mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 873

The local taxpayer subsidized all these new stadiums and arenas. How many were all self funded by ownership?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    The local taxpayer subsidized all these new stadiums and arenas. How many were all self funded by ownership?
    None that I’m aware of.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Yeah I'm good with NBA going away now.. Bunch of high paid race baiting bitches playing the game now. It's all about money and contracts now also..

Let's start a new league.. NBA is a garbage product now.. They all hug and kiss now before games.. Old school that never happened..

I really miss 80's and 90's NBA basketball!!! Jordan Bulls were fun.. Detroit Bad Boys were fun.. Bird and Magic Celtics/Lakers were fun.. Even the Kobe/Shaq Lakers were fun..
    Even Kobe and Shaq? Kobe and Shaq would destroy the bad boys. Bill Lambeer was a loser, and I'm from Detroit. You call tackling guys in mid air basketball? That's how you end someone's career on the spot.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Good call. I like the idea of defunding these clowns. Most of my black friends don’t even watch this joke of a league because of the points you just made so it’s not racial. The product just sucks. We are also over 35 and remember the glory days of the NBA.
    NBA been shit since Durant moved to the warriors but the year prior, James coming back from 3-1 was historic, and a crazy game 7, and then a couple years before, Spurs Heat where Ray Allen hit the 3. I'll never forget them wheeling out the trophy for the Spurs and setting up the tape/rope like it was over. Still gives me chills. Those were some great pretty recent moments.

Dirk in 2011 where he was down 15 in game 2 w 6 minutes left and went on a rampage. And then in 2010 where Kobe won b2b games with 2 broken fingers on his shooting hand. And he was down in game 7 by DD at the half. That game ended 83-79. A straight war.

I think once KD comes back into action, we're gonna see some really good physical playoff basketball. A lot of tier 3 players on the court now that average 25, but there's a lot of elite players with Lebron Kawhi KD Curry Lillard Embiid Giannis AD etc. Really not much different than any other era if you think about it. Not ever era is gonna have a Jordan or Kobe. Those two guys will probably never be replicated. Magic or Bird weren't them. And James/Wade/KD aren't them. We'll be waiting awhile.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Even Kobe and Shaq? Kobe and Shaq would destroy the bad boys. Bill Lambeer was a loser, and I'm from Detroit. You call tackling guys in mid air basketball? That's how you end someone's career on the spot.
    Lol I remember everyone saying this about Kobe and Shaq against the 03-04 Pistons. Even before that series Shaq hated playing against Ben Wallace. Most people regard the Bad Boys' Pistons better than that Pistons team, so I don't know. A young Shaq with the Magic didn't care for playing against Dennis Rodman either. Highly doubt they dominate with the same rules as back then. Maybe win but probably don't dominate.

Laimbeer is a douche though.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

People are getting fed up with the race thing everywhere

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

#nbalivesdontmatter

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

I try not to read of the whining or allegations of systemic racism (yawn)., Laker.

Only thing, it's a lot of betting opportunities to give up, at a time when betting opportunities are scarce.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I’ll bet but this is ridiculous

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I abandoned them on June 17, 2010, when they handed the Finals to Kobe Bryant, it was a gift, given with full frontal fixing. Here is the box score to those who need their memories refreshed.

The NBA is bad basketball. It is entertainment to those who find it entertaining.
    It is a bet, like video poker, nothing more.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201006170LAL.html

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    Lol I remember everyone saying this about Kobe and Shaq against the 03-04 Pistons. Even before that series Shaq hated playing against Ben Wallace. Most people regard the Bad Boys' Pistons better than that Pistons team, so I don't know. A young Shaq with the Magic didn't care for playing against Dennis Rodman either. Highly doubt they dominate with the same rules as back then. Maybe win but probably don't dominate.

Laimbeer is a douche though.
    Bad boys were better than that pistons team I'd say, but that pistons team nearly won 2 rings as well. Lakers lost because Kobe and Shaq hated each other at that point. It was a miracle they even got to the finals with the bad blood that was in that locker room. I remember everyday there was a new story with drama. Was the end of that dynasty. But yeah take any other Laker year where the chemistry was sky high. Don't make me laugh about Rodman. Mahorn and Lambeer guarding a prime Shaq who put up like 30 and 20 in every finals he played in his prime. Would be an onslaught. Bryant vs. Joe Dumars? Lmao. Bedtime for the bad boys. If Lambeer wanted to play a dirty game Shaq would fling him across the court. Good luck trying to body slam a prime Lakers Shaq.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15781

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    NHL might be the only one going in August. NBA looked to be all set but now the political BS is infiltrating. MLB is already on life support & basically done. Get ready for pucks on a nightly basis boys!

I'm good with that.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

MLB will have a season. It's probably going to only be about 50 games with a 16 team playoff, but they will play. I might give MLS another look see when they get started again next month.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

No abandonment by me. I fully support the NBA and Lebron's struggle for racial equality.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 06-15-20 at 08:54 AM.

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Don't care if it comes back or not.

But if/when it comes back I will bet and watch.
    I'm on this train. With this Pandemic , I realize I need sports.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    No abandoment by me. I fullt support the NBA and Lebron's struggle for racial equality.
    LeBron is really struggling. Poor guy

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Stephen Jackson is imploring NBA players to NOT return to action this season ... saying a basketball comeback would hurt the Black Lives Matter movement and the fight for social justice.

