Halfapointoff
    Halfapointoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1164

Who would want this job

23 officers died as a result of investigative or enforcement activities.
    8 were performing investigative activities.
    6 were involved in tactical situations.
    3 were investigating suspicious persons or circumstances.
    3 were interacting with wanted persons.
    2 were conducting traffic violation stops.
    1 was handling a person with a mental illness.
    11 officers were ambushed (entrapment/premeditation).
    6 officers were involved in pursuits.
    4 were involved in foot pursuits.
    2 were involved in vehicular pursuits.
    4 officers responded to crimes in progress.
    2 were burglaries in progress.
    1 was a report of a person with a firearm (no shots fired).
    1 was a report of an other crime against property.
    3 officers were involved in arrest situations.
    All 3 were attempting to control/handcuff/restrain the offender(s) during the arrest situations.
    2 officers were on administrative assignments while performing a prisoner transport.
    2 officers were assisting other law enforcement officers in foot pursuits.
    2 officers responded to disorders/disturbances.
    1 was responding to a disturbance call.
    1 encountered a domestic violence situation.
    1 officer was involved in an unprovoked attack.
    1 officer was performing traffic control (crash scene, directing traffic, etc.).
    Assignments (See Table 21.)

36 officers were on assigned vehicle patrol when the felonious incidents occurred.
    3 officers were assigned to investigative/detective duties.
    3 officers were on tactical assignments (uniformed).
    3 officers were on plainclothes assignments.
    2 officers were on special assignments.
    2 officers were conducting court/prisoner security.
    2 officers were involved in other situations.
    4 slain officers were off duty (but acting in official capacities) at the time of the incidents.
    39 on-duty officers who died in 2018 were assisted at the times of the attacks.
    12 on-duty officers were alone and unassisted at the times of the attacks.
    Weapons

Of the 55 officers feloniously killed in 2018, most (51) were killed with firearms. Of these, 37 were killed with handguns. (See Table 28.)
    14 officers fired their weapons; 5 officers attempted to fire their weapons. (See Table 18.)
    4 officers had their weapons stolen. (Based on Table 19.)
    4 officers were killed with their own weapons. (Based on Table 19.)
    23 officers were slain with firearms when they were less than 5 feet from the offenders. (See Table 32.)
    Body armor

In 2018, 43 of the officers feloniously killed were wearing body armor at the time of the incidents. (See Table 35.)
    Of these officers, 40 were killed with firearms (see Table 36) and received the following wounds:
    16 suffered wounds to the front of the head.
    7 were shot in the front upper torso/chest.
    6 were shot in the neck/throat.
    5 were wounded in the side of the head.
    4 were shot in the rear of the head.
    1 was shot in the front lower torso/abdomen.
    In 1 incident, the location of the fatal wound could not be determined due to multiple wound locations.

HEROES!!! That’s who

C&P from fbi website
    And that’s just 2008 statistics

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

tough to be a cop now

I definitely would have a mix of black and white in all towns and cities

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

7 police officers quit yesterday in Mpls.

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

Really a sad situation. I wonder how many were killed by minorities. How many by whites?

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Give cops more money. They deserve it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Thankless job now.. I would not want to be cop after all this crap happened.. NO WAY!!!!

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Look, we dont need to completely abolish police but they need to be reduced in funding and pensions and concentrated where needed.

It makes no sense to have 4 city cops in 99.9% Forest Lake MN and a large Sheriff presence for its 15,000 citizens here. All they do is write traffic tickets, collect data, and look for suspended licences while driving new vehicles and armed to the teeth daily. That's overbearing...

Then in shitty areas of MPLS now we have 0 police presence. This is where narcotics, prostitution, assault and other felonious crimes do occur, not to mention a large portion of arrest warrants need to be served.

The police union has to go, period. The police need to give up data collection, facial recognition and plate scanners and policing must return to public safety and prevention, not arrest or ticket every jaywalker.

The real problem is that frankly, if you want to be a cop, you're a fukking loser. You're the kid that ate pasta in school, got bullied, never got pussy. The mindset of anyone wanting to be a government use of force agent is something to be suspicious of....today's cops are all fukked up. Need to start more common sense policing. Why couldn't the cops wake up ATL dude last night and have him move to the side of the lot to sleep. Take his keys away and tell him to pick them up today.

Simple solutions to problems is what policing should be...but today's cop is a fukking mess in the head.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

i shaved off my quarantine beard down to a mustache in order to support cops

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Look, we dont need to completely abolish police but they need to be reduced in funding and pensions and concentrated where needed.

It makes no sense to have 4 city cops in 99.9% Forest Lake MN and a large Sheriff presence for its 15,000 citizens here. All they do is write traffic tickets, collect data, and look for suspended licences while driving new vehicles and armed to the teeth daily. That's overbearing...

Then in shitty areas of MPLS now we have 0 police presence. This is where narcotics, prostitution, assault and other felonious crimes do occur, not to mention a large portion of arrest warrants need to be served.

The police union has to go, period. The police need to give up data collection, facial recognition and plate scanners and policing must return to public safety and prevention, not arrest or ticket every jaywalker.

