Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Congrats, you’re probably making more now than when you punched the clock
    Lol, you minimum wage workers are funny

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Got laid off for 3 months because restrictions have been put on the federal contract we are working until October 1st. It'll be the first summer vacation I've had since 1986. This is going to be boring as hell for at least the first month or so with no sports. Going to have to find other activities than online poker.
    So are you gonna make more money on unemployment like everybody else?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    So are you gonna make more money on unemployment like everybody else?
    Actually after I pay my Cobra plan, I break out even.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I've been out since the beginning of the plandemic in Mid March. Originally I got all of my to do stuff that I needed to do, and now I'm just finding mew projects around the house to do and frankly I don't miss working at this time. I have a pretty good nest egg to sit on and the extra $600 a week added by the federal government to the $573 max I get out of PA almost makes up for my salary I was getting before.

I really think they will come up with another stimulus plan that will toss even more cash my way so the incentive to return to work will remain low. Sure they won't just toss $600 a week at me anymore, but I do think they will finagle some kind of slush money for the unemployed. The libs will cry too much, so maybe a salary based increase due to the tax return from 2019. Whatever it doesn't matter, the wife and I think that maybe we need to move out of this tyrannical state in PA and move somewhere were they allow you more freedom so I am looking at changing just about everything in life like selling the current house and moving to a new home.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    I've been out since the beginning of the plandemic in Mid March. Originally I got all of my to do stuff that I needed to do, and now I'm just finding mew projects around the house to do and frankly I don't miss working at this time. I have a pretty good nest egg to sit on and the extra $600 a week added by the federal government to the $573 max I get out of PA almost makes up for my salary I was getting before.

I really think they will come up with another stimulus plan that will toss even more cash my way so the incentive to return to work will remain low. Sure they won't just toss $600 a week at me anymore, but I do think they will finagle some kind of slush money for the unemployed. The libs will cry too much, so maybe a salary based increase due to the tax return from 2019. Whatever it doesn't matter, the wife and I think that maybe we need to move out of this tyrannical state in PA and move somewhere were they allow you more freedom so I am looking at changing just about everything in life like selling the current house and moving to a new home.
    I also think that it will be extended in some form or fashion also just for the fact that it is an election year. My wife is terrified, but I know were good. She doesn't pay the bills.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Go on a microbrewery tour and give us reports about the beers you tried.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Enjoy the time off KLC.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Go on a microbrewery tour and give us reports about the beers you tried.
    ^^^^^^

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I collect on federally defaulted student loans. Have been doing it since 1999. Because of the pandemic, we're only allowed to take incoming calls. No outbound calls allowed. Call volume is low so they had to lay most of us off until the restriction is lifted October 1.
    Maybe find a way to leverage that skill into a business. I know one guy who has a life insurance company and he makes about 500 a year. First few years were a lot of work but now he just coasts.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

start a robo call company mofos never stop calling me

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Got laid off for 3 months because restrictions have been put on the federal contract we are working until October 1st. It'll be the first summer vacation I've had since 1986. This is going to be boring as hell for at least the first month or so with no sports. Going to have to find other activities than online poker.
    You will lose your fukin mind

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Cut the shit KFC. You haven’t worked in at least a decade.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

You should take the time to polish up the ol resume and maybe take a few classes. If they cancel student debt you are going to be screwed.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

They might cancel student debt?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Hypothetical question KLC, if the stimulus turned into an actual Ubi, would you still collect student debts?

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    They might cancel student debt?
    The bill the dems passed in the house will cancel $10k in federal student debt per person. Not gonna wipe out all loans, but will take a chunk out of a lot of them.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    The bill the dems passed in the house will cancel $10k in federal student debt per person. Not gonna wipe out all loans, but will take a chunk out of a lot of them.
    $10,000 debt is just one semester tuition. They would still have $100,000 debt after this.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Not going to eliminate student debt anytime soon. If you control the debt, you control the person. Besides, defaulted debt payments are based on income, and 75% of our debtors qualify for $5/month. We have people with $200,000 loans paying $5/month to get it out of default, and even after it is out of default. Also, if you forgive all student loan debt, that opens another can of worms with the people that have already paid their loans off legitimately. Are you going to compensate them also?

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    $10,000 debt is just one semester tuition. They would still have $100,000 debt after this.
    If you're talking about someone that completed all 4 years, yes you'll have a lot of people where it's just a drop in the ocean. However, there's also a lot that never finished college or only spent a few years in community college before dropping out that only have $10-$15k on only partial education.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Also, if you forgive all student loan debt, that opens another can of worms with the people that have already paid their loans off legitimately. Are you going to compensate them also?
    Doesn't seem "equal" to me. People spend 20 years paying off student debt. Some Dems just want to wipe it out completely.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

thats a good policy to have , you can pull on it 6 to 18 months. gl

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Going back to work November 2nd! Thank the Lord! My wife and I were getting ready to kill each other. I am NEVER going to retire. It's been a long 4 months. Ready to get back into the trenches.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Congrats sir. Good stuff

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Going back to work November 2nd! Thank the Lord! My wife and I were getting ready to kill each other. I am NEVER going to retire. It's been a long 4 months. Ready to get back into the trenches.
    Great to hear. Cheers.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

By trenches do you mean asking customers if they want fries with that?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    By trenches do you mean asking customers if they want fries with that?
    Nope! Back on the phones talking to people about paying their student loans for $20/hour plus bonusses.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Welcome back to the work force.

First 12