"Now ain't the time to be playing basketball, y'all," the former NBA star said. "Now ain't the time."

Jackson was friends with George Floyd and has become a very influential voice in the media since Floyd was killed.

"Playing basketball is going to do one thing: take all the attention off the task at hand right now and what we fighting for."

Jackson says the NBA season -- which is currently set to tip off next month in a "bubble environment" in Orlando -- would dominate the headlines ... and push away all the progress national protests have made in the wake of George Floyd's death last month.

"Nobody's going to be talking about getting justice for all these senseless murders by the police," he said. "And, nobody's going to be focusing on the task at hand, bro."

Several players are already in Jackson's corner ... Nets star Kyrie Irving and Lakers stud Dwight Howard have both said this past week they don't want to come back.

In fact, Howard said straight-up, "No Basketball 'til we get things resolved."

Of course, others want to see the season go forward ... the league's biggest star -- and Howard's teammate -- LeBron James, has said consistently he's ready for a comeback ASAP.

And, Clippers guard Patrick Beverly backed him in a tweet Sunday, writing, "Hoopers say what y’all want. If @KingJames said he hooping. We all hooping. Not Personal only BUSINESS"

But, Jackson doubled down in another video message to players Sunday ... saying, "Our moment is now."

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    How about lets abandon Trump? I will happily abandon NBA.
    I'm on this train too..lol

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

National Basketball Players Association executive director Michele Roberts told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski and Ramona Shelburne that players want to make sure they can enhance the Black Lives Matter movement if they resume the season. She said the discussions on Friday’s conference call organized by Kyrie Irving were just that — discussions.

“It’s not a question of play or not play,” Roberts said. “It’s a question of, does playing again harm a movement that we absolutely, unequivocally embrace? And then whether our play can, in fact, highlight, encourage and enhance this movement.

“That’s what they’re talking about. They’re not fighting about it; they’re talking about it.”

ESPN reports that discussions over the weekend with players, agents and NBPA and league officials gave no indication that the resumption of the season is in jeopardy. It is also believed that the number of players who are actually considering sitting out is not significant.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Points Awarded:

johnnyvegas13 gave Mr KLC 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

the 1 and done kid has kill the nba for me..

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

“There were 80 guys on the call and maybe 10 who spoke. Of the guys who spoke, it was probably 50/50 – only half said that we might need to take a stand and that playing may not be the best idea... I’m about 99.9 percent sure that we’ll finish the season.”

Ed Davis - Utah Jazz

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

I can remember when the Utah Jazz, Boston Celtics and Dallas Mavericks would have all white guys on the bench. Those were the good days.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

now if we can only get the rigged nfl season cancel, it would be great.

od120731
    od120731's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2093

It's way to big to be damaged by that I'm afraid

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

^^^How would re-starting the NBA season take away from BLM?

Most Players will wear BLM shoes and emblems on uniforms, all the talk will about BLM at breaks, commercials etc.. Black NBA players and coaches will have a bigger platform to voice if the NBA returns also.

I don't get it??? Not that I care.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^^How would re-starting the NBA season take away from BLM?

Most Players will wear BLM shoes and emblems on uniforms, all the talk will about BLM at breaks, commercials etc.. Black NBA players and coaches will have a bigger platform to voice if the NBA returns also.

I don't get it??? Not that I care.
    They are fukkin dummies Jibby most players barely can speak English

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I will still bet it. If the players don't want to play they can do whatever they wont but don't expect a paycheck. Being black is a not a good reason to not do your job which is playing basketball.

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1177

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I will still bet it. If the players don't want to play they can do whatever they wont but don't expect a paycheck. Being black is a not a good reason to not do your job which is playing basketball.
    Playing sports and getting paid millions to do so is not a job..
    It's a luxury..
    Think about it..
    Half of them couldn't hold down a real job..
    Just because you can throw a ball through a cylinder doesn't mean your fukking special or you have more rights than the people that work their asses off daily to fill your stadiums..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Demonata

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

You boys still talking sh*t..

All of you will be betting, watching and losing your money just like you did before the stoppage..

Same with MLB...

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

If you all choose not to watch nba then thats fine. a New league of all white players will emerge and you can spend your money on that. I will fully support NBA when it returns with the diverse players from all nationalities and background.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by Black Coffee View Post

All of you will be betting, watching and losing your money just like you did before the stoppage..

Same with MLB...
    exactly.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    And thats their choice. Its also the owners and coaches choice to suspend them etc whatever. Its also the betting public choice to do that. This is America!

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1177

Quote Originally Posted by Black Coffee View Post

Same with MLB...
    I'm not talking sh*t coffee..
    Simply stating my point of view on social disparities...
    Playing sports does not make you a better human being than I am..

Same goes with the color of a person's skin or political affiliation or religious view..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Love how LeBron is trying to put on a show. Guy is so selfish. He desperately wants to win the title and pretend to help the cause at the same time. I actually agree with Irving. Fight for the cause and don't play. LeBron still supporting China as well? Guy is a hypocrite. Didn't he say at first he wouldn't play without fans?

🤣🤣

First 12345 Last