The real problem is that frankly, if you want to be a cop, you're a fukking loser. You're the kid that ate pasta in school, got bullied, never got pussy. The mindset of anyone wanting to be a government use of force agent is something to be suspicious of....today's cops are all fukked up. Need to start more common sense policing. Why couldn't the cops wake up ATL dude last night and have him move to the side of the lot to sleep. Take his keys away and tell him to pick them up today.

Simple solutions to problems is what policing should be...but today's cop is a fukking mess in the head.
    Fatty I gotta agree here. My beach town covers 4 miles and the police salary alone (2019) cost close to $3 million dollars a year! That’s not IT or anything else. 4 Fukin miles long 3 fuckin million dollars a year. They have a detective bureau (2 people) who combined make $260,000! That’s not the fire dept it’s the FUCKIN POLICE DEPT!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

They should either switch motto from “protect and serve” to “harass and aggravate” or they should knock off the harassing and aggravating and do what their motto claims!!

Stl is broken up into a boat load of tiny parishes that have tons of unnecessary police who jobs are to do exactly as you said, pull ppl over for traffic violations then proceed to trample on the constitution in the name of possibly finding drugs. As if bothering folks for that is somehow making the world a better place! Eliminate drug “crimes” and that would squash a good 80% their arrest in lot of these towns!!!

It ridiculous how many police are on some these small towns payroll! So many places you not only have St. Louis Or surrounding counties police but then also the police of that small parish inside said county. Total overkill in many those places leaving the police with quotas that need filled and the only way to do so is with unnecessary traffic stops with unwarranted aggravation being the norm.

Of course the major problem is they turned the “justice” system into big business instead of what it was intended for. The whole thing a joke and needs to be fixed. Ultimately ppl who commit real crimes against others are gonna do so regardless of how many police are bothering mostly folks who do no such thing.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    i shaved off my quarantine beard down to a mustache in order to support cops

Funny story.

I ordered some masks a while back for my wife, kids, and I to wear out as some stores require you to wear them, and I had no idea these were Police Blue Line symbols/logos, until a security guard going into a store told me. A few days before the an employee in a store asked me if they were Air Force masks, and I said I have no idea lol.

I've long been a critic of how many cops act, but in full support currently & think everyone should wear these to counter the masks I've bee seeing on the other side.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ I wish they made a COPS mask!!

This might be a best seller in the South if the mask design was made, ebay and Amazon. Have not seen a mask design created like this yet.. I'd buy it.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2158

I gotta ask, how in the hell is "eating pasta at school" an indicator of being a loser? Understood everything else, but pasta? What's the deal?

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    I gotta ask, how in the hell is "eating pasta at school" an indicator of being a loser? Understood everything else, but pasta? What's the deal?
    LOL paste

Damn autocorrect, whoever invented that can go to hello

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

NYPD was 20 years of service and ability to retire half pay. Hired age 23 and can retire age 43 half pay plus full medical etc. No other job comes close, post officer carrier is a really tough job no pension or salary close to that. Pension, benefits and usedxto be job security was a huge advantage for being a police officer. Someone i know is anl retired detective LOng Island Ny. 140k a year pension...thats fkin insane.

MinnesotaFats

Those pensions are simply unsustainable

Not reality.... cities will have to ch 7 these

My beer distributorship was a contributor to the old Central States, watched my drivers get 40 cents on the dollar after their failure.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

tough job not sure what's worse cop or prison guard

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I have a friend that is a police officer today. He only signed on a few years ago for the pension benefits.. He's gone the moment his pension kicks in. He's gotta gut it out for a few more years.

Most police will stay on the force until the pensions kick in..

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^ I wish they made a COPS mask!!

This might be a best seller in the South if the mask design was made, ebay and Amazon. Have not seen a mask design created like this yet.. I'd buy it.

Jibby, Live PD has been canceled too.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Jibby, Live PD has been canceled too.
    I know I'm VERY PISSED off about that Digs.. That was an awesome show!!

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

jibbs imagine working in a prison full of guys serving life sentences, that would be scary

TATUMUS
    TATUMUS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9887

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    NYPD was 20 years of service and ability to retire half pay. Hired age 23 and can retire age 43 half pay plus full medical etc. No other job comes close, post officer carrier is a really tough job no pension or salary close to that. Pension, benefits and usedxto be job security was a huge advantage for being a police officer. Someone i know is anl retired detective LOng Island Ny. 140k a year pension...thats fkin insane.
    Congress....serve one term => pay and benefits for life

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I know I'm VERY PISSED off about that Digs.. That was an awesome show!!

It was my favorite weekend show. Sucks

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    jibbs imagine working in a prison full of guys serving life sentences, that would be scary
    Those prison jobs are decent compared to cop salaries you'd be surprised. Maybe better then being a cop on the streets today.. Prison Correctional officers not a bad gig.. Get free healthcare and dental for the entire family also. Pensions also go into play also..

You are dealing and around the scum of the earth daily though 9 to 5. Gotta watch your back!! Could weigh on the soul over time also...

https://www.payscale.com/research/US...n_Guard/Salary
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-14-20 at 11:08 PM.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14733

What a joke, there are privatized prisons in the United States that provide better medical and dental benefits to the inmates then to their own employees.
    Healthcare for inmates is legislated and guaranteed, sadly corporations aren't held to the same standard. Privatizing prisons was a brilliant idea, #winning