he doesn't die in the next couple months.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Maybe. Biden might get to -200
    It's possible
    However, 2 months ago, Biden was +money

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

So obv trump will win

books only hope to trick u guys w line move
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mr KLC

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

can't wait for the triggered meltdowns should be epic

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Some good points here that I second made by navy blue and morino, especially that this is a fluid election. A lot will change by November.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    can't wait for the triggered meltdowns should be epic
    If trump does win, this will be on a much grander scale than 2016.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Otter chalks are always for suckers

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good point about the swing state polls being closer than the national polls, but that's offset somewhat by the fact that the amount of swing states has gotten larger, all at Trump's expense.

Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, Ohio, Florida and NC all would've started the cycle pink, but now have to be considered toss ups. On the other side, I can't think of a single light blue state we've had to add to the tossup pile.
    Georgia and Ohio are not toss ups, I do agree that their are more states in play though this time around.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Looking at the 270 map, I have to disagree with some of these. Iowa as pink? Didn’t the DNC completely penetrate up the caucus. Michigan as light blue? Didnt trump win there 4 years ago and they have an idiot D governor? Arizona and Florida should lean trump you still have a lot of old people and Cubans in Florida that hate Fidel Castro. I put Maine all blue and Nebraska all red for arguments sake and that puts it 244-233 trump. Michigan Pa Wis and NC tossups. Maybe he blows Georgia and Ohio if things go awry.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

Get this before aug 28th because they say its going to go to -200

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I will gladly take trump +170 , +180

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I can't back a can'tidate at -145 when he can't find his way out of the basement or can't construct a sentence much less an entire paragraph. I'll be on the Trumpster at plus money. I think the polls are off. First off who in their right mind even response to the polls? Even if I did, I would lie and say I like the dude who I really don't. I also believe that allot of Trumpo supporters are in the closet and will not tell anyone they are voting for the Trumpenator.

Finally who is the Biden picking for VP? He is running out of black women to vet right. Kamala is a prosecutor so that doesn't sit well with the BLM crowd. The lady from Orlando is a former cop so she has the same problem. That pretty much leaves Stacey Abrams who is a sore loser with no political wins ever in life. Maybe he can convince himself that Big Chief Dancing Spaz Warren isn't actually white.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Yes , I think so . [ -145 ] - I will take it !!

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Usually, whoever wins FL wins the WH. Same thing should happen this go around. The curveball could be Arizona because their electorate is different than Fla., Mich, Pa., and Wisconsin. They are surrounded by blue states and seem to be headed more that way, which could be enough to tilt the election for Joe. Too early to say, though.

By the way, new TG poll out today shows Michigan a dead heat between Trump-Biden. New NC poll shows Trump +3. I would say that's good news for Trump given he's probably as low as he may ever be and he's still polling well in battleground states. He's getting killed in national polls, but they tend to target more big city populations. He's doing better in state polls.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

silent majority

thomorino

2 things I keep hearing that are wrong is that their is an enthusiasm gap and that Biden can’t win because he’s a weak candidate. The left is not enthusiastic about Biden but they are enthusiastic about beating trump so I don’t see an enthusiasm gap even though no one seems to care much for Biden. The other point is that when first term presidents are up for re-election the election is mostly a referendum on the incumbent. Biden is dumb, corrupt, and his campaign has no ideas, but the election will still likely mostly be a referendum on Trump.

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

If Trump wants to win, he should probably stop tweeting sh*t like this...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·
    2h

PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I have Biden at +125. Looking to grab some Trump when he hits +150.

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Bunker Boy should also stop saying sh*t like...

Kung Flu...

Slow the testing down...

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

I would only bet the D's to win or some prop like the No on Trump getting re-elected.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Trump will get closer to +200 by the election. Media already ramming +14 polls into the headlines. Biden should have what is an insurmountable lead but is a moron for pledging to select a female VP, and what now looks likely to be unqualified minority women as the only remaining candidates. This could narrow his lead, and with the right amount of voter suppression Trump may just hang on. It will be much more interesting that it should be. All Biden had to do was choose someone like Cory Booker and it would have been game over.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

2 things I keep hearing that are wrong is that their is an enthusiasm gap and that Biden can’t win because he’s a weak candidate. The left is not enthusiastic about Biden but they are enthusiastic about beating trump so I don’t see an enthusiasm gap even though no one seems to care much for Biden. The other point is that when first term presidents are up for re-election the election is mostly a referendum on the incumbent. Biden is dumb, corrupt, and his campaign has no ideas, but the election will still likely mostly be a referendum on Trump.
    This is a very good post and I’ve said much of the same thing.

jonal
    jonal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2195

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    silent majority
    2016 Popular votes
    Hillary Clinton = 65,853,514
    Donald Trump = 62,984,828

In before excuses from Trump supporters on how "unfair" this upcoming election will be... Trump is already teeing up some fake news on how the Dems will steal the election, due to mail in ballots. Ask Trump what he plans to do about it, says all you need to know. What a disgraceful boy Trump is.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by jonal View Post
    2016 Popular votes
    Hillary Clinton = 65,853,514
    Donald Trump = 62,984,828

In before excuses from Trump supporters on how "unfair" this upcoming election will be... Trump is already teeing up some fake news on how the Dems will steal the election, due to mail in ballots. Ask Trump what he plans to do about it, says all you need to know. What a disgraceful boy Trump is.
    Yeah, because the popular vote actually means something. There's a reason we don't use the popular vote. We're the United States, not the United Nation.

MeanPeopleSuck

Georgia and Ohio are not toss ups, I do agree that their are more states in play though this time around.
    I've actually got bets on Trump to win both Georgia and Ohio, so I share your belief that both states will inch back onto the red side, but given current polling it's basically impossible not to call them tossups:

Ohio: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...-general/ohio/

Georgia: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...neral/georgia/

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Usually, whoever wins FL wins the WH. Same thing should happen this go around. The curveball could be Arizona because their electorate is different than Fla., Mich, Pa., and Wisconsin. They are surrounded by blue states and seem to be headed more that way, which could be enough to tilt the election for Joe. Too early to say, though.

By the way, new TG poll out today shows Michigan a dead heat between Trump-Biden. New NC poll shows Trump +3. I would say that's good news for Trump given he's probably as low as he may ever be and he's still polling well in battleground states. He's getting killed in national polls, but they tend to target more big city populations. He's doing better in state polls.
    Good post, solid points.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    Lol

Who is “They”?

CNN?

Lol

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    If you're a gambler, get Trump +120
    Then, when Trump gets steam, and becomes the favorite at -145, take Biden +120

The reason why I say this is because this election cycle is volatile and toxic. These lines will spike.

We don't have those lines in Vegas, so I can't bet it. But that's what I would do.
    offshore>vegas lol

jonal
    jonal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2195

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Yeah, because the popular vote actually means something. There's a reason we don't use the popular vote. We're the United States, not the United Nation.
    i spew sometimes.

thomorino

I've actually got bets on Trump to win both Georgia and Ohio, so I share your belief that both states will inch back onto the red side, but given current polling it's basically impossible not to call them tossups:

Ohio: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...-general/ohio/

Georgia: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...neral/georgia/
    Trump is at the lowest point of his presidency in the polls right now, he’s not likely to be where he is now on Election Day.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25558

I got Trump loses election at plus $ a while back because I am not sure Biden makes it to election. This is 2020 after all.

I don't think Trump has done much to help himself the past few months, but a lot can happen between now and November.

Be nice to have two decent candidates to choose from.

First 123 